PDA

View Full Version : Hondata, Aem cai, Dc Sports Headers, Hks Hi power cat back

joshua
05-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Well yesterday i went to Ericks racing in torrance right by hondata. I walked inside and there sits the fastest all motor honda in the world. It runs 10.07 on a gsr motor wow wow wow.
Well anyways i have them take my car to put hondata in and it takes them like 45 minutes to reprogram my ecu. Well erick says go take it for a spin i said alright i hop in and floor it wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. I took it all the way up to 8000 and shifted into second and you here rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then i watch my second gear speed hit like 61 mph and shift and i hear rrrrrrr i then i backed off the gas. Is all i can say is wow i will hit high 14s for sure and if you guys dont think hondata is hot shit or dont think its worth it i live in Huntington Beach Ca give me a call at 714-606-6501 and we can set up a test drive. Anyways i love hondata.:eek: :eek: :D

fishboy
05-28-2003, 12:17 PM
so they have fixed their flash for those of us with i/h/e right? if so what are cars dynoing at? and can they flash the ecu at ericks for any car or are you just hooked up over there? if i ever do the flash i don't want to send out my ecu i want to get it flashed at a shop. it is nice to know there is a shop in socal that can do it.

joshua
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
yeah you can go down to ericks racing and they will do it for you it is located off the 405 freeway get off at western and make a left and go all the way down until you hit del ammo and make a right and its like the third driveway on the right:D

Quicksilver
05-28-2003, 12:59 PM
So do you get a discount for them not having to pay for overnight shipping? Or is it still the full $595?

joshua
05-28-2003, 01:23 PM
well its actually a little cheaper it cost $585 but no matter what it cost its worth it:D :p

!@#$%
05-29-2003, 08:44 PM
cool, weren't you running a 9.8 in the 1/8? get some time slips. Im very eager to see what your car can do. :D

Makross
05-29-2003, 08:55 PM
man i wish i was in so cal right now:(

speedology
05-30-2003, 01:39 AM
sweet i want to get hondata soon and im going to ericks racing also... but yeah im going to call u for a test drive if its kewl... i met u at the meet in may im the guy with the black ep with 16's CF hood and like same bolt ons as u... im going to call u sometime...i really want to feel hondata

joshua
05-30-2003, 08:42 AM
yeah thats cool give me a call when ever you want. my number is 714-606-6501:p

taffeta02Si
05-30-2003, 09:37 AM
just some techy questions. How do they reflash your ecu? I have access to a 2003 Honda ECU tablet (which is a 5000$ computer for new hondas that reads and reprograms ecu's) is it possible to use this to reflash the ecu? did you watch them reflash the ecu? did they remove it to do so? of just plug into the din plug under the drive side dash? i will stop now since i could go on all day? actually one more question. did hondata fix the problem they were having with the intake header and exhaust actually losing power with the Hondata reflash?

joshua
05-30-2003, 10:52 AM
yes they did fix it at least thats what they told me and i actually did not watch them do it but i think they plug there computer into our system and mess around with it until they hit the right limiter and program it to stay there.:p

StrangeShadow
05-30-2003, 02:18 PM
just some techy questions. How do they reflash your ecu? I have access to a 2003 Honda ECU tablet (which is a 5000$ computer for new hondas that reads and reprograms ecu's) is it possible to use this to reflash the ecu? did you watch them reflash the ecu? did they remove it to do so? of just plug into the din plug under the drive side dash? i will stop now since i could go on all day? actually one more question. did hondata fix the problem they were having with the intake header and exhaust actually losing power with the Hondata reflash?
wow, if you find out you can flash it yourself, how about a 1/2 price discount for ephatch members :p

ep3guy
05-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by joshua
Well yesterday i went to Ericks racing in torrance right by hondata. I walked inside and there sits the fastest all motor honda in the world. It runs 10.07 on a gsr motor wow wow wow.
Well anyways i have them take my car to put hondata in and it takes them like 45 minutes to reprogram my ecu. Well erick says go take it for a spin i said alright i hop in and floor it wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. I took it all the way up to 8000 and shifted into second and you here rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then i watch my second gear speed hit like 61 mph and shift and i hear rrrrrrr i then i backed off the gas. Is all i can say is wow i will hit high 14s for sure and if you guys dont think hondata is hot shit or dont think its worth it i live in Huntington Beach Ca give me a call at 714-606-6501 and we can set up a test drive. Anyways i love hondata.:eek: :eek: :D

Glad you like it. I love it on my car too.

California Speedway is open tomorrow. ;) If you go, Just make sure you get there early.