PDA

View Full Version : HKS Turbo Kit CANCELED!!!

Tekdemon
06-11-2003, 06:44 AM
According to multiple people at clubrsx, HKS told them that they would no longer be releasing a full turbo kit due to fuel issues =(

They are going to release a manifold though...

Since the Si kit was supposed to be based on the RSX kit and follow it in release, and since we have the same friggin fuel system, that means the Si kit has just gone RIP =(

oh well...at least GReddy's here =P

ssvr6
06-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Yeah, but even Modern Perf is having some tuning issues. (He claims it may be a bad unit, but who knows for sure.)

Steve

JackHerer
06-11-2003, 08:01 AM
just go with an Ultimate Racing turbo kit and be done with it. ;)

irrational
08-03-2003, 03:25 AM
i hope that this info is bad!!! i really want the hks kit over the greddy.:'(

Jodster
08-03-2003, 05:18 AM
HKS said the same damn thing about the 7thgencivic EX. They said it was due to fuel problems. But all kinds of other companies are having no problems? I just think HKS is lazy.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-03-2003, 08:14 AM
HKS has been known to cancel turbo kit production if there's too much competition...

Now there's what...like 4-5 kits out for the ep...within the last few months...

D16Y8_Turbo
08-03-2003, 08:33 AM
I doubt that the kit is cancelled. Why you ask? Read the new Car and Driver magazine where they highlight all the aftermarket support for front wheel driven sport compacts and guess what is one of the manufacturers in the contest? HKS with a turbo RSX. Only time will tell. That kit even comes with a ball bearing turbo :p

G-J
08-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
I doubt that the kit is cancelled. Why you ask? Read the new Car and Driver magazine where they highlight all the aftermarket support for front wheel driven sport compacts and guess what is one of the manufacturers in the contest? HKS with a turbo RSX. Only time will tell. That kit even comes with a ball bearing turbo :p

I dunno about that. Just because they have a RSX with one - doesnt necessarily mean it will go into production. There was a HKS Accord V6 and they still stopped production due to tranny issues. But the funny thing is that Comptech and Jackson can make superchargers for it though.... It seems like HKS likes to bail out last second.

HKS - makers of fine turbo upgrades and accessories.

D16Y8_Turbo
08-05-2003, 08:33 AM
In time we'll know