PDA

View Full Version : Might be attempting a different look with my Ep?

ep pilot
05-29-2003, 11:50 PM
Thinking about trying something entirely different, what do you guy think? I am big into autocross of late, and have noticed Panasport wheels as some of the most popular for there size, weight and classic looks. Most guys are running these on older Alfas , Miatas, 2002 Bimmers and opened wheel cars. I had an idea of possibly lowering my car 1.5" and adding a set of 16" Pana's wrapped around 205 / 50 / 16 Bridgestone Potenza RE750's. I think the look would contrast old world racing heritage with modern styling and give the car an Autocross look as oppose to the popular JDM theme, you know turn a few more heads.

Love it or hate it?

http://www.panasport.com/FS16.gif

iR-VTEC2
05-29-2003, 11:54 PM
nmmmmm i dunno...our cars are too.........how do i say.......spaceship looking for those kinds of wheels BUT...there's only one way to find out and if thats what you want i say fricken go for it and dont let anyone flame you. Who gives a buddha-damn what anyone thinks!

ep pilot
05-29-2003, 11:54 PM
I did see a guy that had these on a Mazda Protege 5 out at the track, and thats where I got the idea, it looked sweet, they were not his daily driver wheels & tires, he had slicked Kumho's on em.

Also they are really popular with drifters & the guys that Auto-X AE86's which contrast on that car IMO becuse it was a fairly modern looking car even in the eighties.

-Ryan

EPHatchgirl
05-30-2003, 12:10 AM
I had a hard time picking out wheels because I didn't want to get what EVERY other person was getting... so I say, go for it!!

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 12:14 AM
give it a shot. worst comes to worse u could always sell them and put the ep wheels back on;)

ep pilot
05-30-2003, 12:23 AM
I wanted these when I had my Jetta, but don't know if I could rock'em on the Ep? it's shape is almost too wedgy.

http://www.maswheels.com/images/Roger300.jpg

myeverlovinsir
05-30-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
give it a shot. worst comes to worse u could always sell them and put the ep wheels back on;)

agreeed! Never hurts to try something different. I love the ep and have very distinct ways, bronze 16's and ultra lite, but hey
your boat, go float it!:D

iR-VTEC2
05-30-2003, 12:32 AM
ep pilot, if they had those big ass monolithic wheels in machined aluminum...id say they'd look crip.

Sooky
05-30-2003, 02:55 AM
those almost look like the watanabe rims (seems to be really popular at the auto-x's over here)

i wouldn't mind a set of watanabe's tho

stephen
05-30-2003, 05:44 AM
go for it. or just do a photochop first to see how they look.

icegrill
05-30-2003, 12:38 PM
What the balls!?? I had those rims on my 87' Saab 900 turbo, in a 15" They were made by ronal back then. I'd say only on an older euro are they ok.

BarracksSi
05-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Quick photochop --

I like these rims -- I had forgotten about the name, but I've always liked them. This photochop isn't the greatest, so it only gives an idea of how they'll look. The depth of the spokes looks so different in person, and I'm not good enough to duplicate that effect here, especially for the rear wheel.

SmoothOperator
05-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Props for trying to do something fresh, but our EPs lines aren't round enough to pull of those wheels man.

SubliminalSi
05-30-2003, 05:36 PM
i say try it..we've seen bling, black, and butt ugly, but not that yet

fishboy
05-30-2003, 05:54 PM
i think it will look good. i am the type to try different things, like bronze on a silver car. i can respect stuff like that. (this coming from a guy with slipstreams):rolleyes: i say go for it though, seriously.

EP33
05-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Cool. . . .Little Tikes Car :D

ep pilot
05-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by EP33
Cool. . . .Little Tikes Car :D

Thanks LoL! I always thought I would own a grown up version of the Cozy Coupe lil' Tikes car:D

-Ryan

ep3guy
05-31-2003, 12:51 AM
I was looking for those wheels. Then I almost got the SSR RS8's (looks like the Panasports but black with a polished lip or the Watanabes). I later found out that the rims I were about to get were 4x114.3. :(

fishboy
05-31-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy
I was looking for those wheels. Then I almost got the SSR RS8's (looks like the Panasports but black with a polished lip or the Watanabes). I later found out that the rims I were about to get were 4x114.3. :(

you seem to have the worst luck with rims. first the fake regamasters, now this.:D bet you wish you still had your slips, huh?

ep3guy
05-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

you seem to have the worst luck with rims. first the fake regamasters, now this.:D bet you wish you still had your slips, huh?

Pretty much. But I'm glad I got rid of the slips. Everyone has them now. Now everyone is moving onto the C8's and the group-n's. I have rims now, but I can't find a good deal on tires, so I'm selling my SSR copies. I got the rims, and then TightEP3 got the rims 3 days later. He got his tires mounted in a couple of days and posted pics about a week later. That's how long I've had the wheels for. Wish I had more money...