PDA

View Full Version : Straight Pipes

JDMakeover
06-05-2003, 10:30 PM
I know this will probably get you a big fine if you get caught with it, but do you think that there is quite a considerable gain with straight pipes as opposed to just a plain header?

I was thinking of getting the Comptech one...I'm also speculating it would add at least 20 whp and take 0.5 off our quarter mile time. Am I way off with these notions?

Suk02Si
06-06-2003, 12:23 AM
just a tad off;) You'll get 20whp with a full exhaust (header, test pipe, catback)

You might drop .2 off your et; it's debatable though. You can drop .2-.5 just by learning how to launch and shift the car correctly;)

jerky
06-06-2003, 10:54 AM
you can also get fancy with your straightpipe. get the shields off of your cat and weld them around the straightpipe. then if a cop looks under there after you are pulled over at night he shouldn't know the dif.

JDMakeover
06-07-2003, 03:27 AM
If I buy only a Comptech 4-2 regular header and use the rest of the stock exhaust will I see any gans or will the factory b-pipe and muffler prevent any gains from coming about it? Will it be safe to keep the factory manifold shield off the new header if I change it, or will it overheat? Will I lose the cracking and popping sound that I had with the factory exhaust manifold after I turn the car off after a long drive?

Thanks for the help!

JDMakeover
06-13-2003, 02:03 AM
Has anybody here successfully run straight pipes? How much faster did ya feel?