PDA

View Full Version : "Look at the back of that thing."

bryan
06-06-2003, 10:51 AM
I've had this car for about 3 weeks now and this is the first time I heard a stranger commenting on my car, it was a lady talking to her friend in a parking lot. I guess they had never seen a hatchback before. I thought it was funny that the refered to it as "thing" instead of car. It still cracks me up how much attention this car gets for a Civic, I always get people saying they have never seen one before and have no idea what it is.

tony speed
06-06-2003, 11:00 AM
becky, oh ma god. it's butt is so big. it looks like one of those rapper cars.

jerky
06-06-2003, 11:03 AM
have you gotten the dreaded "is your car an electric car?"

i had one guy saying my car was "cute." he was like that's a cute car. i said, yup that's why i got it, cause it's cute. then he went to another guy who was looking at it and said, this is a cute car. then i left.

Gasp23
06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Lol, today at the gas station this lady asked me if my car was electric, and I told her no, and she totally lost intrest in the car. Lol :D

tony speed
06-06-2003, 11:10 AM
damn, you guys get bad popularity. here in ga, i get middle-aged people lusting after my ep hatch every day. everyone loves my car.....

XLR8B4U
06-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by jerky

It was my boss and he was dismissive of the conversation when I tried to tell him what it was. Ah well he has an ugly A$$ new CRV anyhow..

Next time... I am going to run with it and tell them that I get 80 miles to the gallon and I have not filled up with gas in a month.. :D :D

BSEVEER
06-06-2003, 12:12 PM
I've been asked a couple of times if it was a hybrid...:rolleyes:

02NITEHAWKSi EP
06-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Hy-brid monster minivan killer

he he he :D

SiRRider
06-06-2003, 12:43 PM
I never get the electric car comment. I do get lots of "man that is a wicked car" and people gocking and asking what is that. Its great to have a car that is rare.

Zero Three Si
06-06-2003, 01:12 PM
I've gotten the "is it an electric car" a million times....it's rather disturbing.

XLR8B4U
06-06-2003, 01:15 PM
ROCKIN CHOP! Very funny.

SiRRider : Do they not sell this car in Canada? This is what people are thinking this car is...

Its the Honda Insight .. It comes in similar colors too.

http://www.isthe.com/chongo/photo/landon/honda-insight/insight-blue.jpg

02TafWhtSi
06-06-2003, 03:21 PM
I still get a lot of "neck snaps" even to this day. I guess thats a good thing :o

IceD out N CALI
06-06-2003, 03:25 PM
nobody ever asked me if mine was an electric car:)

sniperSI
06-06-2003, 04:33 PM
i always get "Is that an eletric car" Hybrid whatever

So as a penalty to the on looker i try to fit as much honda civic si/type R information in before they run away from me and back to what they were doing.

For real i won't stop talking about the car until they interput me and say they have to go, but at least they are educated when they leave.

blueiedgod
06-06-2003, 05:28 PM
i was at the flea market, trying to unload my computer stuff that i no longer needed. spent the whole day, people were browsing but not flockig to see my stuff. so, by 4 pm i bring up my car to load up the table and the stuff into the hatch. Man, do i get attention... people, mostly young men, lol started to come up to me and ask if they could look inside. :-) when they saw the shifter, they went bizerk, lol

Still did not sell my junk. I guess i will try ebay.

chubbychu
06-06-2003, 05:51 PM
i had an old guy...like 70-80 ask where i got my car. lol

f1fever
06-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Since there are quite a bunch of SIR in Toronto already, I have no longer get the attention that I used to get. But when I first got my car, most of the driver who park or stop beside me was tried to peek through my tinted windows in order to check out my shifter. Which make me feel really uncomfortable, especially when my girlfriend wearing a mini skit and sat on the pass. side.

The most asked question is... "is the shifter hard to reach?"

And no, I never have any dump people come up to me and said "is that the Hybrid car from Honda?"

Brettnyt
06-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jerky

i had one guy saying my car was "cute." he was like that's a cute car. i said, yup that's why i got it, cause it's cute. then he went to another guy who was looking at it and said, this is a cute car. then i left.

Yes, from the person who gave me my test to get my license... :) LOL

SmoothOperator
06-06-2003, 07:01 PM
People asking questions when stopped at lights has become routine for me. Still happens all the time.

Buff 'n Stuff
06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm always asked about the dash mounted shifter, how I like it. My answer every time is that it took about 15 minutes to get used to, and that I'd rather not go back to a console shifter.

The seats... people always comment on the seats. Need I say more?

Another comment made by a domestic lover... "your car looks like a shoe". Needless to say, I was offended. This guy thinks an Aztec or Avalanche is a 'sweet' ride. :confused:

Brettnyt
06-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Im still stock, but it still breaks a lot of necks... I get the nod atleast 2 times a day, and that drivin only 50 miles or less... I really think its growin on people... I get complements from all types, adults, and teens-20's... I really think its growin on people...

chubbychu
06-07-2003, 01:19 AM
hehe i tell people my shifter is more "ergonomically correct" lol

StrangeShadow
06-07-2003, 01:38 AM
I think I might have caused a few accidents due to neck snapping lol still happens all the time, there are only three in my area, a black one that commutes so no one ever sees it, and another silver one that sits still 24/7 at the ladies work, but she waves at me whenever we see each other, about once every two weeks.

i had an old guy...like 70-80 ask where i got my car. lol lol yeah, I had an old dude at a gas station in his 60, who was driving a ek talk to me about type-r's 'cool'
AND ppl always flip when they see the inside, ask about the shifter, ask if it's a 6spd, I just say it will be someday, when it grows up, girls always want to sit in it too, everywhere I go, they just come up after I park somewhere and ask if they can look inside and sit in the seats for a while, guess that's a good thing :)

cj miller
06-07-2003, 01:41 AM
ive had how many miles to gallon does it get? and the worst is...is that the new matrix?? grrrrr

chubbychu
06-07-2003, 01:51 AM
havent we had one of these threads before?

EPinoy
06-07-2003, 03:36 AM
my dumbass co worker told me my car looks like a bubble with evil eyes:D

and this other guy that i smoked told me "that focus is fast":mad:

ny-quiL
06-07-2003, 06:23 AM
when i was in taco bell yesterday for lunch i was waiting for my food and the two guys next to me waiting to order were talking about my car - the one guy asked the other what model it was and his friend said - "Its the civic hybrid" and the other didnt think so and replied - " But it says vtec on the side" his friend then went into detail about how the hybrid has vtec blah blah blah i was leaving when he started to explain the tech behind it - either way i had a good laugh. idiots.

tony speed
06-07-2003, 09:56 PM
the one that nearly made me go insane one day was this guy at work who purposely said to make me annoyed: " hey, there's your car! oh, sorry it a ford focus." grrrrrrrr. maybe when they bring the rally version focus it won't be such a diss.

bryan
06-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by tony speed
the one that nearly made me go insane one day was this guy at work who purposely said to make me annoyed: " hey, there's your car! oh, sorry it a ford focus." grrrrrrrr. maybe when they bring the rally version focus it won't be such a diss.

My girl still says "there's a Si" when she sees focus hatchbacks sometimes. For the first week I had the car she thought every damn focus on the road was a Si but she is slowly learning. It seemed to help the most when I pointed out to her that my car's tail lights aren't mounted airtraffic controller style like the back of the focus; however she still has some trouble distinguishing the cars from the front.... should I dump her? j/k

NemesisITR
06-08-2003, 08:39 AM
When the salesman at Discount Tire walked up to my car he asked where my civic was!!!!

He thought it was a focus until he looked inside and FREAKED!!

I also got the "Is that a hybrid?" at the Dodge dealership when we went up to look at the SRT-4. I just told the lady it was the new mini-oddessy and walked off.:o

klik
06-08-2003, 11:20 AM
One of ma co worker call ma EP a gurls car, and told me he use to have a acura legend mexican/japanes style rice car hehehe i remember that. what a dumb ass
and the rest of ma co workers like ma car too much each one of them seat inside but not letting them drive it, HELLLLL NOOOOOO
only that mexican guy hate ma EP

DHeffernan
06-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by tony speed
damn, you guys get bad popularity. here in ga, i get middle-aged people lusting after my ep hatch every day. everyone loves my car.....

haha yeah everyone is either like dude, sweet ass car, or dude, your car sucks... wanna race my camaro? I've seen 6 people with my car, and 5 of them have been black, its so weird, because where I live... well, it's really white, but it's bad ass nonetheless