PDA

View Full Version : What is good to clean tinted windows (tint film)

SBC31
05-30-2003, 06:28 PM
What is good to use to clean the inside of tinted windows. This is the tint film stuff. I know not to use stuff with amonia, but what do I even use for a cloth, let alone as a cleaner???

Thanks in advance.

alwayscleaning
05-31-2003, 04:31 AM
Stoner's invisible glass, armorall glass cleaner, eagle one 20/20 any of those will be fine for your tint.

As far as the cloth goes, I would recommend a high quality microfiber towel. That would be very gentle on your tint and is also lint free. If you just want to use something you have @the house you could use newspaper.

BSEVEER
06-03-2003, 11:17 AM
I think newspaper on tint is a bad idea, could scratch it. In the past I have used a new clean towel and a spray bottle with alcohol and water. T avoid scratching dont apply too much pressure when wiping.

DRASTICIMPORTsi
06-22-2003, 08:41 PM
hey, dont ever use newspaper...period!!! u could use a soft towel, but i wouldn't even use that. The best thing to use is what installers use to put it on...a squeege. go to walmart or homedepot and get the smallest squeege u can find. And as far as a cleaning solution any mild cleaner like dawn or palmolive. just give it a light mist and squeege it dry.

oogy-boogy
06-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Clearview! Best automotive tint cleaner period...........I've actually seen it recommendeda few times by various tint manufacturers in a few write ups.

AkronSi
06-23-2003, 09:33 AM
You could also try Plexus. It works great on plastics.

chubbychu
06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
why not windex and an old undershirt?

SBC31
06-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
why not windex and an old undershirt?
Windex has amonia in it, therefore can make the tint come off. An old shirt can scratch the film.

Karim
06-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by alwayscleaning
Stoner's invisible glass

I just picked this stuff up this past weekend after hearing lots of great reviews and it is one of the best automotive glass cleaners I have ever used.

Karim

SinisterCivicSi
07-01-2003, 11:41 AM
i got an even easier and cheaper way, been doing it for years with awsome results, no lines, scratches, haze or anything....

a damp chamoise and elbow grease then if you do have any streaks or swirls ( too much water in the chamoise) then just take a very soft paper towel and dry - VIOLA!

lol ;) :D