PDA

View Full Version : From weak 02 EX to sporty new Si

ry03si
06-03-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a new '03 Si and I love it. I traded-in my '02 EX coupe because I needed something more sporty and the monster 1.7L in my EX 5spd was a little on the weak side.

My Si is silver (probably the most common color for this model) and I bought it for $15,995 in Temecula, California at Norm Reeves Honda. I tried to get a black colored Si, but because it had side airbags they wanted the full asking price of over $19,000...what a load of bs.

Anyways, I look forward to upgrading my Si's performance. I'm doing my best right now to save up enough money to buy either a turbo or supercharger...can't decide which one. Until then I may get CAI and lower it.

This site seems to have many knowledgeable Si enthusiasts and I look forward to being a member.

VBSI
06-03-2003, 11:55 PM
There is a ton of info here-if you use the search, you can find out almost everything necessary about the Si. Welcome aboard!

Lost03si
06-04-2003, 12:18 AM
:;shake hand:: Welcome Neighbor!

Sooky
06-04-2003, 12:38 AM
norm reeves huh? i got mines there too :)

Suk02Si
06-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Cool, what city are you from?

and welcome:)

02SilverSiHB
06-04-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by ry03si
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a new '03 Si and I love it. I traded-in my '02 EX coupe because I needed something more sporty and the monster 1.7L in my EX 5spd was a little on the weak side.

My Si is silver (probably the most common color for this model) and I bought it for $15,995 in Temecula, California at Norm Reeves Honda. I tried to get a black colored Si, but because it had side airbags they wanted the full asking price of over $19,000...what a load of bs.

Anyways, I look forward to upgrading my Si's performance. I'm doing my best right now to save up enough money to buy either a turbo or supercharger...can't decide which one. Until then I may get CAI and lower it.

This site seems to have many knowledgeable Si enthusiasts and I look forward to being a member.
congrats on the buy, you should tell the www.7thgen.com guys that the ex insn't fast, they'll go ape shit! :rolleyes:

ssvr6
06-04-2003, 04:39 AM
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site.

Steve

02TafWhtSi
06-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

congrats on the buy, you should tell the www.7thgen.com guys that the ex insn't fast, they'll go ape shit! :rolleyes:

It is pretty light though :cool:

EPHatchgirl
06-04-2003, 06:24 AM

TRUE DAT!:D

Brettnyt
06-04-2003, 07:27 AM

HAHA, yeah they will...

ry03si
06-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

02SilverSiHB: No kidding they'll go ape sh*t! I have been a member of 7thgencivic.com for about 6 months and the "Si vs. EX " topic has always been an area of mixed emotions.
I'll even admit that I started to believe that my '02 EX 5spd coupe would keep up with an '02+ Si during a race. I'd read these posts that started to make me believe that us EX owners were superior to many faster cars on the road...brainwashing and denial at its finest.
Eventhough I now know the truth/reality behind that whole thing I still won't rub it in at 7thgencivic.com because it won't make a difference and probably never will. Many EX owners can't except it and some just have big egos, so whats the point in trying to convince them on the internet. Knucklheads like this need to get their butt to a track to race an Si. Maybe they'll shut up when reality hits.

Suk02Si: I live in Murrieta (right next to Temecula).

Sooky: Do you live in the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks again for the welcome.

Mugen_EP
06-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey welcome to the site and we are having a meet & Canyon Run on the 14th, maybe you could come out and meet the guys.

Check out the Cali forum, we have a lot going on in SoCal.;)

Civicvtec1ps
06-04-2003, 07:31 PM
good move.
i had ex but traded in for new si

brendanSI
06-04-2003, 08:38 PM
welcome, its a great site... i traded in my 01 EX for my si

golferjn
06-04-2003, 09:53 PM
congrats on the ep. welcome and hello

IceD out N CALI
06-04-2003, 10:07 PM
congrats on the new ep. i'm not too far from you

DC5@EM2
06-04-2003, 11:21 PM
congrats on the buy, you should tell the www.7thgen.com guys that the ex insn't fast, they'll go ape shit!

First off, theres a lot of people on both sites that think their ep or em is the shizzy but ill tell you all reality. Stock ex vs. stock ep, the ep will win in all forms except for one thats a matter of opinion, and thats looks. Some people like it, some people dont. I happen to like the ep's with body kit, wing, wheels, and lowered. I cant stand the stock form of how it looks, but thats just a matter of opinion.

But back to the matter on hand. Yeah, the d17 motors are pretty much an overall weak motor. Thank god Hasport has made that paperweight motor go bye-bye out of my engine bay. :D And another thing you guys have to realize is that there are a lot of ep owners on this forums here go ape shit when a rsx owner shows up and starts talking smack. So, the point Im trying to get to is this. I think EVERYBODY on all of these forums should know exactly where they are on the food chain because no matter how much anyone wants to deny it, theres always gonna be someone faster, better handling, more reliable, better gas mileage, etc.

RedDragon333
06-05-2003, 12:26 AM
you know there are a lot of members there that know were we stand against the EP. I for one know my D17 blows, its not a fast car at all. I do however think the Em2 chassis far outstyles the EP IMO. True there are a lot of members on that site that believe thatin the EX vs SI game the EX will out perform, these people are fools in some regard but please dont taint the site for those few fools who have no idea where they are at. I respect both platforms in some regard or another. I have an 01 EX, i know shes not fast, she might be slow but i think she looks good doing it, however that D17 wont be there long, its soon to be a home to the K20A sitting in my garage. All other stuff aside www.7thgencivic.com is a great site full of great info and some great people, also home to some real dumba$$es but please dont group the ones who know who they are with the fools who dont. Thanks again guys

SeatownEP02
06-05-2003, 12:45 AM
"every tree has some bad apples"
-3rd grade teacher :D

anyways
Welcome to the site
glad to c new ppl on here....fast growing community

Sooky
06-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ry03si
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

02SilverSiHB: No kidding they'll go ape sh*t! I have been a member of 7thgencivic.com for about 6 months and the "Si vs. EX " topic has always been an area of mixed emotions.
I'll even admit that I started to believe that my '02 EX 5spd coupe would keep up with an '02+ Si during a race. I'd read these posts that started to make me believe that us EX owners were superior to many faster cars on the road...brainwashing and denial at its finest.
Eventhough I now know the truth/reality behind that whole thing I still won't rub it in at 7thgencivic.com because it won't make a difference and probably never will. Many EX owners can't except it and some just have big egos, so whats the point in trying to convince them on the internet. Knucklheads like this need to get their butt to a track to race an Si. Maybe they'll shut up when reality hits.

Suk02Si: I live in Murrieta (right next to Temecula).

Sooky: Do you live in the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks again for the welcome.

ummm.... i live in walnut.... about 5-10 mins away from norm reeves

02SilverSiHB
06-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by DC5@EM2

......are a lot of ep owners on this forums here go ape shit when a rsx owner shows up and starts talking smack. So, the point Im trying to get to is this. I think EVERYBODY on all of these forums should know exactly where they are on the food chain because no matter how much anyone wants to deny it, theres always gonna be someone faster, better handling, more reliable, better gas mileage, etc.

as for the rsx owners coming over here and some ep owners freaking out, can you supply a link??? I can't see why anyone would. I've never seen a reason for an ep owner to go ape shit, plus the fact that someone with a RSX would talk smack, the RSX has the some amount of power. Now if a RSX Type S owner comes over here and talks smack...well, that's just stupid. It's like, no shit, your faster, duh!

And I agree with you on the someone is always going to be faster, yadda yadda yadda, that's always how I think of it. That's why I'd be totally satisfied hitting a low to mid 14 on 17's in this car.

THE ANTI RICEST
06-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Two words

Mini Van

SeatownEP02
every tree has some bad apples

He Is right, its dumb to judge a whole site by a few peoples reaction. Besides that both civics aren't "fast". Run under a 15 then you can start talking about your fast civic.

tony speed
06-05-2003, 02:21 PM
a mini van that's pretty damn fast for sure.....and with pretty good handling to boot....with a nice interior.....yes please!

ry03si
06-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I didn't intend to make the 7thgencivic.com website look bad. I learned valuable information about my previous Civic on that site. I was just trying to get my point across about how it seems like many of the members posting in the racing/kills section on the forum seem to exaggerate when it comes to how fast their EX is. That doesn't make them bad people and that website is still a great resource to find anything you need or want to know about the 2001+ Civic HX,DX,LX, or EX.

I apologize if it seemed like I was bagging on 7thgencivic.com. I still visit the site and I know that it's knowledgeable members far outweigh the clueless idiots on there. Like any car website with a forum there are always going to be some members who are complete morons when it comes to knowing anything about the type of car they drive.