PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have D3D pics of the CF lip kit???

EP3_DC5
05-26-2003, 07:19 PM
does anyone have pics of this kit? Does anyone on this board actually have this kit???

02SilverSiHB
05-26-2003, 09:11 PM
search ownz you :D
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6293&highlight=civicracer.com
civicracer.com owned one, but his car was wrecked.
www.civicracer.com
http://www.boomspeed.com/ivtec/cfw1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/ivtec/cfw2.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/ivtec/cfw3.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/ivtec/cfw4.jpg

StrangeShadow
05-27-2003, 12:16 AM
what's the price on one of those, does that fit to our oem bumpers?

Suk02Si
05-27-2003, 01:30 AM
yeah it fits our usdm bumpers.

D3 Designs (http://k7fx.com/d3/products/civicbk/index.html)

StrangeShadow
05-27-2003, 01:39 AM
cool thanks

EP3_DC5
05-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the pics, and I did search, just didn't find all the pics I was looking for. I wanted more angles. I think that I will get this kit for my gf's car when I have the money.

02SilverSiHB
05-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5
Thanks for the pics, and I did search, just didn't find all the pics I was looking for. I wanted more angles. I think that I will get this kit for my gf's car when I have the money.
I wish there was some pics of this kit painted to match the car so we could really see how the kit looks.

EP3_DC5
05-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I wish there was some pics of this kit painted to match the car so we could really see how the kit looks.

Oh yeh, it looks awful in CF imo......I just think that carbon fiber is too played out. If you get a carbon fiber hood, it should be for weight savings.......so PAINT IT!!! lol

minimay7
05-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Do D3 guys even visit this site anymore?:(

02SilverSiHB
05-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by minimay7
Do D3 guys even visit this site anymore?:(
I don't think so. Everytime they posted something about the kit, the subject would turn towards the headlights. I wish they'd put the kit on a blue or silver si and paint it too match so we'll know more of how it looks.

SmoothOperator
05-27-2003, 07:17 PM
I made this request last week in the photoshop section of the site...here's what it'd look like in white.

SmoothOperator
05-27-2003, 07:19 PM
I also e-mailed D3 asking if they still planned on releasing a Fiberglass or urethane version of the kit. Still no reply.
If they do, then this'll definately be the kit I get.

Suk02Si
05-27-2003, 07:53 PM
looks much better painted

StrangeShadow
05-28-2003, 11:51 PM
urethane
If they make the kit in this I might bite, resembles the type r kit a bit. ...now make the car silver!!! :p

02SilverSiHB
05-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

If they make the kit in this I might bite, resembles the type r kit a bit. ...now make the car silver!!! :p
if civicracer sells his kit, I'll have it painted to match on my car...so then you'll see it in silver and I got the CTR to match it up with :p

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 09:06 AM

if civicracer sells his kit, I'll have it painted to match on my car...so then you'll see it in silver and I got the CTR to match it up with :p

if u check the classified section he is selling it:)

02SilverSiHB
05-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

if u check the classified section he is selling it:)
yeah, I know, I sent a pm and replied to it also. Just awaiting to see the reply. I know he was in a wreck in his car, so I want to make sure it's in good condition first.

02SilverSiHB
05-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

made it silver, but now I don't think I like it

Jodster
05-30-2003, 05:37 PM
If you got that lip kit in Fiberglass and molded it, it would look damn good!!!

In your photoshop it looks like the front is molded.

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 06:07 PM
hey 02silver, can u turn that pic into a black ep :)

02SilverSiHB
05-30-2003, 07:22 PM
hey 02silver, can u turn that pic into a black ep :)
Jodster, I just used photoshop to take out the black line that was showing when I did it in silver, but yeah, it would look good. Do you guys think it looks good in silver? I'm not sure if it's me or maybe because the photoshop isn't exact, you know.
Anyway, here's black

Jodster
05-30-2003, 07:31 PM
The silver color you did was a little bit darker. I think it is hot in silver. And if it was in fiberglass and molded on, it just might be the hottest looking kit for our cars IMO.

SmoothOperator
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
It's an awsome kit, but I'm iffy about the rear...wonder how it'd look with the wingswest rear......

IceD out N CALI
05-31-2003, 03:25 AM

Jodster, I just used photoshop to take out the black line that was showing when I did it in silver, but yeah, it would look good. Do you guys think it looks good in silver? I'm not sure if it's me or maybe because the photoshop isn't exact, you know.
Anyway, here's black

thanks for the chop. as far as silver i'm not 100% sure on that one. would like to see more chops and pics from different angles in silver for the d3

since u have those coilovers pretty low, it may scrape?

02SilverSiHB
05-31-2003, 09:13 AM

thanks for the chop. as far as silver i'm not 100% sure on that one. would like to see more chops and pics from different angles in silver for the d3

since u have those coilovers pretty low, it may scrape?
nah, I don't think it'll scrape. it will come close though

Jodster
05-31-2003, 09:18 AM
They need to make that kit in Fiberglass. It looks so much better painted. If they don't make it, do you guys think another company could?

02SilverSiHB
05-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Jodster
They need to make that kit in Fiberglass. It looks so much better painted. If they don't make it, do you guys think another company could?
you can paint carbon fiber.

Jodster
05-31-2003, 09:27 AM

you can paint carbon fiber.

That is true, but i really don't want to pay 1300 dollars and still have to pay to have it painted. Plus I want it in Fiber glass so I can have it molded on. I don't think you can mold Carbon fiber, or if it is easy to do.

02SilverSiHB
05-31-2003, 09:30 AM

That is true, but i really don't want to pay 1300 dollars and still have to pay to have it painted. Plus I want it in Fiber glass so I can have it molded on. I don't think you can mold Carbon fiber, or if it is easy to do.
civicracer is selling his for 800, I'm still waiting for him to get back on line and email me to let me know how much it is shipped.

Jodster
05-31-2003, 09:33 AM

civicracer is selling his for 800, I'm still waiting for him to get back on line and email me to let me know how much it is shipped.

Cool. Are you going to get it painted? I still rather get it in fiberglass to save some money. I'm intrested in seeing non-photoshopped pics of it on a silver EP painted to match. So keep us updated!!

02SilverSiHB
06-02-2003, 12:15 PM

Cool. Are you going to get it painted? I still rather get it in fiberglass to save some money. I'm intrested in seeing non-photoshopped pics of it on a silver EP painted to match. So keep us updated!!
I went ahead and bought civicracers kit. I should have it painted and installed by the first week of July.

Jodster
06-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Sweet!! When you get it, can you put it on before you get it painted and post some pics of it? I really want to see how the CArbon fiber lip kit would look on a silver EP. I really want to get one now. But I need a Carbon Fiber hood to go with it.:p

SmoothOperator
06-02-2003, 01:17 PM
I still haven't received a response from them concerning a urethane or fiberglass version :(

!@#$%
06-02-2003, 01:29 PM

I went ahead and bought civicracers kit. I should have it painted and installed by the first week of July.

niiiiice. After seeing kathryn's car, my thoughts on the D3 kit are all positive. If i get it more than likely it will get painted, but I'd like to see what the CF would look like with the silver as well. :)

02SilverSiHB
06-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Sweet!! When you get it, can you put it on before you get it painted and post some pics of it? I really want to see how the CArbon fiber lip kit would look on a silver EP. I really want to get one now. But I need a Carbon Fiber hood to go with it.:p
I'll do that :D

Jodster
06-05-2003, 09:21 PM
When are you getting the lip kit? Thanks in advance for taking pics of the kit on your EP before you get it painted.

02SilverSiHB
06-05-2003, 10:08 PM
When are you getting the lip kit? Thanks in advance for taking pics of the kit on your EP before you get it painted.
civicracer is looking for a good box to ship it in...he doesn't want to be cheap...that's one of the good things about that guy :D I've delt with him before when buying stuff back like 4 years ago. I'm going to florida today, and won't be back until the 17th or so.

So, I guess I won't have pics up until maybe the end of the month of the kit unpainted.

Then it should be painted by the end of July.

SHAKEnBAKE
06-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I still haven't received a response from them concerning a urethane or fiberglass version :(

I sent the same e-mail today.

Anyone got any idea?