PDA

View Full Version : Body Decals and "Rice"

TrippZ
06-11-2003, 12:03 PM
What constitutes exactly of having a body decal being rice? Right now I'm working on some decals for my ride, becausei want it Yellow and Black (black rims, tint, headlights, taillights, bumper lenses, etc, yellow body) and I wanted to put a little pizazz on my hood but nothing like a tribal image and then it all molds together to form two lines across the body with some writing in the middle (my business name)

nothing flahsy, but obvious...

what do you think?

Brettnyt
06-11-2003, 12:26 PM
After seeing pics of your urine yellow and black theme, I think it may complement your ride nicely... Lets see some designs!

Chrisbgft
06-11-2003, 12:28 PM
I have a show coming up and was thinking about doing graphics for my car. They looked like scratches going up and down. Like a tictactoe board. Looked very nice and not ricey at all. I just dont want to get the shit from people for having them. I am not a person who cares what people say, but am worried about people making fun of my car and doing shit to it.

BSEVEER
06-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Nothing flashy? I think body graphics and flashy kinda go together.

black87regal
06-11-2003, 12:53 PM
but am worried about people making fun of my car and doing shit to it.

ah, screw what other people think. its your car do what you want with it. rice or not its your choice not theres. my personal view on the deal is that it will be rice but what does my opinion matter?

beansbear
06-11-2003, 12:54 PM
man. i just dont get this "rice" thing.
kinda silly if you ask me. If YOU like it thats all that matters.

Chrisbgft
06-11-2003, 12:55 PM
your opinion doesnt matter, but there are the people who will be idiots and throw shit or do shit to my car. I dont want that.

black87regal
06-11-2003, 01:05 PM
dont let them bother you, your car will be fine.

02NJHondaep3
06-11-2003, 01:39 PM
bad rice IMO. buts its your car
"Function over Fashion"

CleanBlackSi02
06-11-2003, 03:25 PM
I will make fun of you.

Mugen_EP
06-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
I will make fun of you.

Dont we all anyway,:D

513n179
06-11-2003, 05:02 PM
it's your car... do what you like with it.

siver-SI
06-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey Chris any place online that has some shots of the decals you want to put on. Just would like to see what they look like.

SHAKEnBAKE
06-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Actually we all will make fun of you, but deep down in our heart we support you.

I admit I was kinda negative about "body graphics", but after seeing some of the stuff other guys posted, it's not that bad. Especially if you design those yourself! It shows that you're creative and unique.

So, go ahead and do it! Keep us posted!

PS: No Fast and Furious Shit! I will personally track you down and sand your car down to bare metal

SiR Medic
06-12-2003, 03:16 AM
Are decals ricey? They are in the sense that they add nothing to the performance of the car...

That doesn't mean they can't look good however! I think the main thing is to keep it subtle and simple.

I kind of like the Sparco Si with the black triangles coming off the headlights... Is that what you got in mind? Give us a sketch!

jbarket
06-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Depends on the execution.

After all, the difference between a serious custom paint job and vinyl decals is just money. Take a look in any Import Tuner or similar Primedia magazine and half of the cover cars have vinyl done.

I don't think your average cheap-o tribal bs from the black and white ads in the back of the magazine are worth while, but if you look.. or have something custom put together.. and have it put on by professionals, I think it can be nice.

Personally, I'm having the same dillema myself. On one hand I want to represent the parts on my car and flash it up with some decals, and on the other I just want to go like Kings Motorsport's sweet ass EP and just place my company's logo on it and leave it alone.

I think the bottom line is that with a little taste anything can be rice or not rice (excluding all those dumb leds.. those are rice full time :D).. so just do what you want and represent it as clean as you can.

Tekdemon
06-12-2003, 05:06 AM
I actually think a seriously well done decal setup isn't too bad if it's your own graphics and such, but what's really rice is putting on decals for products you don't have.

Like those idiots with the "Mugen" stickers and NOS stickers on a car that obviously has no friggin Mugen parts whatsoever.

Sometimes it doesn't even make any sense. I saw a Toyota Corolla with a white Type R sticker in the tinted rear window, some 17" rims, and a big fart exhaust, and all I could think was, OH MY GOD THAT IS SO RICE. =P

So go ahead and do those graphics and show us how it looks =) But if I ever catch you sticking on Spoon, Mugen, NX, NOS, Eibach, and Type R or VTEC stickers all over your car I'll go sand em off too =P

Civicvtec1ps
06-12-2003, 07:39 AM
some of decal look good on ep.
just dont get gay ass fast and the furious crap, i will go bite you:D

TrippZ
06-12-2003, 11:19 AM
i have a sketch that i drew the day before i posted this, ill try and get you a digitalized copy later. its really not that bad.

i was thinking about doing the sparco headlights, you guys think i should go for that?

Burgh
06-12-2003, 11:35 AM
You know what's funny - I bet 99% of the people would make fun of you for stuff like that have "mods" on their cars that are purely for show and have NOTHING to do with performance. Like others have said, do it if you like it.

beansbear
06-12-2003, 11:40 AM
again...
who cares what other people think. they wont drive your car. they wont have to look at it every morning. YOU do.
Do what makes you HAPPY!

:)

02NJHondaep3
06-12-2003, 12:38 PM
not always true. I cant stand the rice in my town. I see crap every morning.The spoiled kids with their systems and decals, make me angry cause a beautiful car is going to waste and theyre making it look horrid. Its like pissing on a Da Vinci. Thats part of the reason i try to keep mine clean.Thats why people get upset. Jealously too but i'm proud that my sleeper can walk on that bmw with altezzas on 20s. (hypothetically)

TezGari
06-12-2003, 01:36 PM
I wana put my TEIN stickers on my front bumber under the turnning signal (bottom sides). I want to but i dont want tooo, some thinks its rice, but then again its TEIN racing Springs and TEIN is kool!

mental
06-12-2003, 02:40 PM
fuck that graphics are for SHOWS and guys who like caulk!!!! that and if i was to get vinyl work on my car i sure ass hell would make sure it was actually good looking kinda like the race cars in japan with the company sponsors and how they put ADVAN on the front bumper that actually looks cool!!! But i sure as hell wouldnt put and stripes or any designs on there fuck that!!! and if you get any kinda of ASIAN writtings i dont care what langauge it is, it will make your car look very very very horrible but like i said... IMO soo if you to make your car look like you prefer expensive and not cool, to , expensive cool and fast well then do so!

TezGari
06-12-2003, 03:10 PM
At least he wasnt askiing about cardboard ground effects....................(got it from the Own3d thread).

02TafWhtSi
06-12-2003, 06:54 PM
I follow this rule for decals:
Small, tasteful, and if there are more than a couple - all placed uniformilly.

Tekdemon
06-13-2003, 04:18 AM
oh my god...cardboard ground effects...oh that's just not right...

And I actually think writing random Chinese characters is cool if you put all curses all over the car hahaha...or maybe threats even!

You could probably put "If you touch my car I'll fuck you up good asshole" on your windshield and nobody would know...well except people who can read Chinese of course.

TrippZ
06-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
oh my god...cardboard ground effects...oh that's just not right...

And I actually writing random Chinese characters is cool if you put all curses all over the car hahaha...or maybe threats even!

You could probably put "If you touch my car I'll fuck you up good asshole" on your windshield and nobody would know...well except people who can read Chinese of course.

do that lol and then cruise through china town at 5mph with the gangsta lean... yknow.. just to see what happens...

ATRIOT
06-14-2003, 09:06 AM
IMO, there's a fine line between doing it tastefully or being rice.
On one hand, EP3's shouldnt be treated as a giant $16000 sticker book, but a couple tastefully placed stickers rep'ing your parts is all good. Trippz, arnt you afraid that the yellow and black combo will make your car look like a Giant Bumble Bee?

r3p00c
06-14-2003, 09:41 AM
speaking of rice, i passed an older accord yesterday that had a DIY 'HONDA' winshield banner... the letters were those ones you stick on the side of a mailbox! how ghey!