PDA

View Full Version : I guess the ep's looks are somewhat deciving

4g63dsm
06-10-2003, 10:26 PM
don't get me wrong i am not an ep fanatic who thinks its can beat any car. i just think its funny how it doesn't get the props it deserves because of its looks. for example at my school ever since i got my car everyone has wanted to race me claiming that my car is slow. The funny thing is that my friend ( who goes to the same school) has a base rsx both of us keep telling people that they are the same cars. i don't belive in racing on the street so when people want to race me i just tell them to race my friend with the rsx, and they get this look on they're face like 'are you crazy ? i could never beat the base rsx' another example of this is the 7th gen EM civics that always claim to beat the EP. but where are the EM civics that claim to beat rsx bases its almost unheard of. proof that the rsx base and EP is the same carhttp://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=13338

ssvr6
06-10-2003, 10:29 PM
I get tried EVERY day in my EP. I let it roll off of my back like water on a duck. I don't race on the street either.

What I can't wait to do, is pop the gas a little or rev it up enough for them to hear the turbine spinning or my BOV "exhaling".

We'll see if it's fun for them to try me then. ;)

Steve

4g63dsm
06-10-2003, 10:33 PM
i did that in my eclipse even though venting to the atmosphere was bad , it sounded dope and anyone that reved at me in they're rice shit would never race me after they heard the Blitz BOV go whooooosh

ssvr6
06-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I used to do that with my VR6 when I had nitrous. I would win more "races" by purging than actually getting on the gas.

It was priceless when some fuck in a GSR would rev on me and I'd purge this HUGE plume of n2o and he wouldn't even look at me.

LOL :p

Steve

iR-VTEC2
06-10-2003, 10:46 PM
heh thats rad.

furious
06-11-2003, 05:01 AM
I have never seen a new Si on the streets and I frequent from Worcester MA all the way to the towns surrounding Boston MA.

I have seen one roll into a parking lot in Boston...but of the two years...that was all my sighting.

So needless to say many people turn their heads at the sight of my EP, but I really haven't gotten much street race challenges in this car. The only ones I remember getting into are with accord and civic owners lately...

I am kind of glad that I don't get challenged as much now cause I am a moron mostly when it comes to street racing..

Tekdemon
06-11-2003, 05:57 AM
lol yeah, purging does look pretty intimidating =P

Although, if you saw 2F2F, I felt it was just showing off by the time Paul Walker was finished "purging"

I mean, really, you don't have to purge 20 times...we got that you had a nitrous kit the FIRST purge...what a waste of nitrous.

;)

ssvr6
06-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Luckily, I had that car BEFORE FNTF and sold it BEFORE it came out. :)

Steve

mattyb
06-11-2003, 06:41 AM
People want to race you because the EP hatch's are the new thing and the letters SI inspire competetiveness among many. A lot of people have EP envy and thats why they may pull up on you. Happens to me all the time where I live, and my car is 100% bone stock. I think its dope to just let them rev knowing that I have a killer blonde in my new EP with me and he has another dude in the passenger seat of his "big winged" ride. Prety frickin funny if you ask me. As a side note I convinced my MOM to buy a new EP, and she gets the same sheeeeat. She laughs as do I. Part of what makes all of this fun. I love it all....

tony speed
06-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by mattyb
People want to race you because the EP hatch's are the new thing and the letters SI inspire competetiveness among many. A lot of people have EP envy and thats why they may pull up on you. Happens to me all the time where I live, and my car is 100% bone stock. I think its dope to just let them rev knowing that I have a killer blonde in my new EP with me and he has another dude in the passenger seat of his "big winged" ride. Prety frickin funny if you ask me. As a side note I convinced my MOM to buy a new EP, and she gets the same sheeeeat. She laughs as do I. Part of what makes all of this fun. I love it all....

i used to get tried everyday when i had my muffler disconnected...since i reatached my muffler, noone thinks i'm a ricer and noone tries to attack me. :D i'm a lot happier.......ok i forgot about the guy with his big block chevy who tried to intimidate me in traffic last week..but they're just silly anyway.

TrippZ
06-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I used to do that with my VR6 when I had nitrous. I would win more "races" by purging than actually getting on the gas.

It was priceless when some fuck in a GSR would rev on me and I'd purge this HUGE plume of n2o and he wouldn't even look at me.

LOL :p

Steve

lol

klik
06-11-2003, 11:52 AM
That is so true,
yesterday when 3 of my friend were goin to play ball when a rice out v6 accord rev at me at hte stop light with his bitch on his side, well we went off and got that bastard off the line and i got 4 peeps on my car including me.
second a riced out white civic EX with 3 bitches in his car lookin at me funny and my friend at the stop light well he went off first cuz im not expecting to race that poo, believed or not i still got him before the next stop light comes hehehehehe.
I love my EP

Type X
06-11-2003, 02:27 PM
i dont get any hate on my car
actually tons of compliments
maybe cause i give kids hard looks while in my shit ;)

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/E4/EE/19815652-8402-028001E0-.jpg

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/65/EA/19815525-57ff-028001E0-.jpg
:cool:

jerky
06-11-2003, 02:36 PM
nice rims bitch.:D

Brettnyt
06-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Type X
i dont get any hate on my car
actually tons of compliments
maybe cause i give kids hard looks while in my shit ;)

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/E4/EE/19815652-8402-028001E0-.jpg

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/65/EA/19815525-57ff-028001E0-.jpg
:cool:

Or maybe its cuz your fuggin ginormous.... ;) Nice rims man, they look phat.... :)

4g63dsm
06-11-2003, 04:39 PM
but why does everyone get the impression that they can race the EP but not the base rsx? still a mystery to me

CleanBlackSi02
06-11-2003, 04:55 PM
I never have anyone try me or want to race me...ever.

Bushido
06-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
I never have anyone try me or want to race me...ever.

me neither.. i guess im just one of the lucky ones..

tony speed
06-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
but why does everyone get the impression that they can race the EP but not the base rsx? still a mystery to me

remember the commercial with the old guy screaming at the celica to slow down adn it wasn't moving? .... looks fast. people don't expect a hatchback to be fast unless they're familiar with the GTI

!@#$%
06-11-2003, 08:02 PM
nobody ever tries to race me. I've been hitting the track lately. So much more fun.

SHAKEnBAKE
06-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Just once, my friend with RSX-S, can't drive for shit, so I guess it doesn't count for a kill.:D

Here's the story!! (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9962)

cj miller
06-12-2003, 01:37 AM
i dont get to much reving but i do alot of it since its fun and i love to see people get serious about it. i got owned by a 1.8t GTI and ive beaten every civic ive raced. i also raced 2 00' si's on the freeway and beat them both. they werent stock either. hmmm maybe they dont know how to downshit of something.

Brettnyt
06-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Not many people have wanted to race me or anything, most the time they just pull up next to me to look... I wanted to toy with some modded EX last night but he wouldnt even look at me...

Tekdemon
06-13-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Not many people have wanted to race me or anything, most the time they just pull up next to me to look... I wanted to toy with some modded EX last night but he wouldnt even look at me...
Nah, I think for all the smack the 7th gen EX people might talk, I noticed that almost all EX Civics sort of know what the Si is, and kind of just slow down when you're around...and they definitely won't rev at you.

I haven't ever had anybody ever rev at me actually, although some drunk girls in an eclipse tried to race me(but they didn't actually rev, only drunken yelling).

IownAmaxima
06-13-2003, 07:38 AM
I doubt I would bother racing a civic... wouldn't waste the gas. I have 'paced' a couple (not EPs) off the line from lights, but I could have left whenever I wanted so what's the point? It is funny to watch guys shifting like mad and getting pissed when I pop the gas a little and jump a half car on them, only to let off and let them catch up.

I promise I'll run the next EP that wants it and let you know the results but if he does a ricer fly-by after he loses I swear I'll hunt him down and squash him like a bug!

Type X, nice rims and photography skills.

4g63dsm, nice avatar (can I have the original? :) )

stephen
06-13-2003, 08:44 AM
its funny to hear you guys talking about our car as if it were fast or something.

i've gotten revved on by a turbo GSX, WRX, and SRT-4. against which i was overmatched in every instance.

IownAmaxima
06-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by stephen
its funny to hear you guys talking about our car as if it were fast or something.

i've gotten revved on by a turbo GSX, WRX, and SRT-4. against which i was overmatched in every instance. that was kind of my point... with gas prices at a premium I don't race cars I know I'll crush, and I don't try to race cars I know will crush me. I do understand it's sometimes fun to see what another car will do, and to try to get an overmatched car to run (someone got an M5 to run him... I say 'cool, but you'll end up like a bug').

If any of those you mentioned or an accord v6, mustang, BMW 3 or 5 series (not M5 but I'd go with an M3 just to see), etc wanted to race I'd go, but unless I'm feeling pretty randy that day I wouldn't go WOT against a civic or a cobra... no offense intended but it's not worth the gas to either of us.

tony speed
06-13-2003, 09:02 AM
in a few years, you never know what they're running under the hood unless you hear a hiss or see the intercooler. don't sleep on eps. some people have them turboed or swapped already. plus, i don't think anyone wants to race a family sedan anyway....if a maxima tried to race me, i wouldn't bother

IownAmaxima
06-13-2003, 09:07 AM
I can understand you not wanting to run a maxima... it'd get old looking at the back of it so often http://ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

I can respect the modding thing... I don't really understand it but I can respect it.

The part I don't understand is spending that money on an EP, then doing a swap... ??? The EP is new, right? So basically someone is buying a new (or "newer") car and then dumping another $3-$5k in it... I'm not asking for an explanation, people have their reasons, but it seems to me someone would be better off putting all that money toward "more car" rather than dropping a lot of coin on the car just to mod it. If the goal is to mod it, why not go for an older model?

tony speed
06-13-2003, 09:12 AM
i see your point, personally i don't worry about waranties so it's no big deal to me. i like the ep, and i'm not willing to wait 6 years before i mod it. the other car i was looking into was a prelude and i probably would have modded that too even if it's only about 3 years old.

tony speed
06-13-2003, 11:19 AM
ok, i thought about it some more.
reasons i didn't buy a more expensive car:
1) i hate most cars. very picky about stuff like interior
2) i wanted a type-r but that's not here
3) i can modify at my own pace (buying a more expenisve car means higher monthly payments)
4) i really liked the ep as a whole.
5) i wanted a new car and yet i wanted to mod eventually
reasons i mod my ep:
1) its my replacement for a woman ;)
2) i'm impatient