PDA

View Full Version : Is forced induction the "killer app" for the K20A3?

SiR Medic
06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Seems to me like there are a lot of turbochargers and supercharger kits coming out for the Si(R)...

Can we expect more of these kits coming out?

The K20A3 seems to be begging for forced induction with its relatively low compression and appetite for regular fuel.

Discuss:

gpt
06-10-2003, 02:01 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. You will then get better than CTR performance for a less than CTR cost! Do a few handling upgrades and you will be there.....

BlasTech
06-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda seemed to think so at SEMA: GReddy T518Z Turbocharger with integral wastgate, prototype GReddy front-mounted intercooler kit with aluminum piping, GReddy Airinx high-flow intake system, GReddy e-manage engine control manager, GReddy Profec E-01 electronic boost controller

:p

SiR Medic
06-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Just check out the July "Import Tuner".

They got a Jackson Racing Supercharger for the Si on page 20, and a Rev Hard Turbo on page 68!

Tekdemon
06-11-2003, 06:29 AM
well I think the thing about this killer app is $$...first, you need to get a lot of it =P

I can't wait to see what HKS comes up with...that extra development time has to be good for something I hope!

ATRIOT
06-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Just waiting till the warrenty runs out...:)

ssvr6
06-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Seems to me like there are a lot of turbochargers and supercharger kits coming out for the Si(R)...

Can we expect more of these kits coming out?

The K20A3 seems to be begging for forced induction with its relatively low compression and appetite for regular fuel.

Discuss:

Not only can you expect more kits, but kits that make a lot of power. Hell, I'm still on pump gas and will be up to 15lbs of boost.

This engine is pheonomial.

Steve