PDA

View Full Version : has anyone installed this shift boot? Mugen, suede

cbecker333
06-08-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm just wondering how this would work with the stock shifter - anybody installed it? I'm worried that the ring at the top of the boot wouldn't match up right with the bottom of the stock shift knob.http://www.inlinefour.com/mugstylsueds.html

dustinhurley
06-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Just to make sure you know, this is NOT a real Mugen product.

cbecker333
06-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I was wondering about that....I did think it was weird that there is an ugly label stitched onto the outside of the boot. I'm kinda thinkin its too expensive for something that wouldn't look as clean as the other options out there.

todaCspec
06-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Just to make sure you know, this is NOT a real Mugen product.

Wow,

Inlinefour actually sells FAKE jdm stuff, then again i think you can only pick that up in Asia. I guess that is way they gave it a big mark-up.

RockEP_SS**
06-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Check out wchan's ride. He got that shift boot in his car.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Civicvtec1ps
06-09-2003, 02:35 PM
i dontkonw about you guys but i like rubber boot on our ep.

cbecker333
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
I kinda like the stock boot too....and now I'm thinking its not worth the price of replacement. Thanks for the input, all - if anybody see's or knows of a red suede boot w/out a stupid white tag or any graphics - and cheaper, let me know.

Suk02Si
06-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

he would have that fake mugen boot, wouldn't he

Suk02Si
06-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

he would have that fake mugen boot, wouldn't he:confused:

dustinhurley
06-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

he would have that fake mugen boot, wouldn't he:confused:

......;)

02TafWhtSi
06-09-2003, 07:16 PM
I have the leather/ red stictched boot from jujeracing and it looks awesome! Here's the link for the ebay auction/buy now (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33703&item=2418852315)

Civicvtec1ps
06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
I have the leather/ red stictched boot from jujeracing and it looks awesome! Here's the link for the ebay auction/buy now (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33703&item=2418852315)
everytime i see that. those looks cheap for some reason. maybe picture is.
hows quality?

cbecker333
06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

I do like that one - especially the price. I may get it, but it looks a little too shiny, especially cus the shifter will get less shiny over time. If i'm gonna get rid of the stock one, its gotta be a big a improvement or it'll look too ricey. Could you post pics of yours? The pic on ebay is a little wimpy...

I got it! The perfect shift boot would be made to look just like our seats, with soft dark suede and the red stiching. I wonder if I could get that made custom?

Civicvtec1ps
06-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333

I do like that one - especially the price. I may get it, but it looks a little too shiny, especially cus the shifter will get less shiny over time. If i'm gonna get rid of the stock one, its gotta be a big a improvement or it'll look too ricey. Could you post pics of yours? The pic on ebay is a little wimpy...

I got it! The perfect shift boot would be made to look just like our seats, with soft dark suede and the red stiching. I wonder if I could get that made custom?
matter a fact. i got one for sale. matches with our stock seats PERFECTLY. same material. check out some pics. im selling it because i just like stock rubber boot. let me know.
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14477
price is 40 SHIPPED.
oh you are at IL. are you going to EP meet on june 21th? if i can make it there.. i can just give to you for 35 bucks. im not sure if i can make it yet because i work usualy on sturday.

cbecker333
06-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Dude I like that boot a lot! it would look better puddled in tho...The thing is I don't really want the ebrake cover if thats included - it looks kinda too much like foreskin. But I'm assuming you'll want to sell both. Maybe I can use pieces of the ebrake cover for my latest crackpot idea: red-stitched rear-view mirror cover :cool:

I wanted to go this weekend but my girl is graduating college saturday so I can't :(

Civicvtec1ps
06-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Dude I like that boot a lot! it would look better puddled in tho...The thing is I don't really want the ebrake cover if thats included - it looks kinda too much like foreskin. But I'm assuming you'll want to sell both. Maybe I can use pieces of the ebrake cover for my latest crackpot idea: red-stitched rear-view mirror cover :cool:

I wanted to go this weekend but my girl is graduating college saturday so I can't :(
let me know if you want them.
brand new. yea i want sell both of them together.
i will ship it out.
:D

cbecker333
06-09-2003, 09:02 PM
need to save money now - but if you have them in 1 month I'll be rich again (paycheck) and will most likely take them.

02TafWhtSi
06-12-2003, 07:32 PM
They sent me the e-brake cover along with the boot but I just tossed it - doesn't look right to me. The leather boot compliments the stock knob very nicely though - both black leather with red stitching. And no, it doesn't look too shiny.

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

everytime i see that. those looks cheap for some reason. maybe picture is.
hows quality?

ouch my feelings are hurt! lol
actually that is my car thats pictured on jujeracing - i gave them my shift pieces and they designed the boot. they have recently come out with a better thicker material that looks way better. i just installed mine 2 weeks ago.

as for the preliminary ebrake boot, yeah it wasnt that great, but now their new ones fit perfectly.

the pics were not that great only because i sent them so big, i should have shrunk them down before sending them to juje.
if you wanna get a set from them, tell them your a friend of Mary Caldwell...you will get a good discount.
and for the money you cant beat it....i get lots of comps on my boot. here are some pics of the new material.

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 02:53 PM
here is the new ebrake design, fits beautifully.

Civicvtec1ps
06-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi

ouch my feelings are hurt! lol
actually that is my car thats pictured on jujeracing - i gave them my shift pieces and they designed the boot. they have recently come out with a better thicker material that looks way better. i just installed mine 2 weeks ago.

as for the preliminary ebrake boot, yeah it wasnt that great, but now their new ones fit perfectly.

the pics were not that great only because i sent them so big, i should have shrunk them down before sending them to juje.
if you wanna get a set from them, tell them your a friend of Mary Caldwell...you will get a good discount.
and for the money you cant beat it....i get lots of comps on my boot. here are some pics of the new material.
ok that looks 100x better than seller posted on ebay.
looks good. i might consider one myself.

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 03:03 PM
the new material they are using is alot nicer than the old one. plus these pics are huge so they show more detail. they are super nice folks.

if enough people are interested, i could get them to do a group buy .....any takers?

Civicvtec1ps
06-15-2003, 03:07 PM
how did you make boot stay up like that? did you use stock rubber boot at all ?

SinisterCivicSi
06-15-2003, 03:15 PM
nah, the stock one is in my basement. they give you full instruction with pics on how to install ....and give you oh what do you call those things, zip ties? well, in that pic i f-ed up my zip tie so that is actually being held with a rubber band that i tied in a knot....i gotta take the time out and fix it properly...but as you can see, its flush. there is a small black plastic piece that clicks into your shift knob, you just secure the boot to that and viola!

and for the ebrake boot, same concept, a zip tie near the end (where the ebrake handle is) and then flip it over and put your console back on. their instructions are much easier to follow than mine! lol

Xandar
08-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I ordered the shift boot from these guys on the 24'th and I havnt heard a word from them... How long did it take you guys to get it, or at least a tracking number? Btw, I can't seem to see any of the pictures... Any ideas why?

SinisterCivicSi
08-03-2003, 12:16 AM
they are usually really good about sending stuff out. if you wanna contact them then do so at Sales@jujeracing.com and its Justin and Jen.

the pics on the thread were erased the last time the site was down...here are my boots again

SinisterCivicSi
08-03-2003, 12:17 AM
ebrake boot

chubbychu
08-03-2003, 12:28 AM
i dont like the ebrake boot at ALLLL i think it looks like a condom....its so gross looking

SinisterCivicSi
08-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
i dont like the ebrake boot at ALLLL i think it looks like a condom....its so gross looking

your entitled to your opinion :)

Xandar
08-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Sinister:
1. Is that real leather?
2. Is that the new and improved materials that you said they are using?
3. Is it just me or does the stiching not match up quite right...

Xandar
08-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Either way, anything is an improvement over the damned stock rubber thing...

SinisterCivicSi
08-03-2003, 09:35 AM
exactly, i hated that rubber shift boot. lol

xander what part of southern maryland are you from? what color ep you got again? i am suprised i havent seen you around.

Civicvtec1ps
08-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
exactly, i hated that rubber shift boot. lol

xander what part of southern maryland are you from? what color ep you got again? i am suprised i havent seen you around.
rubber boot owns!!!

Mugen_EP
08-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

rubber boot owns!!!

JDM rubber boot owns ALL!!:D

civic hatch boi
08-03-2003, 11:51 AM
yeah, sinister's boot and ebrake boot are WHACK... at least the jdm itr boot with red stitching would look alot nicer. and even our stock rubber boot looks MUCH better than that. that one looks cheap and the stitching looks bad.

cbecker333
08-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si

I am of a similar opinion - I think this thing looks EXACTLY like foreskin.

Civicvtec1ps
08-03-2003, 01:36 PM
how about these shift boot
hehe
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18668

CHECK IT
:eek:

civic hatch boi
08-03-2003, 02:41 PM
civicvtec, now those boots look way better. nice clean stitching and more of the TYpe R look.

SinisterCivicSi
08-03-2003, 04:28 PM
and i say again......

your entitled to your opinion. :)

rgGolf4
08-04-2003, 09:27 AM
This is my MOMO Race knob and MOMO alcantara boot. The material is the same as the SI seats, but there is no red stitching. I've also had the DIY suede boot before and the MOMO one is much better..nicer material IMO.

Plus, the MOMO boot is much longer and you're able to tub it like normal boots. I love the look.

http://webpages.charter.net/rggolf4/My%20Civic%20Si/momo-knob2.jpg