PDA

View Full Version : *why all the accessory ports in the dash, whats missing ?

ep pilot
05-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Just like the topic implies...

Anyone know what all the accessory ports are reserved for on our Si's? I know they sell our Ep's in other markets all over the world & was just wondering because there are I think three spaces open where you might have a fog-lamp switch or something? then the one that bugs me is on the center console right next to the shifter.

I never get a base model because I hate to see un-used accessory slots on the dash, makes the car look cheap IMO? I also thought the Si was an exclussive car (no options) what else does a Type R or the Euro Civic hatch have there that ours doesn't?

-Ryan

SiR Medic
05-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Well, I think we got a total of 3 blanks.

1 circle to the right of the shifter... Which is for the Euro cigarette lighter.

1 rectangular to the left of the steering column and left of the power mirror controls... That's for the OEM foglight switch.

The other rectangular 1 to the right of the steering column... ??? I dont know... It would be a good place for a Nitrous arming switch though!:cool:

DyNastySi
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Wow...ummm...good question. I dunno. Actually everyone that has been in my car likes the little spaces I have. But then again, those are juss my friends. If it makes u that angry juss dont look at it.:) Juss trying to help thats all.

BlasTech
05-29-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
The other rectangular 1 to the right of the steering column... ??? I dont know... It would be a good place for a Nitrous arming switch though!:cool:

If thats the one with the litte vent-like look, its supposedly where the sensor (aka thermometer) is located for cars equipped with with climate-control, like on the RSX. Its not offered in the US Si.

I think the blank Cigarrette slot on the right is best suited to become either a garage door opener or an audio-in port (if anyone ever hacks the cd-in harness and figures it out)

BlackFL2k2Si
05-29-2003, 08:07 PM
I thought that supposed "vent" thingie was a coin holder...till the quarter I put in disappeared. Alas, I found it yesterday when I put in my new headunit:D

EPTree
05-29-2003, 08:12 PM
The type R's have auto climate control? ...i want it

TravisEP3
05-29-2003, 08:12 PM
LOL a coin holder. You made me laugh there. :)

cj miller
05-30-2003, 12:33 AM
im gunna fill up all 3 slots with NOS NOS NOS!!!!!1 ohhhh yess. maybe on will be a rice dispencer.:D

myeverlovinsir
05-30-2003, 12:44 AM
well a cigi liter is the european way, we have a few areas in the
consol that we can access. They represent other things in other
markets. This has been covered here before. I remember an S2000
starter button being a cool option...it's on here.

gluk!;)

StrangeShadow
05-30-2003, 12:12 PM
I thought that supposed "vent" thingie was a coin holder...till the quarter I put in disappeared. Alas, I found it yesterday when I put in my new headunit
lolol someone else said rice dispenser lol!!

cj miller
05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
i mean how cool would it be. your chillen on the road and your hungry. WELL POP IN SOME RICE NIBBLES AND YOUR SET.