PDA

View Full Version : headlight condensation?

SinisterCivicSi
05-26-2003, 07:08 PM
hey guys,
i just noticed last night that my passenger headlight has condensation in it, i have not altered my headlights or taken them or any bulbs out, and no cracks... has anyone had this prob yet?
i am going to ask them to replace the light when i take it in for my service....wonder if they will do it.

SubliminalSi
05-26-2003, 07:27 PM
They should fix it..theres probably a leak somewhere in the seal

craig
05-26-2003, 08:16 PM
there is a L tube on the back of the headlight ... it is common for this to happen..

if you cleaned your engine bay or had alot of rain it can cause more condensation appear **

SinisterCivicSi
05-27-2003, 02:51 AM
haahaaaa.......rain......yeah we have had alot of that....

for the month of may, we have had 23 days of rain...and its what, the 27th?

still, i'm gonna see what they say. someone at the dealer told me that the headlights have a 2 year warranty against cracks and chips or something like that. i will probablly go to him first and see if this is covered, then hold him liable if the manager doesnt wanna fix it. hee hee:D

CivicHB
05-27-2003, 06:27 AM
My passenger side headlight is full of condensation, I'm pissed. So is my friends EP and his is car a year younger. The dealership will hear of this.

Dunrick
05-27-2003, 07:58 AM
take the main headlight bulb out, place one of those little packets you get when you buy shoes, w/ the silicone ball things....leave in overnight, it will suckup the condensation, plug the bulb back in....

badabing!

downhil
05-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
take the main headlight bulb out, place one of those little packets you get when you buy shoes, w/ the silicone ball things....leave in overnight, it will suckup the condensation, plug the bulb back in....

badabing!

that sure does sound familiar.:rolleyes:

SinisterCivicSi
05-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick

badabing!

yeah but that would take all the fun out of making the dealer have to replace my headlight! lol

k20ASi
05-27-2003, 06:38 PM
i had my passenger side replaced about 2 weeeks after owning the car. they did a test told me that ther was no evedence of water but i still got new head light.:D

SinisterCivicSi
05-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by k20ASi
i had my passenger side replaced about 2 weeeks after owning the car. they did a test told me that ther was no evedence of water but i still got new head light.:D

haa ahaa thats just like when they told me my car using a quart of oil per 1500 miles was "within specifications for si civics" but i still got a new short block, no questions asked.....

funny how denial works. well, at least honda will replace their shit, they have been good about that, but damned if they will admit fault! lol

cbecker333
05-27-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming we're talking about condensation on the inside of the thick, outer plastic in front of the headlights? My headlights have 2 square holes cut in the outer plastic - I'm pretty sure condensation in there is normal, thats why the holes are there. Maybe I'm confused about where you guys are seeing condensation....

Sidriver
05-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Condensation? are you talking about that gewwy stuff between the light bulb and the connection. I think that's corrosion lube. but it's weird thought cuz i installed sylvanna silverstar lights like about 3 months ago and my passenger side light went out just a few days ago, well the low beam light went out but when i put it in high beam it works. Now i got the stock light bulbs back in :(

chakra71
07-08-2003, 01:59 PM
i just noticed i have a bit of condensation in my stock passenger headlight too. anyone ever do anything about it?

i hate to bring my car in for warranty over something goofy like condensation, but it's a honda, not a neon.

i might try the dessicant packet trick, but i'm sure it will just come back with the way it's been raining down here lately. maybe i can force their hand into ordering some JDM EP lights. that would be cool. :cool:

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Sidriver
Condensation? are you talking about that gewwy stuff between the light bulb and the connection. I think that's corrosion lube

no i am talkin about behind the glass casing, its water condensation, looks like mist if i had to describe it. here is a pic of hubby's car suffereing the same thing. i wonder why its the passenger side that it always happens? his are aftermarket but still....kinda wierd.

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
heres the pic.....duh

cbecker333
07-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure I see holes in the clear outer casing of my head lights, which seems to mean that condensation is going to happen once in a while when conditions are right, just like on the outside of the car. If it doesn't go away for hours and hours, then I think you've got something to worry about - but occasional, temporary condensation seems impossible to avoid given the hole in that clear plastic.

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 11:26 AM
i have no holes in my headlights, i am suprised that you do. i never had a condensation problem before with oem lights, only when i bought aftermarket ion projector ones for my 93 civic. i only asked the dealer to look at it, they decided to replace it, whatever's clever baby, do what you gotta do! lol

furious
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure I see holes in the clear outer casing of my head lights, which seems to mean that condensation is going to happen once in a while when conditions are right, just like on the outside of the car. If it doesn't go away for hours and hours, then I think you've got something to worry about - but occasional, temporary condensation seems impossible to avoid given the hole in that clear plastic.

I think they just look like holes..I was checking the surface on the headlights out last week and despite there having textures that look like holes, they are not....and do not go into the headlights at all. Otherwises, we would have flooded headlights everytime we drive in hard rain...

Tenacious G
07-11-2003, 12:47 PM
no headlight condensation here, but just wanted to say that SinisterCivicSi's husband's Si looks awesome.

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
no headlight condensation here, but just wanted to say that SinisterCivicSi's husband's Si looks awesome.

thanks tenacious! he loves his car....i like it to. we have an impressive si family. lol

i always wanted a 00 red si since they are super rare around here, so in essence, i still got it! thanks for the love.

Tenacious G
07-11-2003, 01:17 PM
my brother (CSMsi311) has a 99 Si. i wish he would do something like that headlight conversion on his car. i think that really improves the front end looks.

and props on the silver EP (I gots one too, but yours looks a lot better)

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 01:32 PM
those angel eyes on his car were 140 bucks on ebay dear, plug and play! he also has painted eyebrows.....so for everything he paid about 230 bucks.

and thanks.....my baby looks stock but once i get all my go go stuff on her, she's a nice sleeper from the front. ;)

STP03BlueSI
07-11-2003, 01:41 PM
damn thats the same thing that happened to my girls eclipse aftermarket headlights.:(

SinisterCivicSi
07-11-2003, 01:56 PM
its funny, just the past 2 storms we had, his started....he said i jinxed him. lol the last two storms have been super bad ones, and with alot of humidity.....not sure if that has anything to do with it. i told him about the silicone baggie thing....he is gonna try it....now we just gotta find one.

k20hatch
07-11-2003, 11:21 PM
this is kinda wierd...but has anyone got little rocks around there headlight...i did and when my car went into the shop for my body kit we took the headlights out and the little rocks were everywhere...wierd...