PDA

View Full Version : New carbon fiber hood from Seibon!

AFS Motorsports
06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Newest hood from Seibon. OEM style is also available.

chet
06-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Nice to see you guys here. I am the guy who came up earlier this year for the cf lip fitting. Did you guys ever fit any of these hoods on an EP yet? I have been thinking about coming to see you guys. Still wondering if your company will do red cf/kevlar hoods.

Welcome to the site, is this Shawn?

-Chet

Robbies'03Si
06-11-2003, 06:16 PM
yo how much for the seibon hood? that looks reall nice

Suk02Si
06-11-2003, 06:26 PM
What's up with the Mugen style hood, any pics of it?

Makross
06-11-2003, 06:28 PM
nice hood how much will a oem style hood run?

!@#$%
06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
you should go ahead and become a vendor. $$$ awaits you. :D

AFS Motorsports
06-11-2003, 08:14 PM
We are a vendor on this forum now. This hood is priced for $550 and the OEM style is $450. Type-MG hood is coming soon.

Shawn
shawn@afsmotorsports.com
317-381-0805

Makross
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
any words on your lip?? will it be for our usdm bumper???

chet
06-11-2003, 09:39 PM
I wanted to let you guys know I am going to try and make it up to AFS on Thursday for a test fitting on their new hood. I am hoping to walk away with a deal on one of the two. I am curious about your opinions on the hood above. Air dam, no air dam, what do you think??

fsugatorbait
06-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Makross
any words on your lip?? will it be for our usdm bumper???

Yes, very interested in if your lips will fit US spec bumpers...keep us posted.

chet
06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
MADE A PURCHASE TODAY!!

I've been wanting one for awhile, but something different. I hate, wait not hate, but I'd rather have something unlike the OEM. Will help quite a bit with heat dissipation. The latch, which I need to take a pic of, is built into the carbon fiber, not bolted onto the outside of the cf. Is quite a bit lighter than stock, but the stock hood wasn't that heavy to start with (IMO).

I will tell you that you will either have to move your hood stand (?) or you will have to Dremel a hole on the left side for your stand. This hood is built for Japanese and European models. I am not complaining though. I liked it the minute I saw it on the car.

Latches SOLID , but they threw in hood pins anyway (I will install eventually). Holes will be needed for the clips that hold the washer lines (Currently danglin'). . .

chet
06-12-2003, 06:21 PM

chet
06-12-2003, 06:23 PM
#3, I will go take a pic of the latch.

1 fstr si
06-12-2003, 07:34 PM
i really like that. but i still kinda wanna see what price your gonna put on the mugen style hood.

hamlet9634
06-12-2003, 07:48 PM
hey.. finally.. a copy of the buddy club hood.. god damn that looks nice.. and 550 is reasonable

except it looks from those three pics that it doesn't fit perfectly.. is it not fully closed? please tell me it's not fully closed in those pics.. there's a gap at the front end, and the crease is offset.. please tell me the hood isn't fully closed.. i really want this hood, but not if it fits like that..

:(

EP3_DC5
06-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
hey.. finally.. a copy of the buddy club hood.. god damn that looks nice.. and 550 is reasonable

except it looks from those three pics that it doesn't fit perfectly.. is it not fully closed? please tell me it's not fully closed in those pics.. there's a gap at the front end, and the crease is offset.. please tell me the hood isn't fully closed.. i really want this hood, but not if it fits like that..

:(

It just looks like it needs to be adjusted?! Looks good though, other than the fit.

chet
06-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey hamlet, I took those pics before it was even bolted on. It wasn't shut either. I will take more pics tomorrow if I have time. I took some pics from inside. I will try and get them all posted. I will be really honest in saying I didn't know it was the B.Club copy. I like it alot.

todaCspec
06-13-2003, 07:18 AM
When you get a chance, please post some pics of the underside. Does this hood have a panel underneath the air vent so that you can close it like the REAL BuddyClub hood? The purpose of that feature is to keep water from coming into the engine bay.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Anyone going turbo should get a hood like this w/ the vent.
That vent is positioned right near the turbo and will drop underhood temperatures substantially.
My last civic w/ a turbo, warped the CF hood (factory style) due to the turbo's heat (got all wavy)...that was a Fiber Images.
Might have to try this one out, may be on the ricey side, but its the functionality i'm interested in.

hamlet9634
06-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by chet
Hey hamlet, I took those pics before it was even bolted on. It wasn't shut either. I will take more pics tomorrow if I have time.

ok, i was REALLY worried there for a min.. yeah, please take a couple more pics when its done.

I think i'll be getting this one pretty soon.. it's awesome looking.

as far as getting water in the engine bay.. i don't think there's any major problem with water sinking in that location.. but you could cover it in a rain i guess even without a flap.

chet
06-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Toda, there is no panel underneath to close. Adam- it is great for heat dissipation. Hamlet, I have time to post one pic. Toda, I will post more pics when I get home from work this morning.

chet
06-13-2003, 02:59 PM
One from underneath.

chet
06-14-2003, 03:24 AM
latch pic

klik
06-14-2003, 11:09 AM
I think this hood is rice, do u still have that shopping cart wing chet? it match the hood hehehehe JK
i like the mugen style thought i think im diggin it.

hamlet9634
06-14-2003, 02:01 PM
are we back to this rice discussion?

ok, here's my definition of "rice" : visual effects of any kind that either have no performance benefit or have an actual performance detriment despite LOOKING like they are performance enhancers. examples : multiple fog lights that aren't bright enough to help you see, cutting coils so your car looks lower even though it handles shitty, big giant wings, stickers of performance enhancements (especially when said performance parts aren't even on the car), big muffler tips with stock mufflers.. etc.. etc..

so this carbon fiber wing (read as LIGHTER than stock = slightly better performance) with a central vent (for improved under hood cooling which can be especially beneficial in a forced aspiration car but is still important in an NA car).. is NOT, i repeat NOT.. rice