PDA

View Full Version : Cat-back Group Buy!!!

DrPimpSiR
08-16-2002, 08:15 PM
I arranged a group buy for us.
Here are the part # with the description.
S4098..........full bolt on cat back with single 4.5"stubby tip.
S4099......... bolt on axle back with single 4.5"stubby tip.
S4100..........full bolt on cat back with dual muffler with dual tips.
S4101..........bolt on axle back with dual muffler with dual tips.

The S4098 retails for $469.69......... This will group buy at $299.55
The S4099 retails for $329.77..........This will group buy at $210.32
The S4100 retails for $570.20..........This will group buy at $363.65
The S4101 retails for $433.19..........This will group buy at $276.27

Anyone interested, get back to me and I'll finalize the deal with MBRP.
DrPimp.

SmoothOperator
08-16-2002, 08:20 PM
How much (In Canadian funds) for the single tipped cat back???
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=11921

*edit* I fixed your link for you.....
original thread (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1238)

CgSi
08-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Will they ship to the U.S. ?
What brands are they?

-interested-

MPgrunt81
08-16-2002, 10:15 PM
If I can view a dyno you'll sell one... if not more.

2k2civicSi
08-16-2002, 10:47 PM
i want the single tip one the amount is usd right i want the cat back where do i send payment

how does it sound??

DrPimpSiR
08-17-2002, 07:20 AM
Here is the proper link to the full thread:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1238
This is for the system made by MBRP. They are a fairly new company that produces all its own exhaust parts for its system.
I am in no way connected to their company, but I found them when looking for a canadian distributor for cat-backs. They have an excellent set-up in their factory, and all the guys there are cool. I am getting my system at a good price because my car was the prototype. I don't have a dyno sheet, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one- I live in the boonies.
I can tell you that it's mandrel-bent, all stainless (even inside the muffler and resonator) and it's a straight through design. I would say it's comparable if not better and cheaper than Thermal or any other cat-back system.
These are the prices in US$. I'll get in contact with the company to find out the final shipping cost etc.
I'm just getting the # of people interested, for now.

Scorpion
08-17-2002, 07:27 AM
I'm interested in a full duel tip

smokincivic
08-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Extrmely interested in the dual muffler dual tip are the tips angled upward or do they come straight out

wu343
08-17-2002, 10:02 AM
I am very interested but I would like to see a few more Pics of the exhaust and not just the tips.

02blksi
08-17-2002, 10:13 AM
very intrested more pics also, I would like to know when these prices will be in effect - thanks --joe

wu343
08-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Go here and click the "sound" link to here what the MBRP Exhaust
sounds like on a 97-00 Tiburon. I know its not a Honda but at least you can tell if the company can make an exhaust sound ok.

http://www.speedstate.com/Hyundai_Section/Hyundai-Product_Review/Hyu-MBRP_Review/hyu-mbrp_review.html

SmoothOperator
08-17-2002, 01:07 PM
I just e-mailed MBRP directly. Figured since I'm in Ontario I'd just contact them myself. They'll hopefully get back to me Monday.
I worked out that $299.55 U.S. equals $467.03 Canadian.
That's a pretty sweet deal on a full catback exhaust if you ask me!!!
I really can't afford it at the moment....but I can't pass up a deal like that...plus that's what credit cards are for! ;)

DrPimpSiR
08-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Check out their import page:
http://www.mbrp.com/MBRP%20B/auto.html

Here's all the pics I could get:

DrPimpSiR
08-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Single tip:

2k2civicSi
08-17-2002, 02:53 PM
when i email them do i just tell him im from ephatch with the group buy or what?

Brenetics
08-17-2002, 07:42 PM
I'm down.....

DrPimpSiR
08-17-2002, 07:47 PM
Martin, the owner of MBRP is going to get back to me on monday as to when and how this buy is going to work. If you do email them directly, ensure you tell them you are ordering the system from the group buy, and that Paul sent you. But, we will have the full details monday night.

Brenetics
08-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Cool

CgSi
08-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Interested in dual tips..either axle back or cat-back

HondaMan
08-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Thanks for making the deal for us...I'm down for the dual tip full cat-back...I would really like to hear them before plopping down $300...I got to go find some stuff to sell on eBay now to pay for it...hehe!

DrPimpSiR
08-18-2002, 06:46 AM
Here's a link to their Focus page with sounds and pics.
Click on the Focus icon at bottom right.
http://www.mbrp.com/MBRP%20B/auto.html
This system does really good for them, Focus owners snap this up. We all know that they want to replace their Motorcraft crap parts with high quality stuff, so...

SpacemanSpiff
08-18-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm in for the dual tip cat-back. How much is shipping on an exhaust usually???

David K.
08-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Definately interested in the single tip setup. Great price. Let us know ASAP!!! Thanks!!!!

SpacemanSpiff
08-19-2002, 12:10 PM
If you do a search on Focaljet.com you will find all sorts of nice things said about the MBRP exhausts. They seem to be very well regarded by the Focus folks. Their truck exhausts also seem to be pretty popular.
My conclusion after an hour of searching is that they seem to be great to work with and they have a great product.

Any updates!?!?!?:) :) :)

SmoothOperator
08-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I was hoping to get a response today but nothing!! d'oh!

DrPimpSiR
08-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Sorry for the long wait everyone!
Here is the email I got from MBRP:

Hi Paul
With this group buy we will need a minimum of ten people ready to purchase in order to get these aggressive prices. Each part number will count as a purchase. A cat back is one, an axle back is one. We also need to let the forum know that the full cat back in the dual form will be a very aggressive exhaust note.
Members can call us toll free at 1-888-636-7223 to place their orders. Please tell the sales desk that this is through the group buy or you will not receive the group discount.
Orders will be paid with credit cards we accept all cards except Discover.
No orders will be shipped until all ten orders are placed and paid for.
We will accept and encourage more to participate in this buy, there is no max limit.
Please be aware this is a one time offer we will not have a another Group buy on this vehicle as we will be setting up dealers and distributors with this product after this sale.
The absolute latest date to order will be Friday August 30th at 5 PM est.
Shipping will run $30.00 for all shipments.
There will be no taxes charged on US sales. Total price to the door will be product price plus shipping.
MBRP inc will ship these units ordered late in the week of Sept 2 as well as early in the week of Sept 9th.
The orders will be shipped in order of placement / payment.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Martin Barkey
MBRPinc
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com

OrganDonar 8=D
08-19-2002, 05:27 PM
count me in as interested in a cat-back system. tell them to get a sound clip up for it so we can hear and decide

DrPimpSiR
08-19-2002, 05:29 PM
I'll add this, I'm sure Canadian orders will add GST and Ontario PST. But be sure to get it straight when you order.
If you have any other questions, the sales people will be able to help.
Just by my count, there was over 10 people interested.
Let's get a final roll-call before orders are placed.

HondaMan
08-19-2002, 05:59 PM
We also need to let the forum know that the full cat back in the dual form will be a very aggressive exhaust note.

Hmmm...maybe I should get the single form exhaust. I don't want anything major loud...then again that might be ultra cool! :confused:

We need sound clips! :)

02-sir
08-19-2002, 06:01 PM
We also need to let the forum know that the full cat back in the dual form will be a very aggressive exhaust note.

Why is this? what's the difference between the two systems?

DrPimpSiR
08-19-2002, 06:20 PM
The single tip is comprised of a large canister type muffler, it has a lot of sound deadening material in it.

DrPimpSiR
08-19-2002, 06:22 PM
The twin is comprised of two smaller mufflers coming from a Y split in. It's louder, but I know Martin won't let it leave the factory if it is unbearably so.

2k2civicSi
08-19-2002, 06:30 PM
hey can you get some picks of the system not installed or more pics on the car

SmoothOperator
08-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Okay let's figure out who's in for sure!

I'll start off a list...just copy it and add your name if you want one.

1) SmoothOperator

SpacemanSpiff
08-19-2002, 07:41 PM
1) SmoothOperator
2) SpacemanSpiff - Now I just have to decide between the better looking (IMO) dual or the quieter single. I wonder what he means by aggressive? Loud at WOT or loud cruising on the interstate @ 70???:confused:

DrPimpSiR
08-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Let's get our numbers in!

SmoothOperator
08-20-2002, 07:43 PM
No doubt!! c'mon people!!! I want one of these bad boys!!

2k2civicSi
08-20-2002, 07:57 PM
1) SmoothOperator
2) SpacemanSpiff
3)2k2civicsi

xlr8
08-20-2002, 08:02 PM
you started this right after i bought my thermal. damn it

Brenetics
08-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Thanks, but I'll pass if it's not completely stainless.

HondaMan
08-20-2002, 11:14 PM
1) SmoothOperator
2) SpacemanSpiff
3) 2k2civicsi
4) HondaMan

I think the quieter single cat-back is the way to go even though I don't like the looks as much...not to mention it is cheaper. :)

SpacemanSpiff
08-21-2002, 01:32 PM
OK folks, hurry up and ask your wives for permission!:D

DrPimpSiR
08-21-2002, 07:50 PM
I don't think that a steel flange will effect the life of the exhaust at all. Most systems come with steel flanges and they do alright. I had a Monza painted steel mid-pipe on my Ford Probe that lasted 4 years and had steel flanges. When it came time to replace it (all rusted and full of holes) the flanges were still solid and had plenty of life left.
I'm sure your car will rust out and die before a flange does.

Originally posted by Brenetics
Thanks, but I'll pass if it's not completely stainless.
I sent off the concerns about the flanges to Martin. Here is the reply:
The e-mail is correct we do not use stainless steel flanges on any of our manufactured systems. We did start out using stainless but it was just to hard to keep up with all the other companies out there that did not use stainless and had a less expensive price to the end consumer. Welcome to the real world.

Please keep in mind that we sold MAX 100 units, likely less with this set-up. The balance of our sales( 2 years plus) have all been just as I have offered you and the Forum. I don't intend to point the finger at all the companies that do not offer stainless flanges( I don't work that way) but I bet that you would be very surprised to find out just who manufactures the same way as we here at MBRPinc .

We manufacture for companies who handle Audi,Porsche,PT Cruiser, Cadillac........... etc, no stainless flanges. Are you getting a lesser quality system than if you were to purchase from other leaders in the exhaust aftermarket? NO WAY. I can tell you that our Focus following is great and our sales are very strong with the Focus forums. This flange post you are making reference to, was posted early in the beginning stages of MBRPinc. We would not be where we are today if this was a detrimental issue to our exhaust manufacturing process. I assure you and the forum that the systems that leave our facility are quality products that are backed by our NO B.S. warranty, if it breaks,falls apart, etc just give us a call and we will look after the client. We have looked after our customers in the past with a very professional attitude and we will continue this for many years to come for our future customers.

I see that "Brenetics" has chosen to pass on the exhaust at this time, that's too bad. I'm sure they would have found our system a great addition to their ride.
Paul please feel free to contact me with any questions you or the forum members have. I look forward to working with you and those people who purchase through this Group Buy.
Thanks.

Martin Barkey
MBRPinc
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com

sammysir
08-21-2002, 09:00 PM
id take the dual tip for sure if i could here how "Agreesive" it sounds but still would be interested in the single tip if the can was actually horizontal to the road surface and not on a downward angle like this - /

anychance of getting osme better pics of the single tip?

MPgrunt81
08-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Again, I would really like to hear some HP numbers. This is more important to me than sound or looks. (although I'm not into loud exhaust). Thanks.

nikkotyper
08-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MPgrunt81
Again, I would really like to hear some HP numbers. This is more important to me than sound or looks. (although I'm not into loud exhaust). Thanks.

Sure. I might be interested. However, I need some empirical verifiable data (ie. dyno chart.)

2k2civicSi
08-21-2002, 09:42 PM
ok im still in i it this fri that the orders have to be in man are we gona have 10 people ill be blown if we dont

MPgrunt81
08-21-2002, 10:22 PM
SHOW ME THE DYNO!!!.. I think it would really help your cause if you (or the person we're dealing with) gave us a dyno. Go is more important than show.

2k2civicSi
08-21-2002, 10:48 PM
i dont have a dyno but exhoust is pretty much an exhoust give or take 1 or 2 hp there is no huge jump in any one exhoust

2k2civicSi
08-21-2002, 10:49 PM
drpimp there is no way to get any kinda od small extention on the end date or is it set in stone???ill be blown if we dont get 10 peeps

DrPimpSiR
08-22-2002, 05:29 AM
How many do we have now?

MPgrunt81
08-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
i dont have a dyno but exhoust is pretty much an exhoust give or take 1 or 2 hp there is no huge jump in any one exhoust
To some people one or two HP will make the difference on wether or not they buy that exhaust. What is the purpose to buy an exhaust? For me it is HP. So if a company won't show me the dyno results then I start to wonder about the product. Do you expect me to believe that this company has not dyno'ed their exhaust. I bet they have. Obviously the results were'nt that great otherwise I would have been shown a dyno. So what this is telling me that looks and sound are more important than power gains to said company. Count me out.

2k2civicSi
08-22-2002, 08:23 PM
we have 4 can he extend the dead line by like a week
maybe???
has any one placed there order
im gona call first thing tomarrow

sammysir
08-22-2002, 09:05 PM
jesus christ any one gonna respond to the dyno chart? seems everyones dancing around it. I emailed the guy about some concerns of mine with the product and have had no reply theres no way that i will even consider buying it until questions are answered about the product and its HP potential if im gonna spend 600 canadian to get it and it lacks power worse yet degrads stock hp (which is damn very possible) i would much rather wait till the spring and get an apex'i or greddy system which have proven potential. So guys don't get suckered in to this deadline thing.............. WAIT till you get the answers your looking for

sammysir
08-22-2002, 09:08 PM
and 1 to 2 hp is huge for a car that only has about 160 to the fly wheel. BTW no exhausts you can't compare u could throw on a ractive exhaust on your car and it would look cool. But how cool would you feel saying "yah dude i got a ractive can thats making ton's of noise and stealing all my hp, right on" Sorry when it comes to performance products i get only the best.

sammysir
08-22-2002, 09:13 PM
ttt

HondaMan
08-22-2002, 09:21 PM
I'm rethinking getting it after all. Dyno results and sounds clips are important! Also, according to the new Honda Tuning Mag we have pretty good exhaust and only about 6 hp max (3 hp average) can be gained from a cat-back exhaust. Of course, that was on a K20A2/RSX engine but more than likely very close to what ours would be.

SIborland
08-23-2002, 09:45 AM
I'm down for this buy...but only if we can get 10 and its not looking too good. See if they will let us slide if we can get other people to purchase exhausts for other cars. PM me if you can still get the deal.

SpacemanSpiff
08-23-2002, 09:46 AM
I'm still in assuming it goes through.

MadMax
08-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Also, according to the new Honda Tuning Mag we have pretty good exhaust and only about 6 hp max (3 hp average) can be gained from a cat-back exhaust. Of course, that was on a K20A2/RSX engine but more than likely very close to what ours would be.

The RSX-S is a different engine and different exhaust. The stock mid-pipe is 2" and I think the muffler is fairly decent.

From what I've heard, the civic has a very skinny mid-pipe and a decent muffler.
And, from personal experience, I know the base RSX has a 1.75" mid-pipe and a very quiet/restrictive muffler.
Magnaflow advertises +8 hp and +10 tq with their RSX cat-back. The advertised numbers are lower for Magnaflow's RSX TypeS cat-back because there is less room for improvement.

HondaMan
08-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MadMax

The RSX-S is a different engine and different exhaust. The stock mid-pipe is 2" and I think the muffler is fairly decent.

From what I've heard, the civic has a very skinny mid-pipe and a decent muffler.
And, from personal experience, I know the base RSX has a 1.75" mid-pipe and a very quiet/restrictive muffler.
Magnaflow advertises +8 hp and +10 tq with their RSX cat-back. The advertised numbers are lower for Magnaflow's RSX TypeS cat-back because there is less room for improvement.

This is probably true, so we might see a little more improvement than the RSX Type-S. Like I said they are close.

SLOlife
08-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the stock and aftermarket cat-back next to each other?

SmoothOperator
08-23-2002, 12:18 PM
I'm not calling in to order, until we get 10 people on that list.

MPgrunt81
08-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Good luck getting 10 people to order when you show one picture and won't give dyno's or even sound clips. This all sounds pretty shady to me. I will definetley be waiting with sammysir for something from apexi or greddy. Just because your the first doesn't mean your the best.

SmoothOperator
08-23-2002, 01:02 PM
I dunno...MBRP seems like a reputable company. They already have a following among Focus owners. I have a feeling they're a reputable company.
Perhaps they don't have any sound clips or Dyno charts because they used DrPimps EP to make the prototype.
DrPimp...Have you heard from them at all? perhaps you should call and offer to use your car for sound and dynos. Just a thought.

HondaMan
08-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I dunno...MBRP seems like a reputable company. They already have a following among Focus owners. I have a feeling they're a reputable company.
Perhaps they don't have any sound clips or Dyno charts because they used DrPimps EP to make the prototype.
DrPimp...Have you heard from them at all? perhaps you should call and offer to use your car for sound and dynos. Just a thought.

Good idea, see what you can do for us Dr.Pimp.

DrPimpSiR
08-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Well I've been in contact with Martin the whole time, and I'll tell you that they are a reputable company. I've been to their shop, and it isn't out of some guy's garage using a crush type pipe bender and an arc welder. I'm going in on Aug 30 to have my system installed. I'll see about dyno/sound clips etc then. This is the production piece. I don't know why there is a deadline to the group-buy, but I bet it has something to do with not pissing off his distribtors.
I emailed Martin about the HP and Torque #'s of other sytems to compare, but I haven't received anything back yet. There are no numbers for our car, because my car was used as the prototype, this process took all day to get the bends correct, and to ensure a good fit with both mufflers. I live 2 hrs away from the shop, so I can't just drop in to see how it sounds now/tomorrow. This is the reason that there is only two pics.
There is no scam going on. This is the system that will be sold through distributors all over. The reason that it's being offered at almost cost is so that the company's name can get out there. Don't buy the system if you don't want to. It's not going to effect me one bit, I still get my system. I just created a group buy to help out all of you, and to pass some business to a good guy.
1-2 hp makes no difference.(period.) You could supersize your BigMac combo and loose the gains 1-2hp makes with the extra weight gain. K&N state that their drop-in filters gain 1-2hp over stock, and I was never able to tell.
BTW-I can understand that you'd like to see a dyno, I'd like to see it too. But, I don't think that it's going to make a huge gain in any system no matter who manufactures it. I'm getting this system bec of the fact that it's stainless, mandrel bent, and doesn't cost $600.

SmoothOperator
08-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Besides, with Greddy and Apex'i you do get a great product. But, part of the cost is simply for the name. I'm not interested in name brands...just quality product.

HondaMan
08-23-2002, 03:50 PM
I believe they are a good company/product and the price is hard to pass up...I'm still going to do it, if 10 peeps get into the deal in time.

HondaMan
08-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Besides, with Greddy and Apex'i you do get a great product. But, part of the cost is simply for the name. I'm not interested in name brands...just quality product.

AMEN! :D

2k2civicSi
08-23-2002, 08:09 PM
i want mine too but is the dead line already over

David K.
08-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Since everyone is so wishy-washy on the cat-back, how about trying to arrange a group buy on just the mid-pipe? DrPimpSiR: in your original post regarding this company you stated that they would sell complete kits or components. I would definately be in on a group buy for a 2.5" mandrel bent mid-pipe! Anyone else?

DrPimpSiR
08-24-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by David K.
Since everyone is so wishy-washy on the cat-back, how about trying to arrange a group buy on just the mid-pipe? DrPimpSiR: in your original post regarding this company you stated that they would sell complete kits or components. I would definately be in on a group buy for a 2.5" mandrel bent mid-pipe! Anyone else?
All I can say is email MBRP and ask.
info@mbrp.com
Mention that you are from the forum and would like to know if there is a discount for the mid as well.

DynaSpeed
08-24-2002, 07:07 AM
i want mine too but is the dead line already over:confused: I thought the understanding was the 30th?? I'm pretty sure I'm down for the single-tip full cat-back. I would just feel lots better if I "actually" saw gains on a dyno. And the actual sound of the exhaust on an Ep wouldn't hurt either.

2k2civicSi
08-25-2002, 02:39 PM
any news????

2k2civicSi
08-25-2002, 07:20 PM
so we have 5 to go right?

DrPimpSiR
08-28-2002, 01:28 PM
I don't think this group-buy is going to go on. If you seriously want a system PM me, and I'll give you info about a deal on them.
Dyno or not it's still a quality piece.

SmoothOperator
08-28-2002, 02:07 PM
I'm going to call and order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the e-mail DrPimp. I think I'm getting a killer deal on this exhaust. Especially considering I'm only paying $450 Canadian. It would cost me $300 just for a mandrel bent midpipe. So all in all...I consider this a bargain!

2k2civicSi
08-28-2002, 02:18 PM
i just called to order mine the dude was really cool

SmoothOperator
08-28-2002, 02:23 PM
2k2civicSi,
Which one are you getting? The single tip catback exhaust? or the Dual tipped exhaust?

I'm definately getting the single tipped one! Woohoo!!!

SpacemanSpiff
08-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Woohoo, just called to order mine. Ordered the dual muffler full cat-back!

Now I just have to tell the wife! It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!:)

SmoothOperator
08-29-2002, 12:39 PM
I just ordered mine too!!!! I can't friggin wait to slap that baby on!! It's gonna sound MEAN! Finally!!!

2k2civicSi
08-29-2002, 02:05 PM
i got the 4.5in stubby i woulda got the twin but i dont like the trumpit tip look

66elwood99
09-01-2002, 06:16 AM
I was out of town and missed the deadline. I'm going to call on Monday (holiday) or Tuesday and see if I can still get the same deal. I'll let you all know if it still is available!

2k2civicSi
09-02-2002, 12:28 PM
has any one goten theres yet my crossed the border of us canada on sat is should be here soon cant wait!!!

SmoothOperator
09-02-2002, 12:37 PM
When I ordered mine, they said it'd be about 1 and a half weeks. This wait is gonna kill me!
I have a question about installation though. Maybe somebody can enlighten me. Are there going to be any sensors I'm going to have to move or re-attach?

David K.
09-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Should not be any sensors or connections that you have to remove or alter. It will bolt up behind the cat. and replace the pipe and muffler, nothing else.

DrPimpSiR
09-02-2002, 07:36 PM
I got mine installed on Friday!!! Sorry it was the long weekend...
I took the 4.5" tip, full cat-back - cool look with excellent sound!
I too wanted the dual, but for me it was too aggressive, not overpowering, but just THERE. (I don't want to say that I'm getting old, but...)
It can be very mellow and almost seem like stock when you baby the throttle, but under full load it roars like a grizzly. Actual throttle response is super tight now, there is no stumble when I 'blip' the throttle from idle anymore. The car seems to be more powerful now, I'll have to get to a dyno sometime. Does anyone know where there is one in Ontario?
I post pics when I get the loan of a digi again.

SmoothOperator
09-02-2002, 07:43 PM
SWEET!!! Man I can't wait to get mine on!! DrPimp, what other mods do you have? Air intake? headers? Just curious what I should expect from JUST the exhaust. CAI will be my next step.

*edit* sorry just read your signiture. I see that you have the intake too. SHIT man I'm jonesin!! I'm assuming the headers will be next for you??? Hurry with those pics!

2k2civicSi
09-02-2002, 07:58 PM
yeah cant wait to see the pics smooth when you get your witch will prolly be before me being that your in canada tell me how the install goes assuming your doing it

drpimp does it look like the tip clears the bumper far enuf not to melt it from the heat i had the problom from a greddy evo on my teg but i didnt use the greddy hangers

DanSI
09-02-2002, 08:04 PM
ok i just opened the thread can someone fill me in on whats going on!

2k2civicSi
09-02-2002, 08:22 PM
there was a group buy but its closed now as of the 30th on an mbrp exhaust full cat back 299 great deal

SmoothOperator
09-02-2002, 08:25 PM
ok i just opened the thread can someone fill me in on whats going on!

Can you read?!

DanSI
09-02-2002, 08:26 PM
oh darn

DrPimpSiR
09-02-2002, 08:27 PM

drpimp does it look like the tip clears the bumper far enuf not to melt it from the heat i had the problom from a greddy evo on my teg but i didnt use the greddy hangers
Yah, there's about 3/4" between the two using the stock hangers.
It should be an easy install for DIY. Just make sure you use ramps or Jackstands when under the car- Safety first. It's only three bolts at the Cat and two to separate the mid from the muffler. I'd say all done in 45 mins, max. When you do put it on, leave all bolts finger tight until it's all ligned up have someone hold the tip in the right spot, ensure the bend is clear of the sway bar and tighten all bolts/clamps.
Too easy!!

2k2civicSi
09-02-2002, 08:32 PM
when you say stock hangers are you talking about the ones that come on them mbrp or the ones on the stock pipe

DrPimpSiR
09-02-2002, 08:46 PM
when you say stock hangers are you talking about the ones that come on them mbrp or the ones on the stock pipe
I mean the rubber ones that hang from the floor panels.

2k2civicSi
09-02-2002, 08:48 PM
oooooo ok i see
thanks for the info

66elwood99
09-03-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by 66elwood99
I was out of town and missed the deadline. I'm going to call on Monday (holiday) or Tuesday and see if I can still get the same deal. I'll let you all know if it still is available!

Got it, :D I called Tuesday morning and related to the very nice women there that I was working a 12 hour shift on Friday and missed the deadline. She said no problem and I got the group buy price! She said that they will be shipped next week. Now must be patient

SpacemanSpiff
09-03-2002, 06:57 AM
Can't wait for this thing to arrive! I just got under the car this weekend to do an oil change and looked at the exhaust, can't wait to put the new one on. That mid pipe is so narrow.

sammysir
09-04-2002, 10:23 AM
well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models just got an email from Martin at MRP that said there still working on the issues with the exhaust and haven't completing the fitment or sound issues. email read as is. Seams you guys should of waited like i advised

Sorry for the delay.

We are working on the final fit and sound issues on the 2002 SiR right now, we are trying to have this project finished today before the day's end.I will have db #'s for you as well as any added info for the first of next week.The single can does point down slightly yet not as it looks on the forum photo's
Give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 and I can give you all the details.

Thanks

Martin Barkey
MBRPinc
1-888-636-7223
www.mbrp.com

DrPimpSiR
09-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by sammysir
well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models just got an email from Martin at MRP that said there still working on the issues with the exhaust and haven't completing the fitment or sound issues. email read as is. Seams you guys should of waited like i advised

Dude,
I getting tired of people slagging this system, and people who claim to have better taste than other's slagging shit in general!
I am the only one to get an R&D system. My car was used as the prototype, and the fittment issues, blah blah, were being conducted on my car. I've got a completed system. Anyone who ordered already is getting a completed system. Not for R&D. There is still a full 5 year warranty etc.
Like I said before - if you don't want one, don't fucking get one.
Sammysir go out and buy whatever you want be it comptech, DC or Ractive. It doesnt matter to me, I got my whole system with warranty for less than the cost of a custom bend, and less than half of a Thermal.

sammysir
09-04-2002, 12:26 PM
well thats great for you. :D I can comment on anything I want and I believe it's my responsibility as a member of this forum and a respectable owner of a new 02 SiR that these cars deserve the best quality products around. Just as i would voice my concerns about any product for the car. To me the money issue you talk means absolutely nothing could care less if its half or double. I get mostly anything I want for my vehicles for 5% above cost. And what happens when a new cars comes out with new products people are impatient and want whatever is there. Personally I have nothing bad to say about the MBRP system. since i have not seen nor heard anything about it which is my whole reason im skeptical. Just like i would't by a turbo kit for my car if i didn't have any specs on it. I might still consider this sytem but i would rather wait and spend more money and find out how "quality" it is. From the pics the fitment of the single tip looks like a Del Monte can facing the ground. I don't want a ricey looking angled race can. the dual tip would be much better as straight cut tip instead of the trumpets. But until I see dyno, and some addressing on the noise (ill call it farting) issue im keeping it to the OE setup. My 2 cents and noone has to like it.

Cheers

SmoothOperator
09-04-2002, 12:31 PM
well guys looks you guys got "r&d" models

We are working on the final fit and sound issues on the 2002 SiR right now, we are trying to have this project finished today before the day's end

Well we've all been told that they'd be shipped later this week. So I don't think we're getting "r&d" models, considering they'll have any issues cleared by the end of today.

SpacemanSpiff
09-06-2002, 06:29 AM
Some Questions:
Anyone know how MBRP is shipping the exhausts?
Are tracking numbers available so we can keep up with the status of our shipment?

Mr. Orange
09-08-2002, 07:58 PM
I realize that the cut-off date has passed, but I am still interested. Can I still get in the group buy? I would like to purchase the top of the line exhaust system. The one with the dual tips. Please let me know. Thank you.

SmoothOperator
09-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Does anybody know when we should expect them??? This wait is driving me nuts!

SpacemanSpiff
09-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Well, you're in Canada, so you should see yours before I get mine...
Hopefully US Customs won't hold it up too bad, but this being the week of Sept 11 I am sorta worried.

66elwood99
09-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Orange
I realize that the cut-off date has passed, but I am still interested. Can I still get in the group buy? I would like to purchase the top of the line exhaust system. The one with the dual tips. Please let me know. Thank you.

GIVE THEM A CALL I GOT MINE AFTER THE DEADLINE :D
It's a free call what can it hurt?

SmoothOperator
09-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Called MBRP today. I'll have my exhaust on Monday!!!! Woo frickin Hoo!!