PDA

View Full Version : Well shyt. I was going to my brothers house and...bam!!!

02SilverSiHB
06-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I was showing off to my brother how nice my suspension handles :D I'm over here in Florida. Well, I was coming from the opposite end I usually come from and take a left on his road...he tried to warn me, but it was too late.

His street drops down really bad just at the turn, unlike the opposite end and you can't see it unless you're right on it. So I took the turn pretty hard and it sounded like I bottomed out real bad. So now I've noticed my rear passenger side sits about 1/2 an inch lower than my rear driver side. I know that it was even before I came to Florida. Also my car pulls to the right a little. I have no idea what is wrong at the moment, hopefully I will figure it out when I get home. I'm think maybe the control arm was hit??? I have no idea. It's strange. I took a look at the sleeves and there is the same amount of threads on each side, so I know that it should be even. My worse thought is a blown shock, but I would feel it and at least see oil. I guess I won't know for sure untill I jack it up and look under it.

If any of you have had these bad experience and may know right off what the problem is, let me know!

Damn, this sucks :(

EP3_DC5
06-09-2003, 07:33 PM
gah....... Shock perhaps, but I think that you should definately get an alignment and that might fix it.......

EP33
06-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I have bottomed hard a couple times.

Does your steering wheel now sit at the 11 or 1 o'clock position when driving straight? Because my car does that when I take turns too fast. If I turn right fast and hard, when I go straight the wheel is turned to the right. The opposite is also true. To get my wheel centered again I take a turn fast in the opposite direction as the turn that made my wheel crooked???????

02SilverSiHB
06-10-2003, 07:06 PM
well I finally jacked my car up and looked to see what's up. The shock was fine, the sleeves seemed even, so I dropped it back down. Drove it around for a while and took a look at the drop to see how it's doing. The drop is even now, I checked many times. I think maybe I was looking at the drop at the wrong moment and it was just at a slant in the road.

EP33 the alignment is off for sure. My steering wheel has to be turned slightly to the left at about 11 o' clock like you said, to keep it striaght. If I let go, it stays striaght. Strange, these cars of ours seem very fragile when something like this happens, whether it be a bottom out, or messing with the suspension, I've always noticed it will be off.

So once I get back, I have it realigned. Thank God it wasn't the shock :D good ole tough koni's :p

IceD out N CALI
06-10-2003, 07:42 PM
glad to see it wasnt that bad afterall:)

EP33
06-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Cool, glad to hear it's all good too. I think our Electric Power Sterring is weak, alomst like it "skips". I've had my car aligned 5 times and the same shyt keeps happening with the steering wheel. Oh well I'll DEAL WITH IT.

Have a safe trip back to TX.