PDA

View Full Version : Comptech here in Canada!

IchBinEinSiR
05-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, for all those who have waited, and wanted:

The Icebox is available. Here in Canada it is $395.00. That price is complete, with all parts needed to install in the EP. My dealer has them ordered and they should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'll be in to take a look at them in person when they come in. He has one saved for me, and I can make up my mind until then.

Finally... I hope they are as good as they look (and hype).

BlackJDMep
05-28-2003, 05:58 PM
I'd still get INJEN again!! :cool:

Joker
05-28-2003, 07:17 PM
I put the Ice Box on my EK, and had GREAT results!
I look forward to your review after the install!

IchBinEinSiR
05-28-2003, 08:20 PM
I recently got pulled over by MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario), looking for illegal modifications. I asked them about the aftermarket intakes, and they informed me that ANY filter element that is exposed in the engine compartment is illegal and subject to a fine and confiscation of the non-conforming part(s).

Which brings me to one of the main reasons I like the idea of the Icebox with it's stock-like looks and that it conforms with our provincial laws. Hopefully it makes good power and a nice sound, not too loud, just throaty...

SiR Medic
05-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Sorry, my injen SRI should be arriving any day now... For quite a bit less I might add!

I still wanna see some dynos though!

IchBinEinSiR: That sounds like bullshit! Although that law was proposed in Ontario, I don't think it ever passed! I might just ask my brother... He's an RCMP in Windsor...

f1fever
05-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Sorry, my injen SRI should be arriving any day now... For quite a bit less I might add!

I still wanna see some dynos though!

IchBinEinSiR: That sounds like bullshit! Although that law was proposed in Ontario, I don't think it ever passed! I might just ask my brother... He's an RCMP in Windsor...

Is useless Medic. The last car I own was a 2000 Prelude, with Greddy cat back, CAI, drop and all other mod.

As far as I know only Nitro and too much drop on the height is illegal (even radar is suppose to be legal in Ontario).

But I got pull over once in a while because.... Sometime is the exhaust (they claim is too loud or they look too freaking big), sometime they said the v-tec controller is illegal, sometimes they said CAI is illegal. And worst, once a cop told me that anything from a 3rd party is illegal, I was so pissed that I have to ask him "why don't you just sit in front of Speedy and give tickets to whoever just got a new muffler install?" - Of course I didn't really can get away by saying that... As far as I concern they are all legal!

No black and white document says what is legal, all it saids on the ticket are something like "imporper muffler" "imporper head lights" "Unnessary noise" so on and so on.

I meant, they will just give you a ticket anyways (Since then, I never bother to explain or ask anything... It will just piss them off and give yourself a hardtime.)

By all means, if you can take a day off from work for the court and explain to the judge nicely, I am sure I can pretty much can get away with it... But it just too much trouble at most of the time.

If we can ever able to get any "street legal" standard, you can bet I will start to mod my SiR... Make me wanna cry:'(

But you know what!? I still think I will get myself a CAI, at least the cops can't tell I have one unless I got pull over.

Maybe is different in Halifax, but is a hard knock life in Toronto.

ZigZag
05-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
I recently got pulled over by MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario), looking for illegal modifications. I asked them about the aftermarket intakes, and they informed me that ANY filter element that is exposed in the engine compartment is illegal and subject to a fine and confiscation of the non-conforming part(s).

Which brings me to one of the main reasons I like the idea of the Icebox with it's stock-like looks and that it conforms with our provincial laws. Hopefully it makes good power and a nice sound, not too loud, just throaty...

man, you guys can smoke as much weed as you want... but no intakes, what gives?:rolleyes:

ATRIOT
05-28-2003, 11:08 PM
IchBinEinSiR, are you getting your intake from Acura Woodbine? If so are they all spoken for?
Re: illegal modifications , yeah cops can be pricks about the stupidest shit, i think they use the "bullshit baffeles brains" tactic a bit too much, thats why its handy to carry a copy of the Highway Traffic Act in your glove box, and call them on any shit they try to talk. What you really need to watch out for is not tickets for modifications, but cops who notify your insurance company about your modifications, you'll see your premiums skyrocket.... and if you live near or in T.O i bet your rates are pretty high already.

On a side note: did you know that its against the law not to have mudguards on your car. fucking bullshit eh?

ApexinSi
05-29-2003, 12:19 AM
please tell me that the $395 is in canada money :o

JSIR
05-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Comptech in California told me that I am 8th on the list for shipments of SiR Iceboxes. Should be shipping in 7 days. Your dealer better not get the iceboxes before me or I will be really pissed with Comptech having pre-ordered mine a while back.

let me know if you see them within the next 2 weeks, mine should be here in about 14 days.

joey

spoon3168
05-31-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
Well, for all those who have waited, and wanted:

The Icebox is available. Here in Canada it is $395.00. That price is complete, with all parts needed to install in the EP. My dealer has them ordered and they should be here in 2-3 weeks. I'll be in to take a look at them in person when they come in. He has one saved for me, and I can make up my mind until then.

Finally... I hope they are as good as they look (and hype).
where did u get this price quote from??that price include tax yet??

myeverlovinsir
05-31-2003, 10:56 PM
excuse me while I kiss my AEM CAI. She still kicks ass, ICE baby!

IchBinEinSiR
06-01-2003, 07:31 PM
That's a dealer near Ottawa, but I have heard that it is available soon at Woodbine Acura... tax not included!