PDA

View Full Version : Progress or Eibach Sportline

Black03Si
06-03-2003, 06:57 PM
I've narrowed my spring choices down to either the Progress Sport or Eibach Sportline. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. What do you guys think?

VBP03
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Progress springs came on my car from the dealership. I've had it for about two months and there aren't any creaks, rattles, or other things that would make me choose the Sportlines over the Progresses. Also, the drop looks great; I've only scraped the front lip once and that was because I was dumb and didn't see that the parking lot that I was in emptied onto the road at a 30 degree angle. The ride is not too bad over factory either.

My reccomendation: Go for the Progresses.

VBP

chubbychu
06-03-2003, 09:28 PM
this is the very very same thing going on in my head.

i want to choose the progress because- Cheaper, dropped lower than sportlines (i think?)

I want the sportlines because- Higher Quality, no saggin, moderate drop

Im pretty sure these both are very alike besides price so yea. I still havent decided...at first i wanted the sportlines but my mind just got changed by vbp...::sigh::

Either way have about 500 bucks and your set

IceD out N CALI
06-03-2003, 09:59 PM
between the two i'd pick sportlines. best quality overall

Suk02Si
06-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah the Sportlines are the best quality. They come with isolators on the coils and come with shorter bumpstops, no cutting required.

glw
06-03-2003, 10:52 PM
just installed the sportlines, progress sways, and neuspeed strut tower bars... it is unbelievably tight. the neuspeed x-brace won't fit with progress front sway or that'd be on there too. i haven't had much time with it yet because i spent the day trying to find a stabilizer link that my dealer told me the rear sway broke (bar is to stiff?). in any case, the sportlines were beautiful and the drop is a little more than i expected (maybe just a tad more than 1.5"). i also have a small muffler rattle on the rear sway that i'm gonna have fixed tomorrow.

edit:
the sportlines use stock front bumpstops and provide new bumpstops for the rear. they also have a one coil isolator on each spring.

ep88
06-03-2003, 11:35 PM
had my sportlines for 2 months now...i love the ride :D i also have progress tie/rear sway bar so uhm ya...sportline :D

!@#$%
06-04-2003, 12:39 AM
i have progress. Love the drop, love the ride, great springs. I will probably buy eibach springs for my next car though, just to try something different. Bumpstops aren't a big deal, but the isolator coils really help.

Black03Si
06-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Yeah the Sportlines are the best quality. They come with isolators on the coils and come with shorter bumpstops, no cutting required.

I thought that the Progress came with isolators now as well. Anyone know? Also, everyone is always saying that Eibach is better quality, but can anyone explain what makes them better quality?

IceD out N CALI
06-04-2003, 09:55 AM
another reason why eibach is generally regarded as the best overall spring is reputation. They've been doing this for a while, and during this while they've prided themselves in making the best quality spring, and proved it to enthusiasts. to me they are like the honda of springs. of course that is JMO

Suk02Si
06-04-2003, 01:26 PM
You know that crappy wire wrap stuff? That's what Progress gives you to wrap around their coils.

VBP03
06-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Just so you know, I haven't ridden or driven in any other cars with Sportlines or any other springs for that matter so I guess my opinion to the Progresses is kinda biased. Hey, if I were to do it again I'd probably get Sportlines or Tien S-Types. Or maybe some full coil-overs...mmmm...coil-overs.

Sorry if I changed your mind in a bad way!

VBP