PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent: Weather

rgGolf4
06-12-2003, 08:05 AM
If anyone lives on the east coast and in particluar the North East, you feel my pain. The weather for the last 6 months has been awful, and I can't stand it anymore.

Not only was the winter one of the worst ever, the spring has not been much better. We get rain on average 4 times a week...and not just a short storm, I mean an all day event. I have not been able to get to a test and tune for a month due to the rain. I have not been able to wash and wax the car in a month. If I do, it stays clean for maybe 24 hours.

This is my first spring/summer with the Ep and have not been able to go for cruises at night or go to the local spots due to inclimate weather. I'm starting to get depressed.

I mean its June 12th, almost summer, and we still get 60 degree days with rain. Everytime I check the local news stations for a report, I can count on 3 consecutive days with rain in the forecast.

And forget the weekends. We haven't had a dry weekend in more than a month. I want to move, New England sucks!

civicSIracer
06-12-2003, 10:30 AM
man i feel your pain. here in southern cali the weather has suked ass for the hole spring. its been cold and misty and overcast all day, every day. i think it sucks everywhere.:confused:

furious
06-12-2003, 10:31 AM
where u r? Yeah, I concur...the weather blows.

though, despite my neighbors thinking that I'm crazy....I still wash my EP 2 to 3 times a week....my NBP gets all yellow in just one day from the pollen....

(I have washed my Si...~12 times since I've owned it for the last 5 weeks...last time I watered my lawn - Oct...)

I really hate it here in NE also...I would like to move to Colorado or Cali (south Cali that is).

Just 3 more friggin years..:cool:

King Kang
06-12-2003, 10:56 AM
AHHHH! New England weather SUCKS! I hate it up there! God! Whew, I don't know what I'm going to do, my girlfriend wants to move back up there some day. Fuck that. NE weather sucks. Here in NC, it is summer already. We've had our share of rain, but yesterday I went Jet-skiing for the first time without a wetsuit. Water was great.

Peopl in NE=awesome.....maybe even.....wicked awesome.
The weather in NE can toss my salad.

You should run away from home or move away.
(but if you wind up on my doorstep, I'll the cops)

rgGolf4
06-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I live right outside Springfield, MA.

I would like to move to S. Cali as well. I was there last summer and I fell in love with the area. So much to do, cool places...

Springfield is a dump, absolutely nothing to do, especially if your into cars. Night life consists of "downtown disctrict" with a few bars. Gets old quick.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2003, 11:27 AM
I hear you...
I'm at the Jersey shore...
It rained 27 of 30 days in May...
June has been no better so far...
The past 2 days have been hot (80+) and EXTREEEEEMLY muggy.
Hope this summer turns out nice.

IceD out N CALI
06-12-2003, 12:28 PM
its all about the greenhouse gases changing the weather patterns:o

02NJHondaep3
06-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah i live in central jersey and its been so hot and muggy. My cruises are cut short during the day cause its unbearable and i dont like puttin the ac on. at night tho it gets comfortable and i can cruise longer.

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 12:37 PM
thats right, Iced...since we defy evolution and there is no more natural selection among humans, you might say we have put the earth on a path that will naturally select us. I can handle rain - especially considering this has been one of the craziest midwest tornado seasons ever, just like last year.

cbecker333
06-12-2003, 12:41 PM
also, they are predicting a record number of tropical storms on the east coast this season

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
also, they are predicting a record number of tropical storms on the east coast this season

yippeeeeee!

:(

02NITEHAWKSi EP
06-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Here in Orlando it sucks too. This week has been raining all week. However, its hard to keep your car clean here even when it does not rain. There are sprinklers everywhere and of course they do a better job of wetting the road than the grass. It is ridiculous that sometimes its raining and the damn sprinklers are on while its raining. What a waste of water. I wish my county will pass the law like other counties in Florida that you must have a rain sensor on your sprinkler, if it rains, it will not go off. Second your sprinkler must wet the grass not the road... I will try to post pics of these guysers of water wetting the road.

Sorry to be a story stealer.... but I share your pain...especially since my EP is Nighthawk Black. I look at it and it gets dirty.:(