PDA

View Full Version : Smoke from exhaust in 70 degree weather ???

mixedupneko
05-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Whats up guys. I dont know if its me but recently my si exhaust has been smoking a little as if it was in cold weather the wether here today was 68degrees outside and there was smoke coming from the exhaust . could it be because i havent drive the car over a mile in 3 months ? my license is suspended so i only take it around the block 1ce a week could this be why ?

mrfixit687
05-27-2003, 07:11 AM
probably water vapor or condensation in your exhaust, so thats wat cause the smoke, depends how much it is though? on my car every morning i start it up i get a lil smoke out the tail pipe while i warm up

potator
05-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Hmm. I'm not too sure, but I think it definitely has something to do with your lack of driving the car. (I know it's not your fault). From what I've heard, you need to run the car in full throttle 0-60, shifting above 5,000 RPM. (It is also a good idea to do this twice a month for as long as you own the car.) This keeps the soot out of the exhaust pipe, cleans the catalytic converter, and evaporates the water that is made there. If you do not do this, the exhaust system will rust from the inside out!