PDA

View Full Version : Venom

QUICK02SI
06-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any one is running the Venom 2000 Kit. If so hows it working out, Have you had any problems or does everything run great.
Thanks

smokincivic
06-10-2003, 04:12 PM
This kit does seem pretty cool, but unfortunatly (unless they have recently changed their kits) they are only available in a dry kit which means its not happening until you fix our returnless fuel line. Speaking of which does anyone know what the turbo kits that are coming out are doing about this???

QUICK02SI
06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, thats the reason i started this forum. You see I called Venom today and i spoke to one of the guys who says that there are other EP3's out there running the kit. He says that the returnless fuek would not be a problem.

ssvr6
06-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Really? Then I'd like to know how Venom is increasing the fuel flow without the return fuel vaccum line to boost the pressure.

I'm getting boosted right now and they HAVE to run a return fuel line with my car so that they can use an FPR to raise the pressure to the larger injectors.

I know that GReddy is using some sort of software to do it, but I'm wary of that. I'm sure it's good and all, I just don't think that Venom is using that same software.

Steve

ephatchback
06-11-2003, 04:04 PM
RevHard turbo kits for the ep have a "little black box" and bigger injectors to raise the fuel pressure on there turbos. The box wires up to your computer and raises fuel pressure as it's needed. Bigger injectors is the only other thing that they used. I read about it in the new Import Tuner, install and everything.

smokincivic
06-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Unless Venom has a similar "little black box" type of deal I'd say they are just talking out their ass to make a sale. Does the Venom kit have an application specifically designed for the K20A3 I looked on their website and it looks like they dont have any application specific kits, and if they dont I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them. I have heard nothing but good things about Venom's kits but I heard their tech support sucks.

ephatchback
06-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Even in Venom's ads in magazines they say the kit is designed to work on "newer cars w/o fuel return line systems". I'm sure if you asked them they would tell you what makes their kit different from other dry kits, and why it would work on our cars.