PDA

View Full Version : Money Burned My Pocket So I brought These!!

Mad02Si
05-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Well I had money to buy something for my car and I broke down and got Racing hart Cp8's in black from wheel max for 960 with 215/45's, should have them buy the end of the week hopefully, I was going to get some Rota's but 16 would have cost me the same with tires and shipping extra. I think they will look good I know they might be alittle heavier than stock but future engine mods will fix that..Next comes some Koni's cause I need to have a better handling ride. Best price I have found for those is 590 shipped for all 4. Anybody know of better deal??

02SilverSiHB
05-26-2003, 05:32 PM
the cp8's are lighter than stock rims. they weigh 17lbs, versus the 19.4lbs that the stock rims weigh.
Hopefully your tires will weigh less also. The overall weight of the stock rims and tires was 40lbs when I weighed mine.

As for konis go to www.importhorizon.com and get them there. I got mine for 531 shipped.

Mad02Si
05-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
the cp8's are lighter than stock rims. they weigh 17lbs, versus the 19.4lbs that the stock rims weigh.
Hopefully your tires will weigh less also. The overall weight of the stock rims and tires was 40lbs when I weighed mine.

As for konis go to www.importhorizon.com and get them there. I got mine for 531 shipped. Thax alot my friend, Shox.com quoted me 590 with free shipping, I thought that was alittle high, so I didnt want to get them with out price searching. By the way how hard was the install of the koni's? Would a air cut off help it go faster or did your dremel do just fine?

02SilverSiHB
05-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Thax alot my friend, Shox.com quoted me 590 with free shipping, I thought that was alittle high, so I didnt want to get them with out price searching. By the way how hard was the install of the koni's? Would a air cut off help it go faster or did your dremel do just fine?
at first I used a hack saw...that took freakin for ever on the passenger side one. Then the driver side was faster with the dremel, although I went through 5 of those small as cutting pieces that the dremel came with. If you have a air tool with a big cutting piece it should go quickly. If you're worried about cutting too much, just do little by little. I would cut some, put the koni in, and try to use the bolt that goes in the bottom to bring the koni insert in to the stock shock housing. If it didn't want to go down, I'd just take a look how much more it needed and cut the remainder. I think it ended up being like 2.3" of the stock shock to cut.

The rear was a pain, because I had nothing to hold the bushings still, except my hand.

Mad02Si
05-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Wow got alot of gawking on this post nobody has an opinion about these wheels. Man how about showing some feedback love.. Is 960 a good price or did I get ripped? I can't wait till they come, but now i'm paraniod about something happening to my car before they arive...

02SilverSiHB
05-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, I'm the type that if you go for black rims, why go any bigger than 16's if you want something bigger than 15's. But, I haven't seen pics of these on the si yet, so who knows. Post pics when you get a chance. I think they are nice rims, I wanted them in silver.

Mad02Si
06-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Damn Wheel max teased my ass today. They told me the wheels would arrive friday so to day I pretty much slept in. I get up around 4 and decide to wash my car when the Ups guy pulls up. I think to myself "wow would be cool if my wheels came today I could wash my car and put them on. Sure enough the guy pulls out with three boxes... Just three, He tells me that there is 5 altogether (lugs and other Wheel) but they would probaly come tomorrow. Fuck got happy for a second, they look nice though and feel pretty light. I dont have a scale but would have to say there lighter than my stockers with tires, and alot lighter than my old Motegi Mr7's. Just venting alittle I hope the guy comes by early tomorrow so I can cruise before I have to go to work..

02SilverSiHB
06-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Damn Wheel max teased my ass today. They told me the wheels would arrive friday so to day I pretty much slept in. I get up around 4 and decide to wash my car when the Ups guy pulls up. I think to myself "wow would be cool if my wheels came today I could wash my car and put them on. Sure enough the guy pulls out with three boxes... Just three, He tells me that there is 5 altogether (lugs and other Wheel) but they would probaly come tomorrow. Fuck got happy for a second, they look nice though and feel pretty light. I dont have a scale but would have to say there lighter than my stockers with tires, and alot lighter than my old Motegi Mr7's. Just venting alittle I hope the guy comes by early tomorrow so I can cruise before I have to go to work..
damn that sucks. I'm going to guess that the tire and wheel weighs about 38lbs. Did you get the khumos with the wheels?

Mad02Si
06-06-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

damn that sucks. I'm going to guess that the tire and wheel weighs about 38lbs. Did you get the khumos with the wheels? They didn't have the Kumho 712's with that price so I kinda sacrificed and got some Venturi tires, says they are made by Hankook, I'll let everybody know how they ride and sound today. I wish I would have got all the wheels and just not the lugs cause I could have still mounted them, sucks being so close yet so far. Oh well a few more hours.. Oh and the tires are 215-40's I thought I was getting 215-45 but 40 are ok, I just didnt want 205-40's cause Tire Rack said they would be overloaded by the weight of the car.

EP3_DC5
06-06-2003, 10:09 AM
They didn't have the Kumho 712's with that price so I kinda sacrificed and got some Venturi tires, says they are made by Hankook, I'll let everybody know how they ride and sound today. I wish I would have got all the wheels and just not the lugs cause I could have still mounted them, sucks being so close yet so far. Oh well a few more hours.. Oh and the tires are 215-40's I thought I was getting 215-45 but 40 are ok, I just didnt want 205-40's cause Tire Rack said they would be overloaded by the weight of the car.

I know how you feel right now!!! Take a bunch of pics before installation of just the wheels and after on the car. Can't wait to see the pics! Congrats.

!@#$%
06-06-2003, 02:06 PM
my rims weighed 38 lbs each with tire

EP3_DC5
06-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
my rims weighed 38 lbs each with tire

?????

EP3_DC5
06-07-2003, 01:35 PM
SO???? Any pics yet???

Mad02Si
06-07-2003, 04:08 PM
My crappy camera sucks ass pics dont look good, I have pics when I get all of them in and installed.

YooShin
06-13-2003, 07:06 AM
!@#$%:

What type of rim is that? They look like Black Racing Pro N1s. I'm preaty set on the Pro N1s but will get them in silver for my vivid blue EP. Really like those CP8s. can't wait to see them.

Mad02Si
06-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
!@#$%:

What type of rim is that? They look like Black Racing Pro N1s. I'm preaty set on the Pro N1s but will get them in silver for my vivid blue EP. Really like those CP8s. can't wait to see them. Check the Members rides, my camera sucks ass but pics are ok.