PDA

View Full Version : So I just finished Haggling on an O2'

Puffs
05-30-2003, 03:18 PM
After a week of negotiations, here is my deal. Should I take it??

OK......
I spoke with my Manager.....
This is the bottom line deal.....
We are losing money for you....
You need to buy the car between today and tomorrow....
You need to pick it up no later than Monday....
He will give it to you for $15,195.
That's as low as we can go.

Black, 02, 10 miles on the OD.

1.9% financing...

You think this is a good deal?

Jodster
05-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Very good deal!! Call them back, tell them to clean it up, and go get it tonight!!

dchu
05-30-2003, 03:47 PM
It's an good deal, but I think you can go lower considering it's an 02 model. Telling you that you have to buy between so and so time is a caution flag. The way you worded it, sounds like he's the one dictating all the terms. He has to take loss on it, it's an 02 and he's losing money already by letting it sit on the lot for that long. If you do decide to get it, don't let them wash it! Ten bucks says that they use a mop or dirty rag from previous washings. They'll just put more swirls on the black paint if they haven't already.

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 03:53 PM
we're halfway through 03, i still think u can get it lower

Puffs
05-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Well, i "just" found out that my uncle knows Herb, from Herb Chambers...

They are a one billion dollar company and probably the largest dealership in MA. And they sell a ton of Honda's.

I already have an offer for 16500 for an 03 from a dealer. My uncle can probably get me a better deal I guess through his connection.

I think for $1400 extra it is worth it for the 03. Much less depreciation. Laser cut key, and green tint on windows...

I think the time frame is to lock in the 1.9% APR. The deal ends on June 2nd(unless Honda extends it)

I offered 14.8k + floor mats and they didn't bite.

Then I offered 14.9k. (I didn't want to go above that though) The post above was their counter offer.

I don't think I am going to do it for an O2'. The first model year is something I like to call "beta testing for the masses" and the 03 will probably have covered any initial bugs as well. I guess the extra $1400 is worth it in resale as well down the road.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.