PDA

View Full Version : Sportline Owners--Do you have an uneven drop?

anjapower
05-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I have almost made up my mind to buy the Eibach Sportlines, but am deterred a little bit because many say the drop is uneven. Is it really uneven? If it is uneven, is it really noticeable? I am thinking of buying Ground Controls just so I can avoid the un-even drop. What do you guys think?

EPHatchgirl
05-28-2003, 02:07 AM
I noticed with my springs (not Sportlines) that the drop is uneven only when no one is up front. I have a box in the back that ways stuff down in the trunk area. Do you have a box?

Bushido
05-28-2003, 07:39 AM
my sportlines look fine.. it doesn't have a uneven drop at all.. although i wish it would drop about 1/2 an inch more..

anjapower
05-28-2003, 08:05 AM
I don't have a box in the back...

todaCspec
05-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
I noticed with my springs (not Sportlines) that the drop is uneven only when no one is up front. I have a box in the back that ways stuff down in the trunk area. Do you have a box?

She's running on Tein S-tech springs and those give the rear a lower drop than the front even w/o the box in the back.

If you question the Eibach Sportlines, then go w/Neuspeed sport (1.5/1.5 all around) = even front and rear drop.

EPHatchgirl
05-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec

She's running on Tein S-tech springs and those give the rear a lower drop than the front even w/o the box in the back.

If you question the Eibach Sportlines, then go w/Neuspeed sport (1.5/1.5 all around) = even front and rear drop.

Toda- my bad for not pointing that out. I didn't trust the "stated" drop, cuz it seems like mine is quite lower than what is advertised... I guess they just settled... so I didn't trust the fact that they were uneven. :D :o

bcivicsi0069
05-28-2003, 06:08 PM
i have goldline springs an my back sets lower than the front and the only thing in my hatch is a strut tower bar.go to the members section on www.anonymousimports.com for pics of my car.

word...booty
05-29-2003, 10:46 PM
I have Sportlines and there is a noticable difference with the rear being much lower. I have a big box in the trunk but I'm probably gonna switch that with a smaller one. If that doesn't work I'm going Tein S-tech's.

todaCspec
05-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by word...booty
I have Sportlines and there is a noticable difference with the rear being much lower. I have a big box in the trunk but I'm probably gonna switch that with a smaller one. If that doesn't work I'm going Tein S-tech's.

That would not be a fair comparison because of the big heavy box. Can you take the big box out and leave back empty to see if
the sportlines have a noticable lower rear?

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 09:19 AM
i dont have sportlines now, but when i did the drop was perfectly even in relation to the way it is stock

word...booty
05-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah I plan to take the box out in the next couple of weeks to see how much of a difference it makes. I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally posted by todaCspec

That would not be a fair comparison because of the big heavy box. Can you take the big box out and leave back empty to see if
the sportlines have a noticable lower rear?

bensa
06-01-2003, 01:48 PM
My drop was even.. only had it on for a few days thus far...

My Mech tells me I don't need alignment because everything is "square" dunno if that's believable :P

chubbychu
06-01-2003, 11:59 PM
OH my! :eek: the very LAST LAST thing i want...is ghetto sag. I hate it when the back is lower than the front...just looks werid. Please tell me the sportlines dont do that

SeatownEP02
06-04-2003, 01:03 AM
had mine for a few months now...no problems here

TEKBRAIN
06-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
OH my! :eek: the very LAST LAST thing i want...is ghetto sag. I hate it when the back is lower than the front...just looks werid. Please tell me the sportlines dont do that
Sportline will be installedthis week and I hope that the back will be lower than the front for that special BMW look. I don't want a Dodge Neon look!:p

oogy-boogy
12-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Didn't notice any sag whatsoever.....THen again, I havent seen the darn thing in 2 weeks...:D