PDA

View Full Version : jdm dc5 intake manifold where?!

GeNoZiDe
06-04-2003, 04:38 PM
JDM RSX DC5 intake manifold
would it fit directly?!?
and if so where can i get it?! need ASAP
my manifold busted to crap!

Suk02Si
06-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Pole Position: ITR Intake Manifold (http://www.polepositionproducts.com/jdmhonda/dc5.htm)

I guess it would fit, I dunno:o

!@#$%
06-05-2003, 09:52 AM
if the rsx-s people can use them without modification and we have the same TB, then yes I will say it's a direct swap.

EP3_DC5
06-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
JDM RSX DC5 intake manifold
would it fit directly?!?
and if so where can i get it?! need ASAP
my manifold busted to crap!

Get a Type S intake manifold if anything. The Type R manifold will be absolutely useless for you. It only produces power above 7800RPM..... and your engine doesn't even spin that fast. You will notice a drop in torque and HP throughout the powerband. If you have a K20A2 motor on the other hand and have the Type R cams and K20A Hondata flash, then the ITR manifold adds 5 hp above 8K RPM.

fsugatorbait
06-06-2003, 08:25 AM
I may be way off on this, but I thought that we have the type S IM...and the base RSX had the different one???

Suk02Si
06-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Yeah we have the same manifold as the Type S while the base has a plastic one.

2k2_nbp_egg
06-06-2003, 01:29 PM
*thread jack*

When did RSXs ever come in MR EP3-DC5? I just looked at ur cars pics and it looked fucking clean, but I have yet to see a MR RSX on the road, only that kinda bland redondo red or wutever.

Oh yea, as for the IM....

Get a Type S intake manifold if anything. The Type R manifold will be absolutely useless for you. It only produces power above 7800RPM..... and your engine doesn't even spin that fast. You will notice a drop in torque and HP throughout the powerband. If you have a K20A2 motor on the other hand and have the Type R cams and K20A Hondata flash, then the ITR manifold adds 5 hp above 8K RPM.

exactly....except you would only be wasting your money on the type S manifold because we have the same one :)

EP3_DC5
06-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
*thread jack*

When did RSXs ever come in MR EP3-DC5? I just looked at ur cars pics and it looked fucking clean, but I have yet to see a MR RSX on the road, only that kinda bland redondo red or wutever.

Oh yea, as for the IM....

exactly....except you would only be wasting your money on the type S manifold because we have the same one :)

lol, exactly, so there is no point in changing your intake manifold.
My car is Milano Red because I bought it in Canada...... The Milano Red was out in Canada in 2002, but it now also discontinued.
Redondo and Firepepper are absolutely hideous colors imo for the RSX........

GeNoZiDe
06-07-2003, 12:02 AM
was jus thinkin type r cuz its the same price as a new normal one
LOL
o well jus welded mine
so saved some bucks! thank god it was weldable!!