PDA

View Full Version : HELP w/ Camber kit install

SiR_d1
06-04-2003, 08:05 PM
I just had a quick question of about the camber kit install...

Is it better to get it installed with your springs or later when the springs have settled, so basically getting it installed when you get your alignment?

Thanks in Advance

Anthony

Jester
06-04-2003, 09:16 PM
takes like an extra 5 mins
so why not get it done at the same time?
I adjusted the rear temporarily and got my alignment after about 2 weeks, just to make sure the car had settled.

SiR_d1
06-04-2003, 09:21 PM
I just bought my ingalls camber kit today. $200 canadian for the front and rears. I was plannign on finally installing my tien s tech springs tommorrow but should I do it at a lter date when my cambers come in. Thats why I'm asking should it really be done when I get an alignment?

ep88
06-04-2003, 10:29 PM
u can install the rear camber kit...just adjust it to stock specs (compare it with the stock fork) and then when ur going to have an alignment, they'll just adjust it to the right setting.

SiR_d1
06-05-2003, 01:46 PM
couldn't I just ask the dealer to install the cambers when I go for an alignment?

Is this an easy install?

31102si
06-05-2003, 02:13 PM
they are a direct replacment. they bolt right on, you just have to torque the nuts. I JUST TOLD YOU TO TORQUE YOUR NUTS. :D

Jester
06-05-2003, 02:15 PM
from experience i would leave the front camber adjustment bolts for the dealer (only if needed), while doing your alighnment, it is hard to determine the settings for these without a rack. I would install the rear's yourself, it is very easy, like 4 bolts.
I lined mine up with a wall and compared the new ones with the fctory and then turned them 180 degrees (dropped on sportlines), When I got my alignment done the camber in the rear was still within factory specs according to my sheet(but not within the satisfaction of the technician...if you know how a digital alignment rack works you'd understand). why they charged me $200+ for an alignment is beyond me, but at least I didn't have to pay labor on the camber install as well. I would imagine they'd charge you like 1-2 hours labor on top of your alignment. Just speaking from experince , you may luck out with your dealer.

31102si
06-05-2003, 02:20 PM
why they charged me $200+ for an alignment is beyond me

Is that for lifetime alignment? :eek: I got lifetime alignment, rotation, and balance from firestone for $180.00

Jester
06-05-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah fuck Sterling Honda!

they told me like $20 more than normal $89.99
and then they com in with a bill that was like $235.00 (actual time?)

they lost a costomer here!