PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust....

miamijdm
06-20-2002, 08:19 AM
Im usually not a big fan of custom exhausts, and im a little skeptical about the thermal(no offense guys) but i made a 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust from the rear of the cat to the front of the stock muffler. I got rid of the resonator and the 1and5/8ths exhaust.. The sound is awesome, not to loud, and you can feel the difference in performance.. I'll keep you guys posted, going to the dyno tonight... thanks

SiCivic2k2
06-20-2002, 08:23 AM
I did the samething. My tip's a little bit bigger though. I'll have pics posted soon.

miamijdm
06-20-2002, 08:34 AM
did you keep the stock muffler???

SiCivic2k2
06-20-2002, 12:22 PM
No, I have an aftermarket one. It's universal and it was welded on.

Pradamuimui
06-20-2002, 12:34 PM
I think that Im just gonna wait until Greddy releases there catback!!!!

CleanBlackSi02
11-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by miamijdm
Im usually not a big fan of custom exhausts, and im a little skeptical about the thermal(no offense guys) but i made a 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust from the rear of the cat to the front of the stock muffler. I got rid of the resonator and the 1and5/8ths exhaust.. The sound is awesome, not to loud, and you can feel the difference in performance.. I'll keep you guys posted, going to the dyno tonight... thanks
Old thread...I know, I know... I was wondering if anybody knew if Miamijdm used the whole stock rear section or whether his custom piping was welded on to the muffler. I need to know ASAP! Thanks!

JSIR
11-04-2002, 06:26 PM
he removed the stock mid-pipe which includes the resonator. The stock muffler was left in tact, they didn't touch that. They (his exh. shop) cut off the stock flanges from the stock mid-pipe, that connect to the cat. conv. and to the rear muffler section. They welded on a new 2.25" midpipe using the stock flanges and it all bolted up to the stock muffler and stock cat. converter. They did not install any resonator, just a mid-pipe from cat. to muffler. I asked him about it before I had mine done. hth.