PDA

View Full Version : 40,000 mile service

cj miller
05-27-2003, 02:27 AM
I know what they do but how much is it and is it worth it? i dont THINK anything is wrong but eh who knows.

iVtec si
05-27-2003, 05:50 AM
Not sure, I'm going to get my 15000 service tommarow morning I'll ask and see what they say. I'm gonna get all my scheduled service done through my waranty for sure, then we'll see about after that.

ApexinSi
05-27-2003, 06:50 AM
crap guys... my car is at honda right now for the 30k service... bastards quoted me damn over $300... fookers lied to me when they said i wouldn' t have to dish out alot of cash till 110k... and I have to take it to honda so i can continute my warrenty..

andy
05-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
... and I have to take it to honda so i can continute my warrenty..

Why is that? Did you sign up for some sort of special warranty/service contract?

A lot of 30K/40K/whateverK services can be done in parts. For
example, you can check your own brakes/brake fluid pretty
easily, change the oil yourself, etc. Then whatever you don't
feel like doing (say flushing the coolant or rotating tires) have
the dealer do. Should save you a little cash.

ApexinSi
05-27-2003, 10:22 AM
unfortunatly I got the 100k mile warrenty... and I was just thinking if things wern't done when they were supposed to be done... and not on record(by honda), then that will void my warrenty if something bad happens in the future... something I don't want to happen with a new car... Then again I wish I only had the 36k mile warrenty cause I only got 6k to go and that means forced induction time :o

Steve02Si
05-27-2003, 10:29 AM
if you're still under the 36k warranty, you can make them buy back the extended warranty. I'm considering doing this since I probably wont keep the car long enough to need it, and if I do keep it, i'll just swap in the K20A2 after the warranty's up.