PDA

View Full Version : Comptech Icebox info / dynos

eggs
06-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Just thought you EP3 guys would like some info on this since it is available for your cars...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85066

EP3_DC5
06-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by eggs
Just thought you EP3 guys would like some info on this since it is available for your cars...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85066

Iceboxfizzle, foshizzle. Listen not to this man, as he knoweth not what he speaks. J/K
Nice dyno pull...... you have the smelliest a$$ ever!

JSIR
06-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Good work Eggs ! , nice numbers. I've been following the posts on Clubrsx as you guys are receiving your boxes before the EP's. Some people on the clubrsx post seem fixated on the ultimate numbers, but it's the comparison that is most informative. You're making more power and torque and you've got larger wheels to boot. Same weather conditions as well. Looks great !. BTW, Is that a dynojet you are dynoing on ?, or some other machine ? , cause the dynojet would standardize weather factors.

Unfortunately the EP Icebox is about 7 days behind the RSX-S in terms of delivery from Comtpech. Mine just got shipped on Thursday, one other guy on this forum also got his shipped this past week. It will take me 7 days to recieve my delivery, so still waiting for mine. Cant wait to get it. thanks for all your work on this Eggs we do appreciate it.

:cool:

Joey

eggs
06-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Yes, it was on a dynojet. My friend and I dynod back to back to get the closest comparison.

EP33
06-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Cool & thanks for the info.

siver-SI
06-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks. I am thinking more and more of getting this box. Just wondering do you think the foam filter or a drop in K&N would work better?

JSIR
06-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Yes, it was on a dynojet. My friend and I dynod back to back to get the closest comparison.

very nice, great info, can't ask for a better comparison IMO. Great work eggs !
can't wait to get mine installed.

Joey

JSIR
06-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey Eggs, a couple questions for your if you don't mind.

Firstly, does the filter sit on an angle or is it straight up and done -vertical. Curious cause I don't care for the 90 degree bend on the stock box lid , hoping the Comptech doesn't have the same 90 degree bend, in the 3D picture it kinda looks more like a 45 degree bend, but I am not sure.

Also is there any sign of an air horn on the filter or intake pipe leading to the stock rubber hose. I know the snorkel tube has a slight radius to it, just wondering about the filter and intake pipe itself. Lastly does the filter have holes on both ends of it like the stock filter, so it needs to make a perfect seal to keep out dirt, or is it just a regular conical filter that has a closed end to it.

thanks for any info you can toss our way until I get the real deal !;)

Joey

myeverlovinsir
06-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Eggs, I wonder how this translates from Acura to Honda? Joey,
you will probably be the first to dyno this. Let us know the goods.
It seems promising on the Acura side of things. tks:D

IceD out N CALI
06-07-2003, 03:29 PM
good info thanks:)

JSIR
06-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Eggs, I wonder how this translates from Acura to Honda? Joey,
you will probably be the first to dyno this. Let us know the goods.
It seems promising on the Acura side of things. tks:D

well of course the RSX-S gains will be a multiple of the gains we see. I expect the Icebox to be a 4-5 whp gain on our Civic Si/R as a best guestimate. Hopefully similar to the AEM/DC/Injen CAI iintakes. I doubt the Icebox will outperform the others, but hopefully be very similar. Eggs seemed to get some good results on the Acura though.

Joey

EP33
06-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Joey,

Filter has holes on both ends like stock.

G

JSIR
06-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by EP33
Joey,

Filter has holes on both ends like stock.

G

thanks for the info, does the downpipe connect to the filter on a 90 degree angle like the stock setup or is it less curved. i.e. is the filter sittting straight up or slightly angled ?

thanks for other info you can share.

Joey

eggs
06-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JSIR

thanks for the info, does the downpipe connect to the filter on a 90 degree angle like the stock setup or is it less curved. i.e. is the filter sittting straight up or slightly angled ?

thanks for other info you can share.

Joey

Download this...

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/3D_rsx_icebox.exe

Its a 3d model of the icebox with multiple views. You can see all the details you are asking questions about in it.

JSIR
06-08-2003, 07:20 AM

Download this...

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/3D_rsx_icebox.exe

Its a 3d model of the icebox with multiple views. You can see all the details you are asking questions about in it.

thanks, looks like the intake pipe is about a 90 degree bend, wish they hadn't done that, kept the pipe a bit more straighter. Oh well , we'll see how she performs soon. thanks for the info.