PDA

View Full Version : Eibach or Tein S springs having second thoughts

siver-SI
06-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Well it looks like I should have my cash back in hand soon that I had saved up for my lowering of my car and now I am rethinking my Tein S idea. I am seeing a lot of Eibach users that like their set up so now I am wondering what do I get. I guess these are my questions.

What one has the best ride for a daily driver?

What one will allow my shocks to last the longest? (would like to make the OEM ones last a year or more if possable.)

In the Eibach with kit? SPORTLINE KIT or the PRO-KIT?

Over all what one is better made?

Thanks. I just want to be happy with my ride.

glw
06-07-2003, 12:06 AM
i have the eibach sportline and the ride is near stock... i also have the progress sways and neuspeed upper strut bars. i chose eibach due to prior exprerience with them and realtime racing uses them on their cars (http://www.realtimerl.com/cars/cars.htm) ...;)

ep88
06-07-2003, 10:45 PM
u cant go wrong with eibach sportline ;)

IceD out N CALI
06-08-2003, 09:43 AM
cant go wrong with eibach. sheesh half the nascar cars have em;)

klik
06-08-2003, 07:46 PM
cant go wrong with Tein either most of the Rally cars use them, they dont go around like a sissy in a circle like nascar hehehe
TEIN all the way baby

myeverlovinsir
06-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Nascar does do some road courses, mabey twice a year, but
I would buy the eibach's.

raiyo
06-08-2003, 09:39 PM
I'd pick Tein.

I wouldn't go with Sportline due to the stuff it did to my friend's older version Si on bottoming out VERY often. Pro-Kit has a better built than Sportline, to me. If you don't got problems going places in your area about hills, pot holes, /""" shape driveway, go for Tein. If you do like me, you'll regret you got them on. My mid-pipe rubbing on my driveway to garage. :'(

The height/wheel gap of the car with Tein is good, but not very lowered compare to others. Go look under your car from the middle side. You'll see the darn piping is much close to the ground than anything else.

SiR_d1
06-08-2003, 09:49 PM
get the TEIN S TECH b/c the SPORTLINES have an uneven drop.

I have the teins and I love them, i've had them on for about 4 days and it rides great. Plus its cheaper

SeatownEP02
06-08-2003, 11:20 PM
my eibachs dont seem to have uneven drop...had mine for a while and its been fine..havent run into any trouble yet

for longer lasting stock shocks i would say eibachs cuz tein is lower

ApexinSi
06-09-2003, 08:19 AM
i think i heard a few with sportlines say that they need shock replacing already... thats why i held off installing mine till I got some konis or something.. how long everyone with sportlines had them on?.. still ride like stock?

trabadoo22
06-09-2003, 10:42 AM
I don't mean to add more confusion to your decision silver-SI, but you may want to check out H&R springs. They are supposed to be very good as well. They seem to get the most consistant good reviews. I'm not sure if they have an application for your car, but it's worth looking into. You can check them out at www.hrsprings.com .

ep88
06-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
i think i heard a few with sportlines say that they need shock replacing already... thats why i held off installing mine till I got some konis or something.. how long everyone with sportlines had them on?.. still ride like stock?

had my sportlines for 2 months now, it still ride like stock..not bouncy at all.
about the shocks, it actually depends on your driving style 'coz if you drive agressively (run over speedbumbs/potholes etc), your stock shocks will definitely not last that long.

siver-SI
06-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if I do go through a set of shocks were can I get a new set that does not need modifing to my car. I am just wondering about ones that look like OEM like what you would get from a NAPA or auto zone. I just can not find any. I know they will not be the best shocks but they should come with a life time warrenty so I can keep on blowing them out till some good after market ones come out.

siver-SI
06-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Well for the H&R springs they are a little to much for me with a 2 inch drop I wanted around a 1.5. Now to add to the mix show stoppers just put on sale some Neuspeed Sport Springs (1.5 inch drop) - $159.00 shipped. So now I am wondering how these are. I went from thinking of only one spring to being up to three. :(

trabadoo22
06-10-2003, 02:27 AM
Ya, they are a tad low. I know what you mean, I'm like that with just about every decision. I can never make up my mind. If you want to read some reviews on springs check out http://www.carreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx . Scroll down the page to suspension. I think they have Eibach, Neuspeed and others listed.