PDA

View Full Version : EP Ad's

TrippZ
05-30-2003, 06:57 PM
=-O look what i found on autotrader

minimay7
05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
you know....?

That just reminds me... Is there any TV ad for our beloved EP?

I can't seem to recall seeing one...

SiRman
05-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Seen the Civic Nation Ad we have here in Canada??
Haven't watched it close enough to see if there is any EP's though, I always catch the last half.

IceD out N CALI
05-30-2003, 07:10 PM
i dont see too many car ads for the ep. always interesting to come across one

SmoothOperator
05-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Seen the Civic Nation Ad we have here in Canada??
This ad is old, and was on american airwaves at least 6 months ago. It found its way to all the forums shortly after.
Took them a while to bring it here! Cool commercial though, and yes there's an EP in it. The purple APC EP.

Yeah there was one in particular I remember with the EP driving through a parking garage, and setting off all the alarms as it rolled through. There was also another commercial but I can't remember it now....

XLR8B4U
05-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I like this one!

ep pilot
05-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I recall about one year ago, or better just after the release of our cars, there was a commercial that aired a few times here in the states. I can

TrippZ
05-30-2003, 08:10 PM
i have the civic nation commercial on the comp - someone posted it on here earlier,like a few months back

Jester
05-30-2003, 10:17 PM
I went to see Little Nemo tonight with my 2 year old son (needless to say it was a mistake to take a child that young and we had to leave half way through) there was alot of honda commercials including one promoting the Toronto Pacer Civic Si, I thought it was pretty cool! Also the civic nation commercial!

SHAKEnBAKE
05-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by XLR8B4U
I like this one!

The tea house around here actually use that cup sleeve.

They also had a radio spot, where a girl is complaining to her boyfriend that he can talk so much about his new civic si but can't say a word about their relationship.

EPHatchgirl
05-31-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

Yeah there was one in particular I remember with the EP driving through a parking garage, and setting off all the alarms as it rolled through. There was also another commercial but I can't remember it now....

OH MY GOSH!! I had forgotten about that one... I loved it. I am such a nerd. That was about the time that I was going nuts wanting one!:D

Brettnyt
05-31-2003, 12:49 AM
There was also another one, our TV was screwed up, cable was out so it was all fuzzy, but it was a silve Si cruisin the hillsides... anyone else seen it?

padelong si
05-31-2003, 05:21 AM
i dont think honda tried to push the si much,because everyone that sees my car ask "what kind of car is that".
Maybe they were just testing the water for the Type R?:p :eek: :D

AlBlueCar
05-31-2003, 08:03 AM
There was another one where they did the usual car commercial shots of the car driving. Then the text: "The Civic Si as a muscle car" came up and the EP stopped and a real skinny guy jumps out of the car and "flexes" his "muscles" and then jumps back in the car and drives off. Funny, but I think Honda was making fun of itself.:rolleyes:

Type X
05-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by minimay7
you know....?

I can't seem to recall seeing one...

there were 2 commercials

1. euro yellow ep drivin thru the lot setting off alarms which was played a bit

2. muscle car one
with the si shifting up the mountain road redlining all the gears while a announcer is saying all the specs of the car
than it pulls off the side of the road and a 17yr old scrawny ass kid jumped out of it and flexes at the camera :) and above him it said MUSCLE CAR

than the civic hatch speeds away. .
its silver btw

- Mike

SmoothOperator
05-31-2003, 11:36 AM
I just remembered another one...
It shows this teacher in front of a class, and he starts talking about shifting up, then down, and Up, and down....and he draws a diagram of the Si's shifter... at which point he starts going a little crazy. Not sure if you got that one in the states.

joneSi
05-31-2003, 04:01 PM
C'mon guys! Don't ya'll remember the one where its at night and an Si is driving through a parking lot, and you see people getting out of their cars...then it shows the back of the car in the lot, and all of the doors had gotten ripped off the cars (cause the people got out so fast) and the honda guys voice comes on and says...

The New Civic Si...You'll know it when you see it.

JoneSi

iR-VTEC2
06-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
There was another one where they did the usual car commercial shots of the car driving. Then the text: "The Civic Si as a muscle car" came up and the EP stopped and a real skinny guy jumps out of the car and "flexes" his "muscles" and then jumps back in the car and drives off. Funny, but I think Honda was making fun of itself.:rolleyes:

Haha...i saw that one. The narrator said "the new civic si............figures"

SHAKEnBAKE
06-01-2003, 02:54 AM
Damn, how come I NEVER seen ANY of those?:(

Si-Sissy-PA
06-01-2003, 10:35 AM
You guys will either love me or hate me for posting this ;-)

This is a commercial for our sister car in france, the CDTI (Diesel)

http://www.personal.psu.edu/clower/autox/CivicCTDI_Ara_44s.mpeg

(5 megs) make sure you don't miss the end after the "Honda - The Power of Dreams" part.