PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Shocks and EP specific Tein S. Tech

Black03Si
06-07-2003, 01:56 PM
I went to a peformance shop this morning here in St. Louis and was talking about the suspension for the EP. Not sure if this is known or not, but they told me that Bilstein makes shocks for the EP, but you have to get them from Japan. They said they were around $180 a piece :eek:.

We were also talking about the Tein S. Tech springs and how Tein USA doesn't make them specific to the EP. However, they said they have the EP specific ones imported from Japan and charge $160. Not bad.

If anyone has any questions or wants to talk the shop I went to, here's the info:

Adrenaline Motorsports
(636) 477-9363

Mad02Si
06-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Bilstein making a shock for our car.. Thats new to me I wish they would start selling them over here.

SiR_d1
06-07-2003, 08:58 PM
people keep mentioning how the teins are not ep sepcific, i know because I made 3 threads about it. But the truth is, the teins for the 2001 civic and ep are BEAUTIFUL, ride and drop. I decided to just go for it because the price was good and I have NO REGRETS, I love them. You were like me a few weeks back only I was 10 times worse, read my threads and you'll see.

Anyways, the majority of ep riders are riding with the tein springs, and EVERYONE whwo has them loves them. Usually you read threads about people not liking their springs and end up switching. TEIN S TECH springs are the ONLY ones on all the threads where people choose to keep them over anything else, this says a lot. So if your just trying to decided whether to get them or not just get them and I PROMISE you will not regret it.

BTW the springs that are made for the ep in japan are soft springs, thats not the same

klik
06-08-2003, 07:49 PM
same here i love the Tein set up, i think it went good with the EP