PDA

View Full Version : eibach pro kit ?

EP3smoker
06-12-2003, 09:11 AM
i'm about to order the eibach pro kit. now should i allso order the camber kit to be safe. please only respond if you have the pro kit install on your ep. i want real input on this kit. "i;m really worried about tire wear to the road.

02-sir
06-12-2003, 09:30 AM
I have the prokit and I measured my rear camber after the install. It was about -1.5 and -1.8 degrees (my garage was about .1 to .2 degrees off from level, so they are probably somewhere between those ranges. I'm going to get a camber kit, because I want to play with the alignment to get a good compromise between handling and tire wear for the type of driving I do, but it's not absolutely necessary. -1.8 degrees of camber is not the best if all you're concerned about is tire wear however.

hth

Nick

02TafWhtSi
06-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I've been using Pro-kits for about 9 months and haven't noticed abnormal tire wear. My dealership said my allignment was within specs when they were through. No camber kit = no problems (for me at least ;) )

goy091
06-18-2003, 03:40 AM
I've been using Pro-kits for about 9 months and haven't noticed abnormal tire wear. My dealership said my allignment was within specs when they were through. No camber kit = no problems (for me at least )

just wondering since youve had the springs for awhile, if your struts had worn out? i was thinking about the pro kits and i really dont want to replace the struts anytime too soon.

02TafWhtSi
06-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by goy091

just wondering since youve had the springs for awhile, if your struts had worn out? i was thinking about the pro kits and i really dont want to replace the struts anytime too soon.

Mine seem A-OK so far. I WILL replace them with a stiffer set as soon as Tokico finishes theirs but until then the OEMs should hold up w/out problems. The Pro-kits seem like the most friendly of all the aftermarket springs for our OEM shocks since they have the most modest drop and the spring rate is more to keep the ride smooth instead of all out performance.

2k2civicSi
06-27-2003, 02:33 PM
pro kit has a great ride no need for camber kit and the stock shocks wont go for a long wile ive had mine for a year no problems at all

X 2KS2K
06-27-2003, 03:13 PM
my camber was within factory spec after installing the pro-kit. also, don't we have the same shocks as the type r? since the pro kit drop is about the same as the type r, i would think the shocks would be fine. i haven't had any problems, 9000 miles on them so far.