PDA

View Full Version : Dealers = Lying Bastards

Jester
05-28-2003, 10:19 PM
OK this is my first rant about Honda or My EP

I bought my car 2 months ago, and like so many others the SIR emblem on the back had been taken off really gently by some asshole with a screwdriver while it was on the lot. I am just the kind of guy to go check everything out the day before I bring it home so I happend to catch it. They assured me that it would be taken care of and they would put a new emblem back on fix the damage etc..well I get my car the next day and there is this really gay aftermarket SIR emblem way off from where the new "Honda" emblem should have been...man it looked so bad..well I had them order me a new emblem which has been sitting in my glove box for like a month and a half. I have to go there to get an alignment tomorrow so I decided to take the eyesore off this evening, low and behold a giant fucking cratch underneath the R,..(and they told me they buffed it out..those lying fuckers..I want to go there right now I'm so pissed (too bad it's 1 in the morning) Well I'm heading there first thing in the morning to file my complaint, I think they should not only fix it right, but give me my alignment for free just for the big fucking pain in the ass (I will not leave my car overnight at the dealer..I absolutely refuse)...Oh and they also tried to tell me that because my car was lowered on 17" rims that my alignment was going to cost an extra $20-$30..until I demanded an explanation why and told them I had Eibach springs proffessionally installed with Front and Rear Camber kits (camber is good but toe is out a bit), and then the story changed to "there may be an extra charge, because of some of the botched modifications people bring in"..man I'm really regretting buying a car from them at the moment...oh well we'll se what happens tomorrow..

mattyb
05-29-2003, 07:46 AM
A. Sometimes dealers car dealers (even Honda dealers..) just suck! It's in the bible I am sure of it!
B. If you bought your car there and you are afraid of vandalism they SHOULD keep it inside for you overnight. I have made the same request.
C. Bitch and Bitch until they fix your car proper. All car dealers know you can get the same thing at plenty of other places. Let them know word of mouth is the strongest advertising.
D. Don't be afraid to ask for the GM of the joint.
E. Call Honda and tell them about your experience.
F. See letter A because sometimes that is the only thing you can count on from a car dealership. Good luck.

02TafWhtSi
05-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Wow, after reading tons of these "Bad Dealer" stories I feel pretty lucky tohave a pretty decent one (Academy Honda - Old Bridge, NJ). I've had a lot of work done there and not one problem with either the work or the service. They are very clear about aftermarket parts - if it caused the problem you want fixed then you pay. If it didn't, Honda pays :) See, they're not ALL bad!

NemesisITR
05-29-2003, 08:02 PM
My dealer has been cool to me......they blew up my 02 and gave me an 03:D

first 3 oil changes are free and they have given me great compliments on my mods.

sorry for your trouble!!!! Good luck.

LordKoo
05-29-2003, 08:54 PM
It all depends on dealerships and who you talk to. I dislike the manager who is in charge of the service and parts but i love the chief technician. He is darn cool especially he fix stuffs none of his staffs can. I only talk to him, nobody else, and he is the one who decides whether those warranty stuffs are claimable.

Just know who to talk to...

blackyEP3
05-29-2003, 09:06 PM
I hope things get straighten out!!!! The dealer I got my car from "closed the deal" sorta speak by giving me free carpets, little did I find out that nite that that shit comes WITH the car! I went back, told them I want winter matts and ended up getting some ghetto ass ones. My gas wasn't filled to the brim and there is paint defect on my car!! :(

Good luck with your car! I got to go in 1 day and get them to look at it and maybe have my door repainted!

Jester
05-30-2003, 12:22 AM
OK To follow up

I went tonight to get my alighnment done and to have someone explain why they just covered up the big scratch instead of fixing it in the first place.

The guy that I bought the car from is a really cool guy he is taking care of it.
although they charged me $200 for my alignment. The guy doing it sure took his sweet ass time...then the guy told me that hes charged up to $400 for alignments on radically lowered cars..well I paid but rest assured I will make sure they fix that scratch as good as new...

Oh and there was a Euro Yellow one there for service had real spoon SW388's
a big as spoon decal across the windsheild, real spoon exhaust, carbon fibre hood etc... one of the service guys said that he has all spoon suspension and has sunk about $15K into it already...man!

EPHatchgirl
05-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Damn, I hate to say it, but if all that shiznet hadn't happened, you wouldn't have gotten to see the living Spoon moblie... that car sounds sick... glad your dealer is stepping up!!:)

02SiHB
05-30-2003, 08:25 AM
I'll never buy from Honda again because of the fact of their poor customer service.

The dealer told me I wouldn't qualify for financing even before he knew my name. Just cuase a 20 year old comes in with tattoos and piercings, that doesn't mean we don't have any money. He felt like pure ass when I pulled out the pay stubs and proof that I run 2 small businesses..Heh, even tried to sell me an s2k after that.

Funny, I went to Chevrolet before that to look at the Monte Carlo SS... they were asking 24k for it and told me I was approved when I drove into the lot. :D And offered me dinner while I waited for them to run my credit. Now THAT's customer service! I expected the opposite from GM, instead I got that treatment from Honda!

From running a business I can tell you... When 1 customer has a bad experience, an average of 24 people hear about it.. And when they have a good experience, only 8 manage to hear about it. :( I guess that's just the way it goes.

Jester
05-30-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm taking my camera up to take some shots of the Spoon Ep later tonight
hope it's still there!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by blackyEP3
I hope things get straighten out!!!! The dealer I got my car from "closed the deal" sorta speak by giving me free carpets, little did I find out that nite that that shit comes WITH the car! I went back, told them I want winter matts and ended up getting some ghetto ass ones. My gas wasn't filled to the brim and there is paint defect on my car!! :(

Good luck with your car! I got to go in 1 day and get them to look at it and maybe have my door repainted!

floor mats dont come with the car.
at least not in the U.S.

Jester
05-30-2003, 09:26 AM
I got floor mats with mine (free), engine cover (free), and locking nuts (free) , as well as a bottle of champaign and a box of chocolates :)

(needless to say I was impressed and suprised)

blackyEP3
05-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Jester
I got floor mats with mine (free), engine cover (free), and locking nuts (free) , as well as a bottle of champaign and a box of chocolates :)

(needless to say I was impressed and suprised)

WTF?? Which Honda was this?? Good job!