PDA

View Full Version : Pic request - painted calipers

CgSi
08-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Anybody have pics? Car is black and thinking of going with red. Any pics appreciated.
Thanks !

DrPimpSiR
08-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Here is the link to my car's pics.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=766&highlight=calipers

CgSi
08-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Damn, got red X's.
Anyone else ? :D

CleanBlackSi02
08-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Does anyone else find modifications like painting calipers a bit silly, when being done before more important/noticeable things? i.e.....suspension....etc, etc.

SBC31
08-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DrPimpSiR
Here is the link to my car's pics.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=766&highlight=calipers
Dude, I see you also painted the valve stems red???

I would paint my calipers, but since my 17" Motegi MR7's show so much of the brakes/calipers, I will not paint them. Oh, not too mention that the wife has me in the doghouse and I'm prohibited from putting money into my car....:D

SBC31
08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Here's a picture from a car show. I don't think these are the stock calipers painted, they are probably ones that can be purchased for the Civic coupe.

http://members.rogers.com/stephma/bkn.jpg

CleanBlackSi02
08-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
Here's a picture from a car show. I don't think these are the stock calipers painted, they are probably ones that can be purchased for the Civic coupe.

http://members.rogers.com/stephma/bkn.jpg

Now that on the other hand....... Colored calipers are a much better thing when they're attatched to awesome brakes. My $.02

DrPimpSiR
08-15-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Does anyone else find modifications like painting calipers a bit silly, when being done before more important/noticeable things? i.e.....suspension....etc, etc.
First of all, I don't come on to this forum to slam anybody, or talk about crap like vids or secret buttons etc. I'm here to gain/share knowledge about our car or cars in general.
Second, what do you consider more important/noticeable? Tinting out my car?
Getting 18" dubs so's I can hang with all them ballers and drink Henny and Cris?
I don't consider painting calipers a modification, its just an apperance item like a shifter knob, or an ephatch.com sticker.
I know from past experience that nothing looks crappier than nice wheels with rusty calipers and disks.
Just my two cents!
BTW I didn't paint my valve stem caps, they're just an add-on, because I liked them.

CleanBlackSi02
08-15-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DrPimpSiR

First of all, I don't come on to this forum to slam anybody, or talk about crap like vids or secret buttons etc. I'm here to gain/share knowledge about our car or cars in general.
Second, what do you consider more important/noticeable? Tinting out my car?
Getting 18" dubs so's I can hang with all them ballers and drink Henny and Cris?
I don't consider painting calipers a modification, its just an apperance item like a shifter knob, or an ephatch.com sticker.
I know from past experience that nothing looks crappier than nice wheels with rusty calipers and disks.
Just my two cents!
BTW I didn't paint my valve stem caps, they're just an add-on, because I liked them.

Enjoy the painted calipers! I might think twice before putting it in my sig though. Would you put the ephatch sticker under your mods list? :rolleyes:

DrPimpSiR
08-15-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey man,
I said that the sticker was an apperance item. It doesn't really matter anyway like I said this forum shouldn't be one where we all disrespect other's rides for some smug reason like clubSi. We are all here because we share a common like for one model!!
I only put on my sig what I want to put on. It's just like passing a member on the road and noticing what they've done to their car to personalize it. Give it a rest.

CgSi
08-16-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

I had the time, and it is a cheap way to make the car look better. For the whole "money to looks" ratio, it is one of the better deals :D

CleanBlackSi02
08-16-2002, 08:32 AM
Fair enough. I guess painted calipers are just a pet peeve of mine. Didn't mean to be rude or offend anyone.

ssvr6
08-19-2002, 08:11 AM
While I agree that painting the stock caliper serves no purpose other than to bring people's attention to our horribly undersized brakes, it does look decent in some cases.

That being said, I'll be painting mine silver or black. This way they're clean and don't draw attention. (2 birds with 1 stone you might say.)

Steve