PDA

View Full Version : water spots on headlight lense

ROKsi
06-09-2003, 04:55 PM
They've been there for a few months now, but I finally had a chance to pull it all apart and clean them now. I tried the usual windex route, but they are pretty stained. Is there a product or any special techniques that you guys know of that can get these spots off? Thanks a lot.

02TafWhtSi
06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
I like Stoner's "Invisible Glass" - use it on my windows and the headlight lenses. No streaking and good for removing bugs and other junk. ;)

laperra02
06-10-2003, 08:07 AM
very weird solution but it works really well.....use WD40....it takes off stains off of averything...it wont stain your ride i have used it on mine already when i did the black housing conversion..no prob at all...

02NITEHAWKSi EP
06-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Meguires has a plastic cleaner and plastic polish. I got it at at marine store... the only place I have been able to find it. It cleans and polishes clear plastics without discoloration or damage. It works great. I used it on my old Ford Taurus back in the day... I cleaned my headlights with degreaser, go off all that old wax people put on them then cleaned them with the cleaner then followed up with the polish. they came out to look brand new. It will also take out those little scratches out of your tailights. They will look wet.

raiyo
06-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Graffiti Master's PlastMaster. Great on any surface you don't want to harm. Even safe on the clear coat of your car.

AkronSi
06-11-2003, 02:32 PM
You could also try Plexus. I use it on my head lights and tail lights, and they look really good. As a bonus, if your windows are tinted, you can use it on them too.