PDA

View Full Version : Center Channel

twiztidsals
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey All,

Maybe others have this complaint. I will be replacing my fronts with a component set in a few weeks, can you mount a 1" tweeter so it faces the driver more? i find it a bit annoying when i hear the passenger side tweeter so well, but the driver's side is angled away. I was considering the Clarion center
Clarion Center (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Sa70IakfDEu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=020SRK5)
which would mount in the pocket below the receiver ( i obviously have an aftermarket receiver). Any thoughts about the tweeters or the center channel? Thanks!

BarracksSi
06-12-2003, 05:56 AM
I've been pondering the same thing, but only because the head unit I want (this year's Blaupunkt San Francisco CD72) has a center channel output, and it would be slick to have that Clarion center.

The thing is, they list the center channel as "matrixed". That's not truly a modern, Dolby 5.1 center channel, so I wonder just what signal is being put through.

But, yes, it's certainly possible to adjust the tweeters' angles. I'd double check from the passenger seat during adjustment to be sure I'm not giving a rider crappy music. It'll be easier or more difficult depending on the tweeter model, of course.

Jpax
06-12-2003, 06:43 PM
mine face the driver more. they pivot