PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Lighter

swapp99
05-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey guys,
I want to install a cigarette lighter in the place of the empty plug. I need to know what part or part mumber I need to get. PLEASE ADVISE. That Ho is driving me nuts.....

Thanks.

ronierogers
05-26-2011, 01:04 AM
The hell!? does it need to have a serial number? or this information is incorrect? almost all of them are the same size even in different models i think. well anyway i hope no one gets mad i am just searching for cigarette lighter (http://www.thepartsbin.com/autoparts/cigarette_lighter.html) sellers in here because i lost mine.lol anyway that is just a cheap part i will just look on ebay. i am too lazy to go out. anyway cheers!

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Just go to any online Honda parts site and snag the optional lighter from a 06'+ Si,

Dont waste your cash on a el-cheapo chinese made AutoZone/Wallmart type lighter.....

Jukka
05-26-2011, 06:47 AM
any idea of how to seperate the cigarrette lighter from the OEM plastic peice?

pttcolt
05-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I think you have to pry it out, but be careful not to damage anything... it's been a while since i've tried it. It won't fit in that hole by the shifter tho, if that's where you're trying to relocate it.

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 07:11 AM
I think you have to pry it out, but be careful not to damage anything... it's been a while since i've tried it. It won't fit in that hole by the shifter tho, if that's where you're trying to relocate it.

Mine fit with very slight use of a piece of sandpaper on the dash hole. Fits like Honda intended it to be there!

any idea of how to seperate the cigarrette lighter from the OEM plastic peice?

Not sure what you are asking, what OEM plastic piece?

Jukka
05-26-2011, 07:48 AM
the 12v socket located below the shifter. Its in the OEM plasic trim peice. Any idea on how to get just the socket section removed from the trim peice?

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 08:22 AM
It is retained the same way as the cigerette lighter, there are tabs on the housing that lock the power receptacle against the back side of the trim panel.

stephenmcc
05-26-2011, 04:26 PM
the lighters will fit in the hole above the shifter (oppisite the hazard lights switch)

all UKDM models have a cig lighter there, and EDM models too

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 04:38 PM
But the keying is different, ie the little plastic nubs that match notches in the hole that keep the lighter housing from rotating.

Jmage
07-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I just got my Honda cigarette lighter Part# 08U96-S9A-101 that comes with the plastic bracket and metal one for heating. It seems like a easy fit into the unused silver plug right to our shifter(Using some a lil bit of sandpaper like talonX said) so I might mount it there instead of replacing the OEM 12v power source below our shifter. But I'm really not sure how to hook it up to a power source on our car. I thought about soldering 2 wires from the OEM 12v source and then solder them on my new cigarette lighter. Is this safe to do so or I might run into some trouble? What is the best way to wire it next to the shifter?

Sorry I'm complete noob in electricity... Thank you

Jmage
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
So after some research I came to the conclusion that using a T-Tap on both wire from the OEM 12v source to my new mounted cig lighter should be perfect. Also the OEM power source does have a fuse so no need to install a new one for the cig lighter.

What I'm more concerned about is can I plug my cellphone for charging in the OEM plug and use the cig lighter at the same time or will I blow the fuse?

Can someone help me on this one pls? I'll make a nice DIY with pictures and Part# so everyone can have a nice cig lighter into their EP3! Will do this install this Sunday.

EDIT: I'm looking for the easiest and safest way to do it. I don't want to run a cable from my battery to my dash.

Tnhatch03
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
YOU SMOKE IN YOUR EP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

blas-fe-mer!!

Jmage
07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
YOU SMOKE IN YOUR EP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

blas-fe-mer!!

lolol I'm even driving it in the worst winter condition with salt and dirty snow while smoking!

EDIT: but it's freaking convenient to have an unlimited source of "fire" in your car. Not having to have a lighter near or fetch in your pocket while driving a stick... Loved it in my last car.

talonXracer
07-15-2011, 04:32 AM
You shouldnt have any issue, I had the radar detector and cig lighter tapped into the lower power recpt harness.

The SMOKING lamp is lit, smoke'm if you got'm!

Jmage
07-17-2011, 10:17 AM
You shouldnt have any issue, I had the radar detector and cig lighter tapped into the lower power recpt harness.

The SMOKING lamp is lit, smoke'm if you got'm!

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm going to RadioShack soon to get some T-Tap and I'll do the install today and will post a DIY.

Thanks talonX!