PDA

View Full Version : taking EP on her first long trip >100 miles. Any suggestions?

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Like the title says.....here's what I'm planning on checking tonight:

1. oil level
2. coolant
3. tire pressure
4. battery indicator

anything else I should be concerned with or anything I should bring with me?

siver-SI
06-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Yea make sure to have some fun driving your car that much in one day. :)

As for your check list I think you are all good.

furious
06-12-2003, 07:57 AM
prep for a 100 mile+ trip...wow...good man!

i've owned by EP for only 5 weeks and have now 2,400 miles...drive 100 miles each weekday roundtrip from/to work:'(

IceD out N CALI
06-12-2003, 08:33 AM
hate to say it, but that civic commercial is true. "when you have a car you dont have to think about, what will you think about?"
you'll be fine, jus do what ur going to do with the oil level and u'll be fine:)

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks dudes! I can't wait to get on the road and use that cruise control for hours and hours.....

SubliminalSi
06-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Keep the pedal all the way down..it will go by much faster

NemesisITR
06-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Mine just fine after driving 1500+ miles in 2 days!! I think I will drive straight thru on the way back like I did last year:p

Its so nice to have cruise control!!!:D

BarracksSi
06-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Don't fall asleep...

Or, don't do what I did -- wake up and freak the HELL out because I thought I fell alseep while driving, only to rediscover that I was taking a nap at a gas station.

Lt_Si
06-12-2003, 10:46 AM
BarracksSi,
I did the exact same thing! I drove from San Antonio, TX to Lafayette, IN and back in one weekend(2400 miles total), and I had to stop and sleep on the way back at a rest area. I woke up thinking I was still driving. I also woke up a few times afraid that I was going to get jacked. I should bring a gun next time.
Back to the original post, the Si is a great trip car. The seats are surprisingly comfortable on long trips. On that trip I did 18 hours in a row and didn't get sore or anything.
cbecker333, I'm sure you'll be wishing that the trip was a lot more than 100 miles! I've already had my car in 12 states since December, and I can't wait until I can take another trip.

Rob

icegrill
06-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Jeez, for a hundred miles I'd make sure and have plenty of duct tape, road flares and blankets. Those are the most important things I think? :rolleyes:

Brettnyt
06-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Keep the pedal all the way down..it will go by much faster

LOL, i can just imagine that, cruise control at 137 mph... Listening to classical music, weaving in and out of traffic.. Sounds fun! :D

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Lol..137....oh man thats really funny because last time I made this trip (chicago to northern WI, about 250 miles) I was in my parents' brand new saturn 3-door and I got a monstrous speeding ticket. 26 mph over the speed limit - paid $275 on the spot with my credit card. The Wisconsin state police are really efficient at ticketing tourists from IL, I got pulled over by a squad car who simultaneously ticketed another IL driver whom I was pacing. So...yeah definitely no 137 on the way up there, maybe 5mph over the limit, MAX.

02NITEHAWKSi EP
06-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Living here in Florida I can't say it enought, check your wippers and get some rain-x before you go anywhere. It pours out here bad. I used to drive a Probe GT. The headlights used to pop up so you could see them when you drive. It rains so hard you could not see my lights on my hood 4 feet in front of the windshield...

Rain-X and wippers is a good thing to check before any road trip.

2) a nice quick coat of wax on your front bumper and hood will be good to keep those nasty bugs from sticking when you wash it. I hate love bug season here in Florida.... damn Horny bugs get a room....

Damn I complain a lot of Florida but I love it.