PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys!?!

Cali_JDM_Girlie
06-06-2003, 09:31 AM
So i've got the 02 EP....I just graduated from high school and now that I no longer have to park in the high school parking lot( I go to school with some really shady fuckers) its time to hook up my EP with some electornics.....I want a DVD player and dope stereo system but I'm not very savvy with electornics...just engines so

1) Whats the best DVD player for the EP
2)What kind of equipment should I get for my stereo(15's,amp,tweeters,etc)
3)whats a good ass alarm(preferably one that blows people the fuck up when they get to close to my EP
4) What kind of $$$$ is this gonna cost...I know it will be expense but I'm not trying to get broke off

I would really appreciate any advice
thanks a million

Allison ;)

greenguy
06-06-2003, 10:21 AM
1. Alpine makes the best screen that I have seen. Go to a stereo shop and look. They are awesome!
2.Whats your budget? Alpine for the H.U., speakers are a matter of taste. Go to said stereo shop and compare.
3.Well if you havent noticed yet I am an Alpine whore:D. I love my alpine alarm. You can have alot of custom shit run off of it like air horns and back up battery! Its all in the install.
4.Well I would think that a complete set up that you are looking at getting could be as cheap as $4k all the way up to $8k depending on how far you want to take it:)
Hope this helps!
p.s. I do recomend going to a stereo shop and looking at the products and getting a feel for what each has to offer.
good luck!

BarracksSi
06-09-2003, 05:16 PM
I've been told that the Alpine DVD player's screen mechanism isn't the most reliable. I'd check with Eclipse, Clarion, or Kenwood, to name some off the top of my head.

Speakers & amp(s)? Like greenguy said, go with your budget. I consider two main things -- how much space do I want to dedicate to a sub, and how loud do I want the whole system to be. From there, it's a matter of finding things that sound good (only possible in person) and are within what I'm willing to pay.

I don't know nearly enough about alarm, so don't ask me! I'll agree that, when it comes down to it, it's all about the install.

If you're going in-dash DVD, it's obviously going to be at least $1500 more than just CD. I'm expecting to possibly spend around $1400 for the stuff I want, but I could knock that down at least a couple hundred just by choosing a different head unit.

Overall cost, too, will be affected by the cost of the installation. JL put together a demo vehicle of $2000 worth of gear, but I'm sure the install (a flashy one) cost at least two or three times that much. Good shops still exist that will install stuff for not much $$$.