PDA

View Full Version : synchros anyone?

carbonSI
06-11-2003, 06:42 PM
how many of you have had your synchros changed so far? mine had just phucked up, took it in, and the mechanic said that theyve changed out about 5 in my area alone... :eek: goodness, ive got 15k on my motor so far, and i gotta get mine changed, those people had theirs done wayy back, but anyways just curious to see how many of you have had it done..? the mechanic also said, we'll get it fixed, and ill show you how to really drive that thing... im pretty sure i can drive MY car better than the majority, as, im sure you all can drive YOURS better than others, but its all gonn be free so i guess its all good, its just that when im at 4k+ rpms, and 40+mph, it scratches going into 3rd... and 4th gear is a bitch, i have to shove it in, and out of 4th :'( my baby is gonna be there for 2 days.. thats gonna suck.. -mike

i02si
06-11-2003, 07:09 PM
i got the same problem the car is in as we speak getting fixed but my parts are on back order from japan.:( :'(

simann
06-12-2003, 06:37 AM
I have the same problem, Except one night I was just cruisin and my whole tranny got locked out and stuck in fourth! Me and a freind had to virtually yank it out of gear and baby it around town till it started shifting right...

I took it to my honda dealership and they "drove it", they came back and said that it was totally fine! I wish I could get some new synchros! But it doesnt look like its gonna happen until my whole tranny goes.:rolleyes:

We are gonna have to get a total count on how many guys have the same tranny woes as we do, maybe we can get a petition sent to honda and have a recall on our trannys!:o

carbonSI
06-12-2003, 07:46 AM
sucks to hear that, the mechanic was sayin how honda 3rd-4th synchros are peices of shit, and that when you bring it in to get fixed, he thinks the new synchros are better, but either way, i have to wait until i get 2 days off... and my babys goin into sergury... -mike

simann
06-15-2003, 09:16 AM
I wish my mechanic thought they were peices of shit too!

I need to build up my own type-s custom strong tranny...ny brother has a type S and he is takin it to the acura dealership b/c of the same grinding synhros problem 2,3,and 4th are his crap gears.!:(

Hondas trannys just plane and simply suck:rolleyes:

carbonSI
06-16-2003, 01:38 PM
yes they do suck, but its more of the "acura" line that sucks... for some reason, they already did recalls on about 2-3 different acura models, havent heard of any from honda tho? weird.. -mike