PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's just took off spray paint from vandels.

siver-SI
05-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Well my father went out into the shop were we were working on his truck the past few days and when he gets out there some one broke into are shop and did not steal a thing but took red spray paint and wrote all over his truck. Well we had to wait for the cops and after he came I pulled out some Meguiar's Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (M-9716) and it just started to take off the paint with out a problem. We just had to work at it but with very little pressure the paint it was just coming right off. Needless to say when the do the full side of a crew cab and the hood it took a little time. I just got back from the shop and I have pictures that I will post just to show how good this stuff is. I have to say the paint was good and dry because a finger nail was not even getting it off at first. I am thinking of talking to Meguiar's about this and maybe see what they think. Hey maybe I can work of some free stuff with them if they advertise what their product can do. I do have pictures and I will be posting them latter. Just needless to say my head light painting went out the door today since I lost a few hours on the truck but at least I am going to get the side decals off the car. Just thought I would share this incase some one has their car ever vandalised. The weird part was that if I would have had the time last night I would have been doing the headlights on my SI and there would have been a good chance that the SI would have been in the shop and not the truck.

FailureToStop
08-17-2003, 10:01 PM
I got some crap on my egg's ass after I ran over something over the freeway. Stupid me I didn't check after. My only excuse is that I was driving for three hours straight.

Anyways this brown stuff is on the car that looks like some type of weak paint. It looks like this stuff you used may work to get it off.

What kind of pad/applicator did you use to get the stuff off?

siver-SI
08-18-2003, 07:31 AM
I just used some of my 100% cotton towles and just but a lot of cleaner on it so I did not have to worry about scatching as much. Then just went over it nice and easy so that the paint was just covered in it and then came back and wiped it off.