PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Is Wrong With Our Speakers???

02blksi
08-14-2002, 08:11 PM
why do my speakers sound like total SHIT??? the car is only 2 weeks old and i cant go above half of the bars without major distortion shit i have had to put my bass on negative 2 and treble +5 and fade it +1 to the back just to be able to listen to music with some sort of satisfaction.. Whats going on ??? is this a normal problem?? shit the 6 speaker system sounds like 6 piles of shit.. --joe

any suggestions? thanks

DrPimpSiR
08-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Take it back to the dealer. I had the same prob, all it took was some foam tape that the dealer's service dept installed.
If not get them to install new speak's!

02blksi
08-14-2002, 09:57 PM
roger that sounds like ill do that then, man i just cant believe they sound this bad.. GrrrRRrrr thanks for the input --joe

Glix
08-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
why do my speakers sound like total SHIT??? the car is only 2 weeks old and i cant go above half of the bars without major distortion shit i have had to put my bass on negative 2 and treble +5 and fade it +1 to the back just to be able to listen to music with some sort of satisfaction.. Whats going on ??? is this a normal problem?? shit the 6 speaker system sounds like 6 piles of shit.. --joe

any suggestions? thanks

stop f*cking whining about your si, you dont like it sell it get a frieken fukus and quite yer bitchin....

02blksi
08-15-2002, 08:18 AM
original, :rolleyes: whatsa matter the internet tough guy all bent outta shape? aWwWWW poor baby, lemme get your bottle ..--joe:D

SBC31
08-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Speakers rattling is common for most of us. Simply take the grill off then you will probably see that some of the screws holding the speaker are not tight. Plus adding some foam is a good idea too.

Not a major issue, easy to fix.

CleanBlackSi02
08-15-2002, 09:13 AM
I had a rear right speaker that went "bad". Whatever that means....just quoting the dealer. They installed a new speaker for me, no charge.

SBC31
08-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
I had a rear right speaker that went "bad". Whatever that means....just quoting the dealer. They installed a new speaker for me, no charge.
My dealer also thought the right rear speaker "went bad", untill I showed them that it wasn't screwed in all the way from factory, plus it needed some foam at the top of the speaker.

02blksi
08-15-2002, 08:37 PM
thanks for the tips i will be trying that tomorrow to see if it will fix the rattle ,,,-- joe

Mikael
08-15-2002, 09:17 PM
Our speakers suck, plain and simple. I went back a week after having mine to report the right rear rattled with any more than +2 bass and a third volume. The Honda tech told me: "They will. That's what Honda tells us, anyway. The speakers just aren't very good." You can fix the rattles with a little tinkering. The backs are easy to get at and secure. Be careful up front with the doors. The fronts are in rather securely (I know it's just a clip but the shape fits just right) so there's less likely a rattle from up there. I ripped mine apart last night to look around in prep for installing new ones and was astonished by the tiny size of the magnets on the speakers. Someone on here already pointed that out and they were totally right. I went and found some of my stock speakers from my 97 LX sedan which weighed about three times as much and sound bettere. I guess the lesson is to not be fooled by equating a "six-speaker system" to a "premium sound system." At least there are tweeter housings to be later filled with quality pieces.

The good news was that when I put everything back togetehr, the rattle stopped. There's still a lot of distortion with any volume.

-MIKAEL

66elwood99
09-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Same here, went to dealer and they replaced right rear speaker.

IceD out N CALI
09-02-2002, 10:00 PM
stock speakers suck balls:mad:

sibaroochi
09-13-2002, 12:38 AM
From what i read on a review on another website was that the speakers are adequate, it's just the reciever that doesn't pump out enuf power to make use of the speakers. can the reciever be changed? seems like the cd player is built in.

Siby

sonic imperial
09-13-2002, 07:00 AM
I've only replaced the head unit on my last two honda's and left the factory speakers. To my surprise the factories actually played fairly loud and clean. I'm not trying to add any weight to the car so that's usually good enough for me.

Neophyte
09-14-2002, 12:10 PM
I don't really mind the stock set up so much except when doin 50+ mph with the windows open...then you can barely hear it.

It's a stock system. You cannot expect much from it. I think the clarity is good, the base decent.....

What pisses me off is the difficulty in putting anyhting aftermarket in it w/o having to go custom just to put in a head unit.