PDA

View Full Version : EP3_DC5 - Detroit, MI

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Since my old thread got deleted, I thought I would put another one up. This one will be about my girlfriend's EP3......apparently my RSX is too hideous to be on here?!?!
I got the Progress springs on, along with the Ingalls camber kit exactly a week after we picked the car up. I ordered the suspension the day we got the car. Clear corners are now on.
Within the first hour we had taken off the horrendous side stickers and the CIVIC badge on the back. So as of right now, it's debadged and lowered. JDM Black Chrome headlights are IN!!!

Depending on how much money we will have floating around, might get some wheels, or engine mods soon, not sure yet.
I'll put some before and after pics or something.....

Mods on the RSX-S: AEM cold air intake, Invidia GT300 full polished SS catback exhaust, Hondata intake manifold gasket, Revotechnica short shifter, Capyoda shifter bushings, Hondata #4 ECU reflash (8600RPM redline), ES motor mount inserts, Comptech Sport springs, Ingalls camber kit, 18" X 7.5 5Zigen FN01R-C bronze wheels with 225/45/18 Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position rubber, JDM shiftboot, DIY blackout headlights (JDM HID headlights in my garage), redout taillights, shaved hatch, tints, Clarion AutoPC hu, 2 sets of Alpine Type R components, Alpine MRV-F540 amp, Infinity Basslink sub..... (sold my old custom stereo setup for weight savings). More stuff that I can't remember right now prolly as well. SPOON DRAIN BOLTS just in!!!

EDIT: JDM headlights are on!!! THERE ARE A FEW NEW PICS UP.

PIC #1

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 09:49 PM
after the drop and sticker removal.......
PIC #2

golferjn
06-08-2003, 09:50 PM
nice cars

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 09:59 PM
NEW JDM HEADLIGHTS!
PIC #3

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 10:00 PM
the garage........
PIC #4

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 10:09 PM
NEW PIC.............

PIC #5

icegrill
06-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Whats with the porsche?:eek:

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
Whats with the porsche?:eek:

what do you mean? what's wrong with it?:o

SiR_d1
06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
it means who cares about the ep3, talk about the porche:D

EP3_DC5
06-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
it means who cares about the ep3, talk about the porche:D

Um, it's quick, it's pretty, handles great............does everything it's intended to very well. Basically it tickles my fancy! lol:D

kcx23
06-09-2003, 12:07 PM
how dark is the tint on the red rsx?

EP3_DC5
06-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by kcx23
how dark is the tint on the red rsx?

35 % front, 20 % rear, 7 % back

RacingCivicSi02
06-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Nice car. My brother has those 5zigens on his matrix. Those rims are awesome.

EP3_DC5
06-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
Nice car. My brother has those 5zigens on his matrix. Those rims are awesome.

Yeh I like them as well! Does he have the bronze ones? They are pretty rare from what I've seen so far.

IceD out N CALI
06-09-2003, 02:05 PM
nice rides

RacingCivicSi02
06-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5

Yeh I like them as well! Does he have the bronze ones? They are pretty rare from what I've seen so far.

He has Hyperblack. He was suppose to get bronze. but they were out of stock. Yea its pretty rare.

02TafWhtSi
06-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Now, thats a Boxster I'm assuming but the question is: base or "S" version. My Dad has the S and it flies! Handles so neutral you feel like it has no limit in grip - esp. with the OEM suspension upgrade and the optional 18's. Also, what year is it? I believe the 03's had a small power increase and new head and taillights.

EP3_DC5
06-10-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Now, thats a Boxster I'm assuming but the question is: base or "S" version. My Dad has the S and it flies! Handles so neutral you feel like it has no limit in grip - esp. with the OEM suspension upgrade and the optional 18's. Also, what year is it? I believe the 03's had a small power increase and new head and taillights.

my Mom's 2002 Boxster. Sports Package, Luxury package and some other options... It's stick too, not too bad for a woman ai?:D Every car my Mom has ever owned has been stick. I think that it's pretty cool. I told her to get the S, but she doesnt' drive quickly enough to appreciate it, so it would have been a waste of money for her.

YooShin
06-10-2003, 07:14 AM
This is perfect: Since you have experience driving all three cars, my question is, how do the Progress Springs feel? I change my mind every day bouncing from Tein, to Progress, Sportline etc.... Basically I'm looking for a nice clean 1.5" drop that leaves the ride feeling stock if not a little more stiffer. It looks like the front might even be a littel lower than the front which I like. It's really hard to compare and see how springs look on so many EPs, most with tire and rim sizes that deviate from the OEM giving about every one on the web a different look.

BlackNRedSi
06-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Very Nice drop! buy your girl the type r wing replica...she'll love you for it! :)

other than that, NICE nice! i like!

Eric

GOD i need to drop my EP! Thats it im doin it this weekend, i will go with the progress springs!

EP3_DC5
06-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
This is perfect: Since you have experience driving all three cars, my question is, how do the Progress Springs feel? I change my mind every day bouncing from Tein, to Progress, Sportline etc.... Basically I'm looking for a nice clean 1.5" drop that leaves the ride feeling stock if not a little more stiffer. It looks like the front might even be a littel lower than the front which I like. It's really hard to compare and see how springs look on so many EPs, most with tire and rim sizes that deviate from the OEM giving about every one on the web a different look.

The Progress so far feels pretty nice. I know that after a few months it's gonna be bouncy as will ANY OTHER SPRING without the combination of a good aftermarket shock. The drop seems pretty even to me, maybe a tad lower in the front which looks hot as hell, giving the car a raked profile. For the price of the Progress, you can't go wrong. When you install them make sure you grease everything up well and use the isolators, and there will be no squeaks. When I was installing them, I greased everything up very well and thoroughly and there has been no squeaking at all.

EP3_DC5
06-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
Very Nice drop! buy your girl the type r wing replica...she'll love you for it! :)

other than that, NICE nice! i like!

Eric

GOD i need to drop my EP! Thats it im doin it this weekend, i will go with the progress springs!

I have a lot more stuff to get before the wing.....and when I asked her about it, she didn't really like it that much.....?! After the kit will go on, I will just put it on anyways, as she prolly won't even notice. lol
Good choice with the Progress springs, I'm happy with the drop. When you install the springs like I said in my previous post grease everything up to avoid squeaking like a lot of people on this board. White Lithium Grease is what I used.

EP3_DC5
06-10-2003, 01:17 PM
UPDATE: Got the clear corners on last night!!! They look great IMO on a white car. Picture of the clear corners will replace the first stock picture...... I"m sure noone will complain. lol

tony speed
06-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
It looks like the front might even be a littel lower than the front which I like.

Funny enough, I got 17" rims and now i can tell that the front is lower than the rear even with stock springs/shocks. Helps with aerodynamics

Tansi
06-12-2003, 06:45 PM
I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself since the thread is about my car. My boyfriend (EP3_DC5) convinced me that you guys are gentle with the newbies ;) so I thought I'd give this a shot. Thanks for the positive feedback so far!

TravisEP3
06-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Heh - I find it amusing that since the RSX thread got jacked you snuck some pictures of your RSX in with the EP3. :) Pretty smooth. Nice looking cars though.

I gotta agree that the clear lenses look sweet on the white Ep's. I love mine.

Welcome aboard TanSi!

EP3_DC5
06-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by TravisEP3
Heh - I find it amusing that since the RSX thread got jacked you snuck some pictures of your RSX in with the EP3. :) Pretty smooth. Nice looking cars though.

I gotta agree that the clear lenses look sweet on the white Ep's. I love mine.

Welcome aboard TanSi!

HEHEHEHE......." I am so berry berry thneaky thir!!"
Thanks!

Emir
06-12-2003, 11:30 PM
:D Nice Cars!!! just one question though, what do you mean by "greasing" ? greasing what? after you install the springs? well that's it for now ( just curious) thanks ..:D

EP3_DC5
06-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Emir
:D Nice Cars!!! just one question though, what do you mean by "greasing" ? greasing what? after you install the springs? well that's it for now ( just curious) thanks ..:D

White Lithium Grease, use it on the spring perches.....basically anywhere the spring will touch and the top mounts......here is a pic of what I mean, the areas in yellow need grease.

This is after you have the stock spring out and before you put the new one on. Sorry about the awful yellow stuff. hehe:D You get the idea though.

EDIT: another thing, make sure you use the spring isolators, the long black one that came stock with the springs and/or if the spring comes with any extra isolators. The Progress springs did come with isolators.

Tansi
06-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Just finished hooking up the new JDM black chrome headlights this afternoon with my boyfriend (EP3_DC5). I was undecided at first whether or not I wanted to keep em, but once I saw them on the car the difference was definitely noticeable. It's a subtle change, but I think it looks pretty good. I updated the pics at the beginning of the thread...what do you guys think?

EPHatchgirl
06-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Tansi- welcome to the site- nice to see another lady on the board! Car looks great so far- keep up the good work!!

I miss the RSX- I wanna see those pics...:'(

Tansi
06-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
Tansi- welcome to the site- nice to see another lady on the board! Car looks great so far- keep up the good work!!

I miss the RSX- I wanna see those pics...:'(

Thanks for the warm welcome hatchgirl. I'm happy to chalk one up for the ladies ;) My car's got a long way to go, but I'm having an awesome time with it. I don't think I would have been happier with anything else....in my price range anyway, lol.

Rey
09-24-2003, 09:19 PM
How come I don't see any pics?:(

Civicvtec1ps
09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Rey
How come I don't see any pics?:(
because site server went down while ago. need to repost them
:cool: