PDA

View Full Version : are our seats designed by recaro?

jerky
06-05-2003, 05:24 PM
these are seats from a dc5 type r and they look just like ours only they have the slots for a harness and they say recaro.

http://dc5rintegra.homestead.com/files/dc5r0008.jpg

i remember seeing heated debates about this subject a while ago. just thought i'd bring it up again.

ssvr6
06-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Do a search, this has been a huge argument in the past.

Steve

Makross
06-05-2003, 09:22 PM
wow whose seats are those theyre sweet

Civicvtec1ps
06-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Makross
wow whose seats are those theyre sweet
guy from japan. (member of clubrsx)
he owns TRUE JDM!!

jerky
06-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Do a search, this has been a huge argument in the past.

Steve

i did do a search. some guy, k20a3, kept insisting that the seats weren't recaro. after seeing these pics i am wondering what the nonbelievers think now.

after seeing these seats i now wonder what prompted honda to replace the harness slots with the red triangle thingy. i guess they figured hondas get broken into enough that the new sis didn't need eye-catching seats with harness slots and a huge recaro banner on them. instead they give us these eye-catching, butt-hugging seats without the slots, forcing some of us to buy new seats.

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 12:09 PM
I think they look great. From the begining I thought that our seats were designed by Recaro. I was just referring you to the original argument.

Steve

downhil
06-08-2003, 09:37 PM
i agree. i think recaro definitely had a hand in the design. who gives a shit if we don't have a logo stitched on.

our steering wheel is identical to the momo jdm version without the momo imprint near the srs imprint.

JLannoo
06-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by downhil

our steering wheel is identical to the momo jdm version without the momo imprint near the srs imprint.

Well as far as the wheel. The momo version has a total different leather cover. the leather looks and is stiched different.

Sb00
06-09-2003, 09:25 AM
those would be really nice (probably expensive) replacement seats for people that wanna keep the stock look :)

i like em *thumbs up*