PDA

View Full Version : kinda off topic

zuljinSI
06-05-2003, 08:29 PM
hey, question for ya'll anyone know how SI's handle the snow and ice of the northern states say, North Dakota since i just found i'll be moving there soon...not by choice .. and now i'm curious as to how it will handle the cold weather and ice and snow.. thanks

Zuljin

Lt_Si
06-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Zuljin,
You're not in the Air Force by any chance are you? If you are, are you going to Minot or Grand Forks? Either way, I hope that you like snow and lots of wind. I haven't been up there myself, but I know some people stationed up there. I have one freind up in Alaska who used to be at Grand Forks, and he said that ND is colder than AK is, just because of the wind there. I'm stationed at Tinker in Oklahoma City. It's probably better than ND, but there are way too many pickup trucks here and not enough EPs.
Anyway, I'm sure that the Si will do as well as any other car out there in the snow. As long as your tires are good, and you don't drive like a maniac, you'll be a-ight. Good luck up in ND.

Rob

f1fever
06-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Since every EP owner in Canada can drive like a maniac during the winter, I'll say you'll be ok. Just ask SirMedic, I'm sure he can tell you how to drift on the snow :p

And for some reason, I found our stock OEM tires are doing pretty good on snow, on snow only...

zuljinSI
06-06-2003, 12:18 AM
Lt_Si, yep i'm in the Air Force and its Minot. Right now i'm at Vandenberg so its going to be a big change from CA to ND.

Thanks for the input i'm orginally from the south, so yea like NO experiance in snow and ice. now if i can just not drive like a maniac since my friends here say i do.. personally i think its just southern driving.. :)

Zuljin