PDA

View Full Version : Please translate my alignment paper

Si02
05-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Could someone please explain this to me? I was told I need a front camber kit. Can you tell from the paper and how are my rears? This is all Chinese to me. Thanks

glw
05-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Si02
Could someone please explain this to me? I was told I need a front camber kit. Can you tell from the paper and how are my rears? This is all Chinese to me. Thanks camber is a measurment in degrees. there are 60 minutes in one degree.

basically, there is an ideal setting (or position) and a tolerance.

both your front and rear appear to be within the tolerances stated in the service manual.

the front ideal setting is 0 degrees (straight up) with a tolerance 45 minutes - either side of 0 degrees (-0°45' to +0°45'). therefore your setting should be between -45 minutes and +45 minutes for each wheel (left and right). if i read your printout correctly... your left front is -36 minutes and right front is -40 minutes both appear to be within tolerance, but could be closer to ideal.

the rear ideal is -45 minutes and has a tolerance of 45 minutes (0°0' to 1°30'). your left rear is -40 minutes and right rear is -59 minutes, both within tolerance.

a negative number means that the top of the wheel is closer to the centerline of the car than is the bottom.

Si02
05-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the great info. So are you telling me I don't need a freont camber kit? Also with a rear camber kit shouldn't they be able to dial it in perfectly? Finally, I have to put a new boot on the end of the tie rod cause I broke it during spring installation, would I need another alignment after I install it? Thanks again.

Another thing the car feels like it pulls to the left a little....:'(

glw
05-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Si02
Thanks for the great info. So are you telling me I don't need a freont camber kit? Also with a rear camber kit shouldn't they be able to dial it in perfectly? Finally, I have to put a new boot on the end of the tie rod cause I broke it during spring installation, would I need another alignment after I install it? Thanks again.

Another thing the car feels like it pulls to the left a little....:'( 1) yes, the front camber appears to be within specification limits.

2) yes, with the rear kit, they should be able to dial in the rear so at least both sides match without anything rubbing...

3) maybe... it's your call, but i don't think you're changing the geometry of anything buy just replacing the boot. always better to have it checked though. maybe the original shop would check it for cheap (or better yet - free)...

4) pulling could be just the road... you might could use that for the excuse to get it checked again...

Si02
05-28-2003, 03:42 AM
Thanks a bunch......:D

todaCspec
05-28-2003, 12:50 PM
What springs are you using/drop?

Since it is only off by alittle front and back, wouldn't you be able to get an alignment w/o a rear camber kit?

Si02
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I got Tein springs and I already have a rear camber kit on they told me I needed a front camber kit.

JSIR
05-31-2003, 05:06 PM
what is the reported drop with Tein Springs, in inches ?. If you are still within spec I wouldn't worry about camber kits. Plus a bit more negative camber assists with handling when it is within spec like that, I'd keep it myself.

I just bought some Honda adjsutment bolts for my front camber adjustment, but now that I see your measurements I may not need them, my Eibach only dropped the ride about 1.5 inches.

let me know how much you dropped the ride Tein, I'd be interested to know.

Joey

Si02
06-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Yea I think the Tein drop is about the same. 1.5 in rear and 1.3 in front or the other way around. I got a 2 finger gap front and back.