PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Tein S-Tech Spring Rates so low?

Black03Si
06-02-2003, 01:47 PM
I've searched and sifted through the threads, but I need a little more schooling on spring rates. Why are the Tein S-Tech spring rates so low compared to all the other aftermarket springs? Is this good or bad? I've seen some say that lower spring rate means your shocks will go quicker and vice versa. So, which is it? Is it bad to put these on the EP? I know many people have them, and Tein says it's okay to use them, but why wouldn't they just make a spring specific to our application? Can somebody provide some insight into this with a more specifics?

Tenacious G
06-02-2003, 02:33 PM
i had the same question and e-mail the folks at tein asking them that. the short response was yes the springs will work in the EP and they thought the stock springs were stiff to begin with.

here's they grammatically-challenged response:
"In regards to your question. The rates for the OEM springs rates seems kind
of high for a stock car. But with the springs rates that we offers. You will
experience no problems. Please feel free to contact us at the office for
further assistance."

i have the springs, but haven't installed them yet. others report no problems.

StrangeShadow
06-02-2003, 03:57 PM
ppl probably just want a lower drop.

TezGari
06-02-2003, 04:03 PM
im getting my springs tommrow, i gotta install em. I am thinking about keeping them till i have enough money for the camber kit and full instalation. Thats almost (140springs+140Camber+110Labor=390!) $390! I might have to sell my springs when i get them, cause schools starting up really soon and i need to save money because i gotta cut my hours at work....I might have to sell em :[.....

it sucks.......Why cant i be a mechanic!

02SilverSiHB
06-02-2003, 05:34 PM
I believe they are so low because they were made for the 01 coupe at first.

That's how a lot of coupe springs are when compared to the springs that are made specific for the Si.

StrangeShadow
06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
how much you thinking of selling them for? tein s-tech right?

D-04
06-03-2003, 12:10 PM
I have some for sale in the classified section if you are interested.

StrangeShadow
06-03-2003, 12:13 PM
thanks, just saw them, working on getting the $$$ now.