PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't more of you using zaino?!

Karim
05-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Ok my question is why arne't more Si drivers using zaino? The stuff is simply amazing! Easy to apply, long lasting, etc etc etc. Most s2k, nsx, vette and fbody owners use it. Why aren't you? I've tried a lot of stuff and have yet to see anything that comes close.

A wax test done by the nsx boys showing how greta zaino is can be found at http://www.nsxsc.com/html/article10.html

A pic of a fbody on zaino
http://www.zainobros.com/files/photos/blacktalg.jpg

here's an FAQ with pictures about zaino on the s2k boards. http://www.s2ki.com/article/articleview/126/1/29/

Product info at http://www.zainobros.com

If anyone has any question go ahead and ask, I know a lot about the stuff. Application? What to buy? Just ask away.

Karim

EPHatchgirl
05-28-2003, 02:08 AM
I DO use it.:D

SiR Medic
05-28-2003, 04:36 AM
Well... That sounds like you work for Zaino or something...

Calm down man... It's just WAX!

Personally, I don't use it because:
1/ It's too expensive.
2/ I think Meguire's does a fine job!

CleanBlackSi02
05-28-2003, 07:00 AM
That post does sound like an advertisement. If people know about it and like it they'll use it.

Sb00
05-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Karim just did his s2k with zaino last night, couldn't stop tellin me about it...

you need to bring that s2k over and lemme see the diffrence :)

DynaSpeed
05-28-2003, 09:55 AM
That F-Body is waxed so well that it looks like it's melting.
Nice....

The NSX forum did a seemingly unbiased, decent job of conducting a good wax test... and the NSX polish?? $144.00??!

EPHatchgirl
05-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
I DO use it.:D

:o Actually, I use Zymol... which makes me feel better, because you do sound like an advertisement.:rolleyes: :D

Karim
05-28-2003, 02:20 PM
I do not work for zaino nor is this an advertisment. Just trying to inform everyone else of what's our there. I have been doing a lot of reading on this board and other products besides meguirs aren't brought up that often so I thought I'd throw out another name to give people more choices. Sorry if it came off like an ad :)

Steve yes you do need to see the car now and heck you still need a ride in it so you can experiance the fury of 9000rpms :p :D

I had never heard of zaino until I saw a post just like this on newcelica.org, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Karim

Sb00
05-28-2003, 02:54 PM
karim i get off work at about 8pm tonight gimmie a call if you are free

:p 9k rpms :p you may have to put some plastic on your seats ;)

oh and you have a pm at teamzebra.net :D

Karim
05-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Sb00

oh and you have a pm at teamzebra.net :D

rgr that, JB, his dad, me and my boy dave might go karting either tomorrow or this weekend, you in?

Karim

Sb00
05-28-2003, 06:31 PM
i get paid on thursday so hell yea i'm in for this weekend :D hehe

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-20-2003, 08:08 AM
I doubt this guy works for Zaino's because he's in LA...
Zaino's is based out of the next town over from me...
And the only negative about their products is the price...
It's is the best stuff out there.....period.
The more you wax, the more the car shines...

gtaSiR
06-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Just used it on my EP... oh what a shine =)

The price is comparable in my opinion, the down side is that it's not readily available in the corner store. I stopped using it for that reason but I just got a new batch. It is the only wax/polish I've used that I actually ran out of. I have so many wax/polish of different brands on my shelf that I waste more money going to the corner store than just ordering the darn thing.

Anyways... back to my car...

02SilverSiHB
06-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Well... That sounds like you work for Zaino or something...

Calm down man... It's just WAX!

Personally, I don't use it because:
1/ It's too expensive.
2/ I think Meguire's does a fine job!
ditto, zaino is nice, but too much $$$$

alwayscleaning
06-29-2003, 04:54 PM
IMO zaino is a nice product, if you like that look and have the $ and TIME to apply it. I think there are other products out there that produce the same if not better results than zaino. If you look at a car detailed with meguiar's or mother's product next to an identical car detailed with zaino, the meg's or mother's car will be much richer and the paint will appear deeper. The zaino car will look great, but will have a more reflective"plasticy" sheen to it. However, if you left these same cars outside for 6 weeks the megs or mother's car will look like they have not been cared for and the water will not bead. The zainoed car will look exactly the same as the day it was left there, and the water will still be beading.

I think that platinum is a great sealant(www.premiumautocare.com), it has the warmth of carnuba and is VERY close to the durability of zaino. Also you can incorporate its use into the products you alredy have. For instance if you wanted to use meguiar's #9 swirl remover, then 3M Imperial hand glaze, then klasse all in one, then top with platinum: No problem.

Here is a black mazdaspeed I detailed a few weeks ago, the steps were as follows:
1) meguiar's #83 dual action cleaner polish(applied with porter cable 7424 and polishing pad)

2)Meg's #9 swirl remover(applied with porter cable 7424 and polishing pad)

3)platinum paint cleaner (applied by hand)

4)platinum sealant(applied by porter cable7424 and finishing pad)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db10b3127cce8880214d5a760000000610
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db10b3127cce8880212adb210000000610
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db10b3127cce888021375a0c0000000610

Team
06-29-2003, 10:36 PM
If you really only knew what kind of wax hurts the paint of a car or helps is, let me ask you one question does it have silicon in it?

Adam

AkronSi
06-30-2003, 07:40 AM
As far as I know, none of the above have silicone in them. Zaino, Platinum and Klasse are all polymer products. I'm not sure of the base for Platinum and Zaino, but the Klasse is an acrylic base.

I know for sure that the Meg's Dual Action is silicone free. It's part of their body shop safe line.

alwayscleaning, your car looks really good. I love black cars, especially when they are clean!

Team
06-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by AkronSi
As far as I know, none of the above have silicone in them. Zaino, Platinum and Klasse are all polymer products. I'm not sure of the base for Platinum and Zaino, but the Klasse is an acrylic base.

I know for sure that the Meg's Dual Action is silicone free. It's part of their body shop safe line.

alwayscleaning, your car looks really good. I love black cars, especially when they are clean!

No Silicone = Good Wax

Has Silicone = Bad Wax

alwayscleaning
06-30-2003, 03:36 PM

Thanks man, it is one of my customer's.

No Silicone = Good Wax

I think in the body shop world it is very important to use silicone free products. For the everyday Joe a wax like meguiar's #26 is not going to hurt anything, and it is definitely NOT silicone free. I think it is important to remember that there are good silicones and bad silicones. I would hate to bore myself or anyone else here with the chemisry, but you can always go to www.autopia.com and read up on this for yourself. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.:)

Team
06-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I paint cars for a living and in my opinion all silicone is bad except the silicone in a girls boobies, let me ask you this... do you know what silicone coses?

Adam

alwayscleaning
06-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Team
I paint cars for a living and in my opinion all silicone is bad except the silicone in a girls boobies, let me ask you this... do you know what silicone coses?

Adam

Do you mean fish eyeing in the painting process. Or do you mean what it causes on vinyl surfaces over long periods of times? And what types of silicone are we talking about? So maybe I don't, fill me in.

Team
06-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Na bro you have it right, im just talking about fisheyeing. I see it every day and boy does that piss a painter off.

Adam

william
07-10-2003, 10:32 PM
zaino is the best wax I've ever used. it goes on easy, and with the ZFX flash cure accelerator, i can put on multiple coats, and not wait 5 hrs between coats. I washed my car with dishsoap about 2 monthes agoe, and then used zaino pre wax cleaner, then did 2 coats of wax. The finish was quite good. A week later I washed my car with "wax safe" car wash soap, then put on a third coat. The third coat made it like glass! It was soo smooth. Two more weeks later I washed and put on the forth coat. The finish is hard and extreemely smooth to the touch. I wont buy anything else. A+

Jester
07-13-2003, 09:54 PM
I can't wait to try this stuff
Mines on order and I should have it in the next couple of days. I can't even believe some of the daily driven cars that I've seen. Seem's like alot of work but well worth it in my opinion....
I've never seen paint look that good EVER!!!

BlackNRedSi
07-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Ah,

I just use Mothers wax...Then 1ce every 2 months i will do the Mothers 3 step wax...does the same...

Endless_EP
07-21-2003, 11:52 AM
I just ordered a kit from Zaino but still dont have time to put it on. My friends have been using them.. and got recommended by them.. Man. the real 100% towels are so expensive. For those people who have alreayd bought it, know what i am talking about.. anyhow.. i will let you guys know how do i feel about Zaino in comparsion to Meq**** (the product that i used for many years) ;)